'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I’ll be that guy. I don’t think Bailey is all that. Let me make this clear: I want him to be the second coming of Peyton Manning and then some.

But I don’t know what y’all are talking about with him going through reads and progressions. He knows absolutely who he’s throwing to before every snap, and it’s almost always to the guy that’s a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than the ones covering him. He has protection from offensive line with two Power-5 commits. Receivers are going to LSU, Michigan State, and Boston College. Running back going to Colorado State. They are absolutely stacked. Of course they’re going to put up cartoon numbers. When pressured even a little bit, his accuracy drops dramatically, but again, he’s bailed out by Gilbert and company. When the playing field is leveled, and everybody has 3, 4, 5 stars, I wonder how his decision making and accuracy will be. I hope he’s the man and wins us several national championships. But those of y’all calling for him to start from day 1 are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment, as it looks like he could really use a redshirt year before he takes the field and leads us back to the promised land.
tenor.gif

I’ll be that guy. I don’t think Bailey is all that. Let me make this clear: I want him to be the second coming of Peyton Manning and then some.

But I don’t know what y’all are talking about with him going through reads and progressions. He knows absolutely who he’s throwing to before every snap, and it’s almost always to the guy that’s a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than the ones covering him. He has protection from offensive line with two Power-5 commits. Receivers are going to LSU, Michigan State, and Boston College. Running back going to Colorado State. They are absolutely stacked. Of course they’re going to put up cartoon numbers. When pressured even a little bit, his accuracy drops dramatically, but again, he’s bailed out by Gilbert and company. When the playing field is leveled, and everybody has 3, 4, 5 stars, I wonder how his decision making and accuracy will be. I hope he’s the man and wins us several national championships. But those of y’all calling for him to start from day 1 are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment, as it looks like he could really use a redshirt year before he takes the field and leads us back to the promised land.
Who the hell gave this guy, or girl, over 3,000 'likes'? I can only imagine what his/her other takes are.

"When pressured, accuracy drops dramatically"...the kid was like 24 of 28 tonight!!! What the hell are you even talking about?!?!?

GTFOH!

I don't think you have watched many games of him. He is also playing in Georgia 7a classification.
Not everyone in 7A is elite either though. I think he's bringing some realistic expectations to a thread where everyone thinks he's the second coming of Manning or Brady. Of course, I've been called a troll for pumping the brakes on unrealistic expectations, so I'm gonna hear it again from the sunshine pumpers. Seen this song and dance too many times to get my hopes up until the talent field is leveled.

Not everyone in 7A is elite either though. I think he's bringing some realistic expectations to a thread where everyone thinks he's the second coming of Manning or Brady. Of course, I've been called a troll for pumping the brakes on unrealistic expectations, so I'm gonna hear it again from the sunshine pumpers. Seen this song and dance too many times to get my hopes up until the talent field is leveled.
Don‘t imagine you’ll hang around long enough to see the second set.

Last edited:
I’m definitely a big fan of HB, but I agree on pumping the breaks expectations wise. A lot of very talented HS QBs have had trouble at the next level for some reason or another. I love HB’s potential and he has a good chance of competing for the starting job next year, but I can already see the backlash from some on here if he’s not able to start next year or if he does get into a game and doesn’t go 20/20 400yds 3TDs like they’ve already dreamt he would.

All that being said, the guy’s earlier take on HB sounds like some junk that guy made up without watching HB much just so he could play devil’s advocate because his evaluations were mostly incorrect.

The kid had like 3 incompletions tonight, and often times completed passes against decent pressure. I don’t know what game you all watched, but I saw a damn good QB carve up a damn good team. Those studs on his team can’t score unless he gets them the ball, and he didn’t miss many targets tonight.

They played Parkview who has 8-10 kids that will sign D1 schollies on their Roster between now and '22.
Marietta barely lost to Grayson early in the year who also had a similar amount of D1 talent. They will play a Lowndes team that beat Parkview by 4 TDs early this year.
Marietta has 2 losses this year, with all that talent. I beg to differ, not that Bailey is an automatic star in college, but that they have played against as much talent as any other team in the country...

They played Parkview who has 8-10 kids that will sign D1 schollies on their Roster between now and '22.
Marietta barely lost to Grayson early in the year who also had a similar amount of D1 talent. They will play a Lowndes team that beat Parkview by 4 TDs early this year.
Marietta has 2 losses this year, with all that talent. I beg to differ, not that Bailey is an automatic star in college, but that they have played against as much talent as any other team in the country...
They also beat 7A Edgewater out of FL who’s 13-1 and about to play in the state championship VS St. Thomas Aquinas. Not exactly a slouch team...

Imagine how good he is going to be when he is playing with all Tennessee players.

Who has said he's the 2nd coming of Peyton??

PM was the #1 overall recruit his year. Haven't seen anyone saying he's the best player in the class or PM in any way. He's a dang good recruit up there with JG, Crompton, Ainge, Bray, Clausen, etc in ranking and something in that range of production is what many are reasonably hoping for, maybe even a bit better. But I don't see anyone spouting unreasonable PM comparisons anywhere.

He has ONE P5 OL blocking for him. Ojulari is going to try placeholding for kicks at the next level. 😉

EVERYONE thinks he’s the second coming of those guys or whatever you said and NO ONE takes time away from their criminal pumping of sunshine to ask how YOU feel about it...very disappointed in my fellow human beings right now. Ain’t gonna lie. 😔
1575703283478.gif

His OL has been God awful his whole high school career until this season and still not top notch. Only one thats worth a college scholarship as an OL, and his stock dropped drastically from what it was his junior year. Not tryna berate any of those kids, just stating that he isn't playing behind a top notch high school line. He is surrounded by impressive skill position players as he will be in college. But, to talk like there are lots of kids that could put up the same stats in that offense is crazy talk. Not anointing him, but also stating that we are getting one of the best QB's in the country this cycle. Top 5 good.

His OL has been God awful his whole high school career until this season and still not top notch. Only one thats worth a college scholarship as an OL, and his stock dropped drastically from what it was his junior year. Not tryna berate any of those kids, just stating that he isn't playing behind a top notch high school line. He is surrounded by impressive skill position players as he will be in college. But, to talk like there are lots of kids that could put up the same stats in that offense is crazy talk. Not anointing him, but also stating that we are getting one of the best QB's in the country this cycle. Top 5 good.
Interesting human dynamic that thinks just because the targets are elite, that the ball throws itself. How many receivers stats suffer when their quarterback can’t get them the ball. Not only does the ball get there for Gilbert, he has running opportunities because he’s hit perfectly in stride. Hasn’t hurt the running back’s receiving production.

I think chef3531 is going to lose this argument. If JG stays, I don't think Bailey starts next year, but I do think he could beat out the other QB's on the roster.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I guess I should say I'm sorry for getting too excited about our QB recruit throwing 5 TDs and catching 1 in the state semifinals in GA against a good team with a lot of college talent. I pumped too much sunshine when I should have been clear that just because he has so much potential that does not mean he is senior PM as a freshman. If I have caused anyone to have unrealistic expectations and think it is possible that something good may happen for our team, I am genuinely sorry.

I guess I should say I'm sorry for getting too excited about our QB recruit throwing 5 TDs and catching 1 in the state semifinals in GA against a good team with a lot of college talent. I pumped too much sunshine when I should have been clear that just because he has so much potential that does not mean he is senior PM as a freshman. If I have caused anyone to have unrealistic expectations and think it is possible that something good may happen for our team, I am genuinely sorry.
Hey, these are exciting times for us Vol fans. Pump all the sunshine you want.

They play Lowndes County (Valdosta / Ga-Fla line) in finals. Tough team, beat Grayson last week on a last second goal line stand...
That is going to be a tough game..his stat line will not be gaudy, and a ton of fools will show up in here talking shizz pissin and moanin about being overrated...

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back