‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

So in other words he has the potential to be the next great Tennessee LB

Our defense plays so many snaps that we need this many guys.
I think we'll have at least a few
"Tennessee's Next Great LBs" on our roster now.

Can't wait to see how it sorts out.
I think the kid from Kentucky ends up in the transfer portal tho. And not because he's not good. I don't see him getting PT over
E Herring
A Carter
J Smith
Telander
These 4 will eat up the snaps 2024 and beyond. They'll also play a lot this year too.

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
Our defense plays so many snaps that we need this many guys.
I think we'll have at least a few
"Tennessee's Next Great LBs" on our roster now.

Can't wait to see how it sorts out.
I think the kid from Kentucky ends up in the transfer portal tho. And not because he's not good. I don't see him getting PT over
E Herring
A Carter
J Smith
Telander
These 4 will eat up the snaps 2024 and beyond. They'll also play a lot this year too.
Kalib Perry might wait out the ACTUAL COMPETITION first and see how the pecking order plays out. Real player thing. 😏

Kid has great instincts and think he’ll fill out to about 235/240lb range. The thing about this kid is his motor. You can’t teach that. He never stops. EVER.

I agree. Think this guy has a huge ceiling with proper coaching. I get why he is rated lowly at this point in time but you can see the potential

Kid has great instincts and think he’ll fill out to about 235/240lb range. The thing about this kid is his motor. You can’t teach that. He never stops. EVER.

247 posted a pic of him at practice, he looks jacked already. I’d bet he plays early and often.

247 posted a pic of him at practice, he looks jacked already. I’d bet he plays early and often.
Maybe. But fortunately for the first time in a while we have a decent amount of young talent at ILB along with some experienced veterans.

Telander has a bright future here IMO, but he’ll have to earn snaps over Perry, Herring, Beasley, and Mitchell to see the field this year.

Would love to see him playing on special teams but unless he’s a day 1 superstar (rare as a freshman SEC LBer) it’s a better sign for us if he’s not seeing significant snaps in competitive games.

Reactions: bigvol67
Staff said that he is our most athletic linebacker…. Will be interesting to see if they can teach him the position.
Wouldn't mind seeing him move to TE
He was pretty damn good there. Played more safety than LB in HS.

I like Perry, but he ain't like what we just brought in!!

Happens every year. Recruited over!!
Make the move to TE IMO JS

Wouldn't mind seeing him move to TE
He was pretty damn good there. Played more safety than LB in HS.

I like Perry, but he ain't like what we just brought in!!

Happens every year. Recruited over!!
Make the move to TE IMO JS
No rest until you've switched every player to a different position. :rolleyes:

Is there a chance that Telander and Arion Carter could start next year? Telander is way better in space that I would have thought. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that if Juwan Mitchell leaves that it would be Elijah Herring, Kaleb Perry, Arion Carter and Telander competing for 2 spots, unless the Vols get someone from the portal.

Is there a chance that Telander and Arion Carter could start next year? Telander is way better in space that I would have thought. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that if Juwan Mitchell leaves that it would be Elijah Herring, Kaleb Perry, Arion Carter and Telander competing for 2 spots, unless the Vols get someone from the portal.
Beasley will be a starter

I liked Bates, Bryant and the Weathered class, but look how that turned out....sadly :/

I think after that our class was Kirkland, Sapp, and Austin Smith, which again, is another good class, but again, look at how those guys turned out lmaoo

But to your post, I agree and that's because we have coaching now.
Kirkland would’ve been much better just injured a lot if I remember correctly.

Yep, forgot about him. I guess 1 spot open. Beasley seems to be a very solid tackler in run support, but below average in coverage.
Beasley is a good “effort” guy. We need better skilled guys on the field. I will say he’s was the one guy on defense during the Carolina game that tried his ass off to win that game.

VN Store

Back