'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

One poster was right in saying that it's a long time to Signing Day is correct. Part of this is the timing coming on the heels of Simpson's commit on Friday. In an universe where Tennessee football can be competent, if they miss on Simpson on Friday, then Horn is committing to UT today.

Of course, Pruitt has done UT no favors. It really is a 5 year rebuild at this point, isn't it?

I didn't truly realize how deep a hole coach cornpone had dug for us....the good news is we know it has to hit bottom when it reaches China.....I hope we bottom-out before then!!
Heupel will have to work with duck tape and bailing wire. He’s will have 4 quality QBs on campus, much higher rated than anything he had at UCF. It’s not as if Horn would be starting in 22. Plenty of time to develop this QB room and recruit.

This is a kid who sent to bed every night pissed AF at the lack of attention paid to him by the previous staff. Tonight he got his revenge. Promise you that he read this board and saw the comments about “moving on to Horn” after Simpson picked Bama.
So you’re blaming the fans as the reason he split. It’s ridiculous a school in our position wouldn’t recruits BOTH QBs and say the spot goes to the first one to pull the trigger. So that’s on Pruitt/Chaney/Weinke. Maybe Ty’s dad was going to join the staff after all.

If Horn was a VFL like he claimed, he would come here regardless of what the previous staff did. Heupel and company have motivation to beat the piss out of Mizz to tell him what he’s missing.

I want 70 guys that bleed orange, not 85 guys that cry when they don’t get their way.

Reactions: LakesiteVol
Don't think tsanctions has anything to do with it. Contrary to what of our numerous know all fans on here say, nobody has a clue what the NCAA will do. I'm betting it's not near as bad as some claim.
Truth doesn’t matter much in negative recruiting. We are going to get punished by the NCAA. That is all that opposing schools need to paint grim pictures.

I don't see it as the sky is falling. We have Bailey who's a freshman, Salter who's a freshman, Mauer who's a sophomore, and Hooker who is a junior. We don't have to hit a homerun in the QB department to be successful right away. CJH can get is offense installed and show what we can do w/ guys already in the building and once the football world sees it, we'll be in a better place to recruit. At this point we can take a project at QB and be fine.

Dang guess he was offended but it wasn’t this staff. Is mizzu good at baseball? Is he a baseball draft possibility? Hope ATL is over the moon somewhere still..... still not end of the world but sucks to miss on two guys that were layups once upon a time before we handed ncaa a mess to avoid a buyout

I know it's not totally fair to JH but this is an awful look for UT losing out on Simpson and Horn in addition to the barrage of 3 star offers
Mentally prepare yourself now for this class to be 80% 3 stars. The NCAA cloud hanging over our head is going to scare top talent off this year

Last edited:
We are really in a position where we need to shock the world this Fall with a completely unexpected run of successes. It’s where we are and this staff needs to go all in to get us to 7-5 / 8-4
With our schedule, that isn’t going to move needle much. Probably take 10-2 with a win over UGA or UF to turn heads.

VN Store

Back