Gaetzgate: Gaetz under investigation for being a pedo

Trumpers exonerated him. Unreal. I heard the Koch bros. donated millions to electrion deniers as well. These ****ers have billions to play with, and half the people in position to stop them were given jobs by the people they are supposed to keep an eye on. It's literally a crime wave that follows these people. They walk around creating havoc and chaos for fun. Alarm as Koch bankrolls dozens of election denier candidates

Another successful smear job.

That was exactly the purpose. He was effective so they found a clever ruse to sideline him.

As a former political hatchet, the holy grail was to smear someone with being a pedo. Doesnt have to be true, just get something so that you can credibly get press stories with the word "pedophile" in the same paragraph as the candidate or pol's name. Magic.

I was able to start one rumor campaign myself that got one person derailed out of office (though in fairness, it was someone else's wife and I did hear the rumor from others first) and had to help more than one person fight through a rumor attack. Worked it on someone else but with no effect even though I would have bet my house that rumor was true.

Also, used to be said in my stomping ground that the only things that could cause problems for a pol is being found in bed with a live boy or a dead girl but now, its pretty much only a dead girl or a little boy. With the way things are going though, who knows how long those standards with last.

That was exactly the purpose. He was effective so they found a clever ruse to sideline him.

As a former political hatchet, the holy grail was to smear someone with being a pedo. Doesnt have to be true, just get something so that you can credibly get press stories with the word "pedophile" in the same paragraph as the candidate or pol's name. Magic.

I was able to start one rumor campaign myself that got one person derailed out of office (though in fairness, it was someone else's wife and I did hear the rumor from others first) and had to help more than one person fight through a rumor attack. Worked it on someone else but with no effect even though I would have bet my house that rumor was true.

Also, used to be said in my stomping ground that the only things that could cause problems for a pol is being found in bed with a live boy or a dead girl but now, its pretty much only a dead girl or a little boy. With the way things are going though, who knows how long those standards with last.
Did you just openly admit to being a massive sleaze bag? Props for the honesty I suppose

Did you just openly admit to being a massive sleaze bag? Props for the honesty I suppose

being a sleaze and being a pedo and trafficking underage girls are worlds apart - the latter is what he was accused on based on some anonymous sources and continually perpetuating by his political opponents. pretty disgusting if you ask me regardless of what i think of the person.

Reactions: StarRaider
being a sleaze and being a pedo and trafficking underage girls are worlds apart - the latter is what he was accused on based on some anonymous sources and continually perpetuating by his political opponents. pretty disgusting if you ask me regardless of what i think of the person.
I wasn't asking him about Gaetz. I was asking him about himself. It read to me like the poster himself was admitting to spreading rumors just to take someone out

I wasn't asking him about Gaetz. I was asking him about himself. It read to me like the poster himself was admitting to spreading rumors just to take someone out

Being a political operative is not for the faint of heart. I was not really concerned with whether you thought my line of play was "sleazy" or not, only if it would win. For myself, however, I can say I only amplified rumors that I had reason to believe may be true. None were regarding pedophiles, more garden variety hijinks really, though I admit hunting earnestly for something could stick in my oppo research.

Opposition research is like running an intelligence operation. There is analysis, gathering raw information from others of all sorts, plus then seeding the field with misinformation, trying to discern where you are being trolled to go into a weak vector to waste your time or boomerang. Ah, fun times. But in the end, I simply was not willing to desecrate my moral lines to do the things I knew needed to get done. Your opinion is worthless but my own need to look in the mirror required a career change.

Since the other operatives had no compunctions crossing those lines, I was at a disadvantage, even though my strategies were often better. In the end, I had to pass it on to others who were less capable than I but willing to be more vicious. In a guerilla war, it does not pay to have scruples of any kind. The progressive operatives I have run up against, have absolutely none. Fortunately, only a very few were really talented.

And if you think political operatives are sleazy, ha, you havent seen some of the candidates.

Being a political operative is not for the faint of heart. I was not really concerned with whether you thought my line of play was "sleazy" or not, only if it would win. For myself, however, I can say I only amplified rumors that I had reason to believe may be true. None were regarding pedophiles, more garden variety hijinks really, though I admit hunting earnestly for something could stick in my oppo research.

Opposition research is like running an intelligence operation. There is analysis, gathering raw information from others of all sorts, plus then seeding the field with misinformation, trying to discern where you are being trolled to go into a weak vector to waste your time or boomerang. Ah, fun times. But in the end, I simply was not willing to desecrate my moral lines to do the things I knew needed to get done. Your opinion is worthless but my own need to look in the mirror required a career change.

Since the other operatives had no compunctions crossing those lines, I was at a disadvantage, even though my strategies were often better. In the end, I had to pass it on to others who were less capable than I but willing to be more vicious. In a guerilla war, it does not pay to have scruples of any kind. The progressive operatives I have run up against, have absolutely none. Fortunately, only a very few were really talented.

And if you think political operatives are sleazy, ha, you havent seen some of the candidates.
I think you make excuses to justify your own abhorrent behavior. I understand it's how the system is built. Doesn't mean you all shouldn't be held in absolute contempt. I hope you are doing better in life now and aren't a POS anymore. Best of luck to you.

I think you make excuses to justify your own abhorrent behavior. I understand it's how the system is built. Doesn't mean you all shouldn't be held in absolute contempt. I hope you are doing better in life now and aren't a POS anymore. Best of luck to you.

I think you make judgements without having much understanding. Most of politics is filled with activists - basically people with opinions but who dont really do anything. Operatives understand that they do the things that activists cannot, either though lack of ability, imagination or means - or often are simply unwilling to soil themselves with.

And abhorrent behavior? hah! abhorrent to whom? What you find abhorrent I may find necessary. Again, you are like a child playing at war with foam swords. Not that it is different than the masses - most opinionated sort are simply a variant of Gretta "how DARE YOU" who are mere pawns of others.

No, what I found troubling is that I liked the game too much and in order to win, I would have to go further than I wanted to go for the issues that I was responsible to address. That was for domestic issues. In the foreign areas I dabbled, I had no such qualms but had less of a clear mandate.

I think you make judgements without having much understanding. Most of politics is filled with activists - basically people with opinions but who dont really do anything. Operatives understand that they do the things that activists cannot.

And abhorrent behavior? hah! abhorrent to whom? What you find abhorrent I may find necessary. Again, you are like a child playing at war with foam swords. Not that it is different than the masses - most opinionated sort are simply a variant of Gretta "how DARE YOU" who are mere pawns of others.

No, what I found troubling is that I liked the game too much and in order to win, I would have to go further than I wanted to go for the issues that I was responsible to address. That was for domestic issues. In the foreign areas I dabbled, I had no such qualms but had less of a clear mandate.
So you are great at justifying abhorrent behavior. You, and those like you, are why the system is broken. Congrats on being the problem. Perhaps you are just saying you have no morals and have no problem with that. If that's the case then yeah I see your point. It's to the detriment of our society. But good on you.

So you are great at justifying abhorrent behavior. You, and those like you, are why the system is broken. Congrats on being the problem. Perhaps you are just saying you have no morals and have no problem with that. If that's the case then yeah I see your point. It's to the detriment of our society. But good on you.

No, I am saying that the problem was that I had moral that made me unwilling to do things I knew were necessary to achieve the goal, whereas my opponents moral codes did not so hinder them. I tried to compensate via superior strategy and was partially successful for a time but realized in the end that it was a Sisyphean battle, so I withdrew.

There may come a time where I re-enter...but only if I can do so where the goal is sufficient to unleash my full skillset and talents. I pray we do not reach such a place as a county.

VN Store

Back