'19 GA S Aaron Beasley (Tennessee signee)

I read that tweet as he had been hurt. It said "getting back up there". I took that as getting his strength back up there. Like he has more to go to get back to what he was getting. Probably read too much into it tho. But I still dont think 35 lbs. Is far fetched doing cleans in 7 weeks at all.
You may be right, it looked like he had maybe 5-10 more pounds in the tank. Late teen/early twenties would be able to improve quicker, but jumping up that quickly would be a little insane. Roman Harrison outweighs him by 30+ pounds, puts up combine number as he is now and his squat clean is 355, by comparison.

You may be right, it looked like he had maybe 5-10 more pounds in the tank. Late teen/early twenties would be able to improve quicker, but jumping up that quickly would be a little insane. Roman Harrison outweighs him by 30+ pounds, puts up combine number as he is now and his squat clean is 355, by comparison.

I'm not sure he outweighs him by that much.
Beasley is easily 215. Roman is relatively lean and probably no more than 235

Reactions: shadedvolorange
That’s fair. I’m going off of my experience, but my experience is not eating near enough, having extremely slow twitch muscles, and only adding an extra 5-10 pounds on a max lift a year (just doing CrossFit though, which makes it harder to keep strength and size). If this dude added that much and at his weight, then Eric Crosby (shown in that video last winter squatting 535) needs to take notes.

Reactions: LittleVol
That’s fair. I’m going off of my experience, but my experience is not eating near enough, having extremely slow twitch muscles, and only adding an extra 5-10 pounds on a max lift a year (just doing CrossFit though, which makes it harder to keep strength and size). If this dude added that much and at his weight, then Eric Crosby (shown in that video last winter squatting 535) needs to take notes.
If Crosby has bought in, he is probably past 600 by now. He was strong coming out of HS. Remember reading he was very good at Olympic style lifts. Then got butched with no S&C. I gotta say I was high on him at first, then seen that nasty pic of him all sloppy looking. Hope to hear his name some this year, either in practice reports or games. If not then next year for sure.

Reactions: swchandler1988
If Crosby has bought in, he is probably past 600 by now. He was strong coming out of HS. Remember reading he was very good at Olympic style lifts. Then got butched with no S&C. I gotta say I was high on him at first, then seen that nasty pic of him all sloppy looking. Hope to hear his name some this year, either in practice reports or games. If not then next year for sure.
Honestly I forgot he was on the team.

Reactions: Butch Dooley
That Defense we had with Omar Gaither, Kevin Simon, and Burnett was nasty!!! The offense was horrible that year though. Think we started the year #2 in the country that year too.

Reactions: LittleVol
On the one hand, I could see Beasley RSing and being an LB next year. On the other, I could see him being a special teams terror each week.

I fully expect him to gain 15-20lbs and be an ILB next year...

Loaded at DB...thin at ILB...this dudes right on the verge of ILB size...it makes a lot of sense to me

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Yet another questionable bump but that complaint aside I love watching this kid’s tape it’s friggin violent. Could end up at RB too but like others have mentioned I see him at linebacker eventually. He fits the run better than any DB film I’ve ever seen. Maybe Todd Kelly’s was close he pre injury could smack a RB

Seeing him in civies he looks like Ignot-sized with his frame at best. I just think Pruitt is gonna keep PB&Jing these DBs into LBs. I think he wants them at Crouch and To’oto’o size so they can move around from inside to outside as needed.

Not that I’m saying Beasley won’t move around. He’s the one guy (besides Harris really) that was more about size and intimidation right off the bat. And right now he’s the only one I would fear was gonna knock my head off other than Warrior.

Yet another questionable bump but that complaint aside I love watching this kid’s tape it’s friggin violent. Could end up at RB too but like others have mentioned I see him at linebacker eventually. He fits the run better than any DB film I’ve ever seen. Maybe Todd Kelly’s was close he pre injury could smack a RB

Yeah, his athleticism didn't jump out of the frame when I watched his hudl, but his hits certainly did. I could see him bulking up and being a LB/S hybrid type guy.

VN Store

Back