‘23 GA LB Jeremiah Telander (Tennessee commit)

Yep, forgot about him. I guess 1 spot open. Beasley seems to be a very solid tackler in run support, but below average in coverage.
Beasley put in some Hyatt type work in the offseason according to someone I know that is very close to him and his family. I think it really showed up in his play. You're right about him needing to improve in coverage, but it wouldn't surprise me if another offseason of hard work turned him into one of our best players on defense.

Beasley is a good “effort” guy. We need better skilled guys on the field. I will say he’s was the one guy on defense during the Carolina game that tried his ass off to win that game.
Beasley improved a ton from last season. He was always in the backfield it seemed like this past season. Not bad for a former safety.

Beasley put in some Hyatt type work in the offseason according to someone I know that is very close to him and his family. I think it really showed up in his play. You're right about him needing to improve in coverage, but it wouldn't surprise me if another offseason of hard work turned him into one of our best players on defense.
Beasley and our LBs were somewhat responsible for our defensive breakdowns against USC. But, our lack of a pass rush and inability to cover in the secondary were the biggest problems.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I really thought he was a tough player but not quick fast enough to be an impact at our level. That game made me a believer. Prove me wrong again young man, glad to have you.
I did the same thing to poor old Eric Westmorland. I doubted him his whole career and he proved me wrong. Let’s hope that this kid does you too. 😀

man it’s been 15 years since I’ve been in that gym. Just gave me flashbacks. Hope he’s an all timer at UT. Awesome to have a north hall kid play for the good guys
Flowery Branch guy.
Hated to see him transfer to Gainesville, but it worked out well for him.

This guy and Jalen Smith are vastly underrated
Didn’t he return punts and kicks at his previous school? Seeing a LB do that tells me all I need to know about his athleticism. I know JJ Peterson did too, but I don’t think he ever actually existed and someone else was playing in his uniform. Maybe it was Eddrick Lofton

VN Store

Back