'19 GA S Aaron Beasley (Tennessee signee)

Brown to DE 🙏🏻. DWA, Bumphus, Lowe at TE, Lowe, Gilbert, Bumphus at TE the next year

This is going off topic but numbers wise there may be 8 TE's on the roster when you count the freshman. I think a couple of these guys will have to contribute somewhere else or they will be in the transfer portal. This is why Eli Wolf transferred. You don't recruit two freshmen with as many numbers on the team. Another case where the previous coach loaded up the team with guys you don't contribute much.

giphy.gif

Speaking of this guy. I was watching Paul F. yesterday afternoon and a caller ask Paul to name some coaches that Bama would go after when Saban retires. Paul first said that Kirby Smart could be a target but no way Kirby leaves UGA. He then said the first logical target would be CJP. :confused:

I much prefer to see guys cut weight then to increase weight to reach playing condition because of long-term health reasons. I'm an old fart so I tend to think in those terms.

Reactions: jwilliams
Speaking of this guy. I was watching Paul F. yesterday afternoon and a caller ask Paul to name some coaches that Bama would go after when Saban retires. Paul first said that Kirby Smart could be a target but no way Kirby leaves UGA. He then said the first logical target would be CJP. :confused:

I don’t know if he would be in the conversation right now...I think he has a lot more to prove before he gets to that point...but I am certain he will leave in a heartbeat for that job if it’s ever offered to him

I don’t know if he would be in the conversation right now...I think he has a lot more to prove before he gets to that point...but I am certain he will leave in a heartbeat for that job if it’s ever offered to him
Assuming he is successful enough here for the Gump's to want to steal him away what makes you think he'd be willing to leave a program that he had built from the ground-up himself to follow coach Saban. He would be loved here and he would have to follow up the most dominant head coach in NCAA football history there, they'd be calling for his head after his first 9 win season, despite the fact that it's his Alma-mater to me it just doesn't make sense to want to follow up after Saban, too much risk IMO.

Assuming he is successful enough here for the Gump's to want to steal him away what makes you think he'd be willing to leave a program that he had built from the ground-up himself to follow coach Saban. He would be loved here and he would have to follow up the most dominant head coach in NCAA football history there, they'd be calling for his head after his first 9 win season, despite the fact that it's his Alma-mater to me it just doesn't make sense to want to follow up after Saban, too much risk IMO.

From Alabama, played there, worked his way up through the ranks there, they’ll offer more money than us if they really want him...everything you’re saying is true...but I believe everything I listed will far outway that

From Alabama, played there, worked his way up through the ranks there, they’ll offer more money than us if they really want him...everything you’re saying is true...but I believe everything I listed will far outway that
Outweigh?..... and you could be right but to say it would far outweigh it is a bit of a stretch and money won't be the issue we've proven that with the way we're paying his staff, Chaney is making 1.5 and Ansley is making 1 mill so to think we won't pony up when the time for our head coach to get paid (assuming he earns that check on the field) is most likely incorrect, no he isn't making elite coach money yet but he hasn't had elite coach results... yet.

Reactions: igotworms
I much prefer to see guys cut weight then to increase weight to reach playing condition because of long-term health reasons. I'm an old fart so I tend to think in those terms.

No football player outside an out of shape lineman should ever cut weight.

Outweigh?..... and you could be right but to say it would far outweigh it is a bit of a stretch and money won't be the issue we've proven that with the way we're paying his staff, Chaney is making 1.5 and Ansley is making 1 mill so to think we won't pony up when the time for our head coach to get paid (assuming he earns that check on the field) is most likely incorrect, no he isn't making elite coach money yet but he hasn't had elite coach results... yet.

I agree with @BucVol98. Whoever brings Tennessee football back to national prominence is going to be a legend. It would be tough for a coach to leave that... not saying it wouldn't happen, but it would be tough.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
When in doubt, it's always best to ask the expert.

Pepe...would you rather guys cut weight or increase weight to reach playing condition?

I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: BigOrange15
Dabo has beaten his butt a couple of times lately. I know he is well set at Clemson, but I bet Bama would at least give him a courtesy call.

For long-term health, it is much preferable to cut weight then to add additional weight to reach playing condition. I'm an old fart so I tend to think in those terms.

Don't have a clue what his tendencies might be, but if he ever faces that decision it is worth noting that from where he grew up it is only ten miles and 15 minutes further to Knoxville than Tuscaloosa. I for sure understand that the alma mater can be a draw, but there are some classic examples where guys were happy at alternatives... of course the most notable is the Auburn/Georgia swap with Dooley and Dye. It will be whatever it will be but I am not going to loose sleep by making assumptions.

Reactions: 1955bamavol
Don't have a clue what his tendencies might be, but if he ever faces that decision it is worth noting that from where he grew up it is only ten miles and 15 minutes further to Knoxville than Tuscaloosa. I for sure understand that the alma mater can be a draw, but there are some classic examples where guys were happy at alternatives... of course the most notable is the Auburn/Georgia swap with Dooley and Dye. It will be whatever it will be but I am not going to loose sleep by making assumptions.
Dabo is a Bamer too. they would be crazy not to go after him hard. make him say no. if he says 20 mil for him and another 20 for his staff they should whip out the check book.

For long-term health, it is much preferable to cut weight then to add additional weight to reach playing condition.
For long-term health, it is much preferable to cut weight then to add additional weight to reach playing condition. I'm an old fart so I tend to think in those terms.
You can say that again.

Reactions: The Vol Abides

VN Store

Back