‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

My favorite Vol,other than Bobby Majors...QUOTE="onevol74, post: 22192626, member: 16645"]He was fast enough to make 13 tackles in his last game in the GA playoffs. The kid is a tackling machine and disrupts offenses. Reminds me of a 2 star no one wanted, named Dale Jones.
[/QUOTE]
Please give me another Dale Jones!!!

He looks plenty fast to me.
He'll get faster.

That's literally his only "Weakness " if you want to call it that. But like some have already alluded too, his play recognition gives him a step.

The speed can help recover if he read it wrong.

He's a solid solid take. Could see him being a team captain one day

He'll get faster.

That's literally his only "Weakness " if you want to call it that. But like some have already alluded too, his play recognition gives him a step.

The speed can help recover if he read it wrong.

He's a solid solid take. Could see him being a team captain one day
If we get Carter, this could allow us to run some actual 4-3 looks. This whole defensive class screams multiple looks. I think they want to be exotic with the defense, but don't have the pieces on the roster.

If we get Carter, this could allow us to run some actual 4-3 looks. This whole defensive class screams multiple looks. I think they want to be exotic with the defense, but don't have the pieces on the roster.
They've been very exotic in the front 7.

It's the back end that is static and lives and dies (more dying) off of zone.

To your point tho, yeah! Absolutely.

Guys like Slaughter can play man coverage on a WR and play in the box or cover deep.
Telander can be a tru MLB with Smith and Carter blitz. We finally have guys that can play man in Gibson and Matthews.

Just my opinion, these freshman are going to make a huge impact.

They've been very exotic in the front 7.

It's the back end that is static and lives and dies (more dying) off of zone.

To your point tho, yeah! Absolutely.

Guys like Slaughter can play man coverage on a WR and play in the box or cover deep.
Telander can be a tru MLB with Smith and Carter blitz. We finally have guys that can play man in Gibson and Matthews.

Just my opinion, these freshman are going to make a huge impact.
Of course the freshman are going to make a huge impact. They are better athletes than what is currently playing for us ha ha.

With Tealander being a EE. I expect to see him early and often next year.

Telander's senior-year stats: 112 tackles, 25 TFL, 14 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 1 INT.

"I left my heart on the field," said Telander, who spent his first three years of high school at North Hall. "This whole season was amazing. Even though we didn't win it, I couldn't have imagined it would have been this special."

...Gainesville's standout linebacker said he learned to handle many different responsibilities on the field, whether it be pass coverage, blitzing, stopping the run or containing the middle of the field, just like he'll need to do in order to get on the field at Tennessee.

And every week, Telander had a major impact on the outcome, especially making the opposing quarterback uncomfortable in the backfield. The Region 7-3A Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore and junior for the Trojans, Telander in 2022 pressured some of the state's best quarterbacks, such as Houston County's Antwaan Hill Jr. and Hughes' Prentiss Noland, both major Division-I prospects.

Telander made the move to Gainesville in hopes of getting to fine tune his craft against elite talent. In the process, Telander made his mark as one of the school's best ever to play in the middle of the defense.
'Left it all on the field': After stellar senior season at Gainesville, linebacker Jeremiah Telander ready to start his career at Tennessee

Last edited:
I mean this in the sense of understanding the rationale and "process" rather than "hate" for UT...

If this kid were committed to Bama, Clemson, OSU, or UGA he'd be a 4* or maybe even 5*. He has size and speed. He has good instincts and production. He has a very good motor.

VN Store

Back