'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Marietta hasn't always been so loaded. When Coach Morgan got here, he took over what was a pretty dead program. That first year there were like 19 FR and SO starters and I think like 14 of them were FR. Bailey started as a 14 year old and had no Gilbert or White or Kimani Vidal, he had a super skinny SO Ramel Keyton and FR Taji Johnson. We only went 3-7, but you could see he was going to be great. He still put up great numbers going 208 of 363 for 2812 yards and 21 tds, 7 ints. He was getting battered playing behind a bunch of 14 and 15 year old linemen playing against all these D1 kids Marietta plays against every week, just in their region alone.

They also played St. Joseph Prep (Philadelphia Pa) (11-2) and beat them. They are also playing for a State Championship today. HB has performed very well against some top teams this year.
St. Joseph's only other loss was to IMG.
Mark of a great quarterback is to lead his team to a championship. HB is going to be a good one. He made a 20 yard out throw last night that I've only seen a handful of qbs make and none were in high school.

I’ll be that guy. I don’t think Bailey is all that. Let me make this clear: I want him to be the second coming of Peyton Manning and then some.

But I don’t know what y’all are talking about with him going through reads and progressions. He knows absolutely who he’s throwing to before every snap, and it’s almost always to the guy that’s a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than the ones covering him. He has protection from offensive line with two Power-5 commits. Receivers are going to LSU, Michigan State, and Boston College. Running back going to Colorado State. They are absolutely stacked. Of course they’re going to put up cartoon numbers. When pressured even a little bit, his accuracy drops dramatically, but again, he’s bailed out by Gilbert and company. When the playing field is leveled, and everybody has 3, 4, 5 stars, I wonder how his decision making and accuracy will be. I hope he’s the man and wins us several national championships. But those of y’all calling for him to start from day 1 are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment, as it looks like he could really use a redshirt year before he takes the field and leads us back to the promised land.
Really? I’m sorry but this is a DA take. The kid’s Oline isn’t that fantastic and he’s close to the top as far as Georgia records in hard competition. Are you seriously going to fault him for throwing to Gilbert? Why in the hell wouldn’t he throw to a talent like that?

Really? I’m sorry but this is a DA take. The kid’s Oline isn’t that fantastic and he’s close to the top as far as Georgia records in hard competition. Are you seriously going to fault him for throwing to Gilbert? Why in the hell wouldn’t he throw to a talent like that?
And Gilbert has definitely had his share of drops and mistakes as well but the “recruiting analysts” overlook it lol

VN Store

Back