'20 GA WDE BJ Ojulari (LSU commit)

Was up late last night talking to some folks about this recruitment. Still not sure what to make of the Auburn momentum. Cannot tell if it is legit or not. I can tell you that I believe LSU is the bigger threat. Pitching the Arden Key role hard. Tennessee is very much in this race, they always have been. The visits, the teammates, guys like Caleb Cox and Derrick Tinsley being from Marietta and able to tell him what it is like is at Tennessee, are all heavily on his mind. I would not be surprised to see him pick Tennessee Friday. The other schools have been “quietly” in this because his recruitment has always been relatively quiet. This one will be fun to watch. It could go several different ways in the end.
You're so much better than 247 or VQ when it comes to actually giving info and answering questions without dancing around the question. Thank you.

Georgia been coming on strong the last couple of weeks and I believe that is the reason he has now decided to commit.IMO he has been waiting for the Georgia overtures and now that he has them it is Georgia all the way.

Reactions: quadlee21
Georgia been coming on strong the last couple of weeks and I believe that is the reason he has now decided to commit.IMO he has been waiting for the Georgia overtures and now that he has them it is Georgia all the way.
Georgia fans are saying they are not after him but I find the timing of this with the Cox dismissal too conspicuous to ignore.

Georgia fans are saying they are not after him but I find the timing of this with the Cox dismissal too conspicuous to ignore.
This is partly true IMO

I think another school is thinking exactly what you're thinking, that Georgia is gonna come after him hard because of Cox. Because of that they've told him to get in the boat now or take your chances. It obviously worked.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Was up late last night talking to some folks about this recruitment. Still not sure what to make of the Auburn momentum. Cannot tell if it is legit or not. I can tell you that I believe LSU is the bigger threat. Pitching the Arden Key role hard. Tennessee is very much in this race, they always have been. The visits, the teammates, guys like Caleb Cox and Derrick Tinsley being from Marietta and able to tell him what it is like is at Tennessee, are all heavily on his mind. I would not be surprised to see him pick Tennessee Friday. The other schools have been “quietly” in this because his recruitment has always been relatively quiet. This one will be fun to watch. It could go several different ways in the end.

Do you think he will be a guy who commits and shuts it down, or will he continue to take visits and listen to other schools?

Yep I think the dismissal of Cox now opens up a spot for him. I think Georgia called and said we will accept if you want to commit.

Do you think he will be a guy who commits and shuts it down, or will he continue to take visits and listen to other schools?
I don’t know that’s BJ has enjoyed the recruiting process tremendously. It is very stressful to a lot of guys. He is a low key guy that is very laid back and in turn hard to read. If he commits to Georgia on the 16th it will be shut down imo. For the simple reason that he has waited on that spot a while. If he commits elsewhere I could see him being open to Georgia being able to fight their way back in because of his brother. The atmosphere around Marietta this year is that they have to do something special. They are locked in on getting a state championship right now. So, if BJ chooses a school other than Georgia, I do not expect to see him bouncing all over the place taking visits during the season. After the season, I would not rule anything out with any recruit.

Not sure BJ is a very loyal kid and his family is the same way. I think if the staff falls apart at the other school then we have a great shot.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
tenor.gif

Better for us as a flip prospect. LSU is in on guys that are probably up their board. Ojulari could find himself looking for a less crowded situation. We'll see how their class shakes out.

feels a little like the Bogle recruitment, minus the social media trolling.....in the end, i don't see this happening for us.....

and yeah, i'm ok if that doesn't age well. hope it doesn't. think it will though.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Other than Georgia...I say "follow the visits". He has been here numerous times to include twice in April. Unless the coaches have cooled on him...I am going with Tennessee. Why AU or LSU? His HS QB is coming here so I still think we have a shot.

I don’t know that’s BJ has enjoyed the recruiting process tremendously. It is very stressful to a lot of guys. He is a low key guy that is very laid back and in turn hard to read. If he commits to Georgia on the 16th it will be shut down imo. For the simple reason that he has waited on that spot a while. If he commits elsewhere I could see him being open to Georgia being able to fight their way back in because of his brother. The atmosphere around Marietta this year is that they have to do something special. They are locked in on getting a state championship right now. So, if BJ chooses a school other than Georgia, I do not expect to see him bouncing all over the place taking visits during the season. After the season, I would not rule anything out with any recruit.
Well said. BJ said his mind is made up, then I know he heard from Lanning, and he said that his mind might change yesterday. UGA might change their board with Cox leaving, think they will keep him warm. Think he picks LSU/AU but I’m wondering what happened here with TN. 4 months ago UT had a Big lead here, did TN cool on him? Ron?

feels a little like the Bogle recruitment, minus the social media trolling.....in the end, i don't see this happening for us.....

and yeah, i'm ok if that doesn't age well. hope it doesn't. think it will though.
Apart from the brother connection, I don’t think BJ knew who was school #2 behind UT, there’s no such thing as 100, but I’d say he was 90th percentile Vol, is there guys on your board you like better?

It seems like your targets are set with Hardy, Thomas, etc (nice group btw) on DL but wasn’t sure about OLB group?

Apart from the brother connection, I don’t think BJ knew who was school #2 behind UT, there’s no such thing as 100, but I’d say he was 90th percentile Vol, is there guys on your board you like better?

It seems like your targets are set with Hardy, Thomas, etc (nice group btw) on DL but wasn’t sure about OLB group?
i think our board on OLB is pretty wide open, and i we have room for multiple kids. my understanding is that BJ is a definite take here. we need pass rushers, that's not a secret.

i've never gotten the impressin we led for BJ. it's always felt like he was holding out for a UGA offer, and in my mind, that he's decided to make his mind up now, after saying forever that he's going to wait, tells me that maybe just maybe UGA finally came thru with a comittable offer and he's ready to take it.

of course all the LSU/AU talk in here says otherwise, so i won't rule that out.

but if it's not UGA, i don't undestand how TN would not be a real factor. on that i agree with you. he's visited here a lot, and we have obvious connections to Marietta....and playing time to spare.

my view, until recently, was that if he never got the UGA offer, he'd come here.....so the longer it went, the better.

with the way he's kind of blown up a bit lately (he had a good camp circuit this summer, got some good attention) he may simply view LSU/AU as a better opportunity at this point? no clue. maybe their the new shiny toy, and the shine has worn off of us?

i went from thinking we had about 65% chance of landing him to basically zero, in the past couple/three weeks.

VN Store

Back