'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

Apart from the brother connection, I don’t think BJ knew who was school #2 behind UT, there’s no such thing as 100, but I’d say he was 90th percentile Vol, is there guys on your board you like better?

It seems like your targets are set with Hardy, Thomas, etc (nice group btw) on DL but wasn’t sure about OLB group?

Believe this to be a case where we missed here. We absolutely need some difference makers at OLB/JACK in this class. In my opinion it was the biggest need in the class. Losing Darrel Taylor after the season and all we have behind him are unproven commodities.

Looks like we are in good shape with 5 Techs in this class with Baron, Hardy and Dom Bailey. Need another difference maker at DT.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yep, I don’t mind chasing some but if this kid just doesn’t want to be here. Let’s move on. If he lands anywhere but Tennessee or Georgia I think he never had intentions of being here except as a backup plan. Georgia you can understand he has family there and has been pretty up front about wanting an offer.

When’s he committing
next friday?

edit...yeah, next friday.
"I will be committing at Marietta Friday August 16 at 2:50pm ET," said Ojulari. "I am pretty sure I have made my mind up, but I will think about it and talk it over a little more to make sure. I feel I am ready though."

Yeah, I think Tank is today? I don’t understand why Bigsby would want to run behind the Auburn OL. Compare the OL in what UT brought in last year vs AU and what UT will keep bringing in, AU doesn’t attract high profile linemen.
We can't attract an elite RB right now for some reason. Thankfully we landed the instate guys in Gray and Tee, but we are struggling to gain traction with those big time guys at this position. Hopefully that will change when we start winning.

Reactions: secking
Yeah, I think Tank is today? I don’t understand why Bigsby would want to run behind the Auburn OL. Compare the OL in what UT brought in last year vs AU and what UT will keep bringing in, AU doesn’t attract high profile linemen.
yeah, i don't get too up in arms about RB though. that position has changes so much from what it used to be, that you can do it by committee and still be really good. i don't think it's an absolute must to have a Derrick Henry or Jamal Lewis. it's certainly a nice luxury tho........

but your logic is sound. it doesn't make much sense. kinda feel the same way about pass rushers for this class. i know we have several others we're looking at, but OLD/DE, with where our roster is going to be in the not so distant future, should have some elite type pass rushers looking at TN.

we've gotten upgrades at ILB, we have a good secondary, so there's some decent support there that should allow pass rushers some opportunties to do good things here.

not sure if it's the recruiter or what...but you're looking at Ansley and Pruitt and Sherrer and Rumph........hard to think you're not going to get put in a position to do well.

we really need to see some results this season.

*this is not a freak out post. just general observations on two positionis, one i think is waayy more important than the other.
:)

Reactions: secking
We can't attract an elite RB right now for some reason. Thankfully we landed the instate guys in Gray and Tee, but we are struggling to gain traction with those big time guys at this position. Hopefully that will change when we start winning.
Win and they will come. I thought Master Teague should have stayed home.

where'd he go again?
Ohio State, he only had 100 yards last year, think he would have played a bunch more for UT had he stayed home. With Fields there now, even less carries for the RBs, as he will eat up some of those carries. Will Chandler hit 1,000 this year? I’d vote yes.

I’m sure they’d like to see less than half of our runs stuffed behind the line lol.

Chandler will ball out this year with a better line and the RB recruits will notice.

Ohio State, he only had 100 yards last year, think he would have played a bunch more for UT had he stayed home. With Fields there now, even less carries for the RBs, as he will eat up some of those carries. Will Chandler hit 1,000 this year? I’d vote yes.
i think Chandler will definitley have the opportunity to hit 1000 combined/total yards. i don't know he gets it just on the ground. i know w'ere going to split carries.

but as a pass catcher, yeah, he could rack up another 4-500 yards thru the air, to go with whatever he gets on the ground.

i don't think he got enough touches last year.

this year, i think there will be a lot more emphasis on getting the ball out, and to they guys that can move with it.

and if htere is any good news there, it is that it certainly seems like we've got 4-5 guys that on any given play would be capable of making it a big play, be it moving the chains or as a red zone threat.

ball distribution shouldn't be a problem this season. i would expect to see more than a couple games where JG has comletioins to 6+ guys. Chandler, DWA, all 3 WR's, BAnks, Jordan....

offense could be a lot of fun to watch. fingers crossed.

Depends on the online. But I'm with ya he is gonna have a good year.

I’m sure they’d like to see less than half of our runs stuffed behind the line lol.

Chandler will ball out this year with a better line and the RB recruits will notice.
This.
We're lucky to have had in state talent. No way a kid from elsewhere sees our guys getting pummeled at the los and think
"Got to get me some of that".

Chaney will fix that.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
i think Chandler will definitley have the opportunity to hit 1000 combined/total yards. i don't know he gets it just on the ground. i know w'ere going to split carries.

but as a pass catcher, yeah, he could rack up another 4-500 yards thru the air, to go with whatever he gets on the ground.

i don't think he got enough touches last year.

this year, i think there will be a lot more emphasis on getting the ball out, and to they guys that can move with it.

and if htere is any good news there, it is that it certainly seems like we've got 4-5 guys that on any given play would be capable of making it a big play, be it moving the chains or as a red zone threat.

ball distribution shouldn't be a problem this season. i would expect to see more than a couple games where JG has comletioins to 6+ guys. Chandler, DWA, all 3 WR's, BAnks, Jordan....

offense could be a lot of fun to watch. fingers crossed.

Ty definitely needed more catches last year. He's built a little different than our other backs and I didn't really want him taking more hits on up the gut, runs though.

VN Store

Back