'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I’ll be that guy. I don’t think Bailey is all that. Let me make this clear: I want him to be the second coming of Peyton Manning and then some.

But I don’t know what y’all are talking about with him going through reads and progressions. He knows absolutely who he’s throwing to before every snap, and it’s almost always to the guy that’s a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than the ones covering him. He has protection from offensive line with two Power-5 commits. Receivers are going to LSU, Michigan State, and Boston College. Running back going to Colorado State. They are absolutely stacked. Of course they’re going to put up cartoon numbers. When pressured even a little bit, his accuracy drops dramatically, but again, he’s bailed out by Gilbert and company. When the playing field is leveled, and everybody has 3, 4, 5 stars, I wonder how his decision making and accuracy will be. I hope he’s the man and wins us several national championships. But those of y’all calling for him to start from day 1 are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment, as it looks like he could really use a redshirt year before he takes the field and leads us back to the promised land.

SMH.

Reactions: Smokeytom
I’ll be that guy. I don’t think Bailey is all that. Let me make this clear: I want him to be the second coming of Peyton Manning and then some.

But I don’t know what y’all are talking about with him going through reads and progressions. He knows absolutely who he’s throwing to before every snap, and it’s almost always to the guy that’s a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than the ones covering him. He has protection from offensive line with two Power-5 commits. Receivers are going to LSU, Michigan State, and Boston College. Running back going to Colorado State. They are absolutely stacked. Of course they’re going to put up cartoon numbers. When pressured even a little bit, his accuracy drops dramatically, but again, he’s bailed out by Gilbert and company. When the playing field is leveled, and everybody has 3, 4, 5 stars, I wonder how his decision making and accuracy will be. I hope he’s the man and wins us several national championships. But those of y’all calling for him to start from day 1 are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment, as it looks like he could really use a redshirt year before he takes the field and leads us back to the promised land.
You might need to Google the history books of Ga high school football. When you see the 3 guys ahead of him please get back with me and let me know how they did? Why would anyone not be excited about this kid and why would anyone want to be that guy?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bailey is better than Maurer, JG, & Shrout.

Although JG has played much better here recently, he’ll start over Bailey due to having more experience.
Might have more arm talent but he needs to mature mentally in the game and learn to read defenses. Redshirt would be good and Chaney will be great for him.

Reactions: Coach_Z
Might have more arm talent but he needs to mature mentally in the game and learn to read defenses. Redshirt would be good and Chaney will be great for him.
Two of his best attributes are reading defenses and his mental game according to his coaches. I don't think he'll struggle any at all in that department.

Two of his best attributes are reading defenses and his mental game according to his coaches. I don't think he'll struggle any at all in that department.
He will still be a college freshman. Different when you are throwing to the best athlete on the field. True passing QBs need a year to learn the O and how to run an O. He is good but will be a freshman and is not a dual threat.

A year will be great for him. If he comes in and wins the job then cool.

We have relied on freshmen for so long that we forget the vast majority of freshmen do not come in and start and should not if you have a good football team.

Not a knock on Bailey, I am excited about his upside.

He will still be a college freshman. Different when you are throwing to the best athlete on the field. True passing QBs need a year to learn the O and how to run an O. He is good but will be a freshman and is not a dual threat.

A year will be great for him. If he comes in and wins the job then cool.
Fromm and Lawrence didn't need a year and those are the 2 he most resembles in terms of what type QB he is.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Doesn’t mean he’s not.
Again, read post above. If he wins the job, that’s cool. He will still be a true freshmen in the SEC with a less experienced core of receivers.

I want to to see us groom players into their full potential, not throw them in the mix before fully ready. That’s where we need to be as a program.

Again, read post above. If he wins the job, that’s cool. He will still be a true freshmen in the SEC with a less experienced core of receivers.

I want to to see us groom players into their full potential, not throw them in the mix before fully ready. That’s where we need to be as a program.
I read it but think if the kid wins the job, then so be it. More and more true freshmen start every year than ever before.

Bailey isn't starting next year, JMO. I don't think Pruitt nor Chaney want to throw a true freshmen into the fire, which is why they were so hesitant to play Maurer. If JG continues to improve, he is your starting QB.

if you want to win, you play the best players, it should not matter if they are seniors or freshmen.

VN Store

Back