'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

Then why is Pruitt wasting time on these guys?

Just go get a bunch more three stars and lose by 27 to KY again.

You: Pruitt is only recruiting 3*. We’ll never be good again if he doesn’t recruit higher rated players. Enjoy mediocrity you clowns

Also you: Why does Pruitt even recruit higher rated players??? We should be landing all of them bc I live in 1998 but we aren’t so why is Pruitt even wasting time

So, Pruitt is damned if he do and damned if he don’t.

That sum up your stance?

You: Pruitt is only recruiting 3*. We’ll never be good again if he doesn’t recruit higher rated players. Enjoy mediocrity you clowns

Also you: Why does Pruitt even recruit higher rated players??? We should be landing all of them bc I live in 1998 but we aren’t so why is Pruitt even wasting time

That sum up your stance?
Pruitt has gotten some he shouldnt have. Were in play with the biggest players. We gotta win.

That sum up your stance?

I would argue the problem isn't Pruitt.

The problem is Kirby/Saban. They need to be put on sanctions or we need to be willing to go where they do with recruiting. When they first started they were signing #1 classes without much to sell in the way of success. It is possible, but the playing field isn't level and won't be until something changes.

I would argue the problem isn't Pruitt.

The problem is Kirby/Saban. They need to be put on sanctions or we need to be willing to go where they do with recruiting. When they first started they were signing #1 classes without much to sell in the way of success. It is possible, but the playing field isn't level and won't be until something changes.
You only get to sell vision for a year or maybe 2. Both Saban and Smart won big in year 2. Both may have won the SEC although I think Saban lost to UF in his second year before winning it and the natty his 3rd. Also, Saban already had a national title and recruited half of les miles national title team. So, they both had a good bit to sell.

I don't get why you people get your hopes up on elite talent. Elite talent wants to compete at elite levels. We aren't it. How realistic did you really think it was to get him? And why act like a 12 year old who didn't get an x box for Christmas.

We aren't going to get elite talent, we have to develop it.

Reactions: VolByLaw and Bigun
You only get to sell vision for a year or maybe 2. Both Saban and Smart won big in year 2. Both may have won the SEC although I think Saban lost to UF in his second year before winning it and the natty his 3rd. Also, Saban already had a national title and recruited half of les miles national title team. So, they both had a good bit to sell.

There was very little Kirby had as a first year HC to sell that Pruitt didn't.

I still think the background and behind the scenes stuff is where the real separation is. Minus his NC at LSU Saban was pretty pedestrian as a HC. He was good, no doubt, but in no universe does he replicate what he has done at Bama anywhere else. Maybe a place like OSU or Texas...but it is doubtful.

Well ol’ Rusty did say he’d lean 51/49 UT a couple days ago. Maybe our secondary's performance turned him off. The guy was here this weekend so for Anna to put her CB in today, something likely changed over the weekend.
I don't have any connections, but part of me wonders if there aren't some issues within the team right now. It would explain some things we see on the field and in social media. It could also explain why a recruit who was reported "on the fence" isn't any longer.

I still think the background and behind the scenes stuff is where the real separation is. Minus his NC at LSU Saban was pretty pedestrian as a HC. He was good, no doubt, but in no universe does he replicate what he has done at Bama anywhere else. Maybe a place like OSU or Texas...but it is doubtful.
again, you get to sell a vision for the first year! In year 2 you must deliver, both coaches saw a huge uptick in on field results in year 2, those upticks were visible early in the season. I believe because of the nature of the rebuild Pruitt actually gets 2 years of selling a vision and the results needed to show this year. The back half of the schedule will be big for keeping this class together and also, actually getting 22 kids to keep taking calls.

I don't get why you people get your hopes up on elite talent. Elite talent wants to compete at elite levels. We aren't it. How realistic did you really think it was to get him? And why act like a 12 year old who didn't get an x box for Christmas.

We aren't going to get elite talent, we have to develop it.
As much as I don't like him, Butch Jones had some elite talent but didn't use it. Go look at the 2016 roster

giphy.gif

2012 UGA 12-2, 5th in AP, Lost SEC title game
2013 UGA 8-5, but still beat top 10 USCe and LSU
2014 UGA 10-3, 9th in AP
2015 UGA 10-3, 16th in AP
2016...Kirby smart's first year, takes over a program that won 40 games in the past 4 years, with 3 top 20 finishes, 2 top 10 finishes and 1 SEC E c'ship....

2014 UT 7-6
2015 UT 9-4, 22nd in AP
2016 UT 9-4 22nd in AP
2017 UT 4-8
2018 Pruitt's first year, takes over a program that won 29 games in the past 4 y ears with 2 top 25 finishes.
(not to mention the context of that 2017 season and the absolute debacle it's end, and coaching search wound up being, or that the entire University's adminstration was in a state of transition...from president down to AD)

but pruit and smart were selling the same things....
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2014 UGA 10-3, 9th in AP
2016...Kirby smart's first year, takes over a program that won 40 games in the past 4 years, with 3 top 20 finishes, 2 top 10 finishes and 1 SEC E c'ship....

2014 UT 7-6
2015 UT 9-4, 22nd in AP
2016 UT 9-4 22nd in AP
2017 UT 4-8
2018 Pruitt's first year, takes over a program that won 29 games in the past 4 y ears with 2 top 25 finishes.
(not to mention the context of that 2017 season and the absolute debacle it's end, and coaching search wound up being, or that the entire University's adminstration was in a state of transition...from president down to AD)

giphy.gif
I'll just point out that that search led us to Pruitt who many questioned if he was ready or prepared for a job of this profile. But we didn't have many choices left, all candidates at that time were flawed or completely unproven.

Reactions: CamSnod1997
giphy.gif

2014 UGA 10-3, 9th in AP

2014 UT 7-6
2015 UT 9-4, 22nd in AP
2016 UT 9-4 22nd in AP
2017 UT 4-8

giphy.gif
9CCEA066-2552-4129-AE4C-DE0A777C7388.gif

I still think it’s kinda early to put a CB here. Tmk he isn’t committing probably for another month or so.

Another thing.. this is the same woman that put in the Ty CB for Clemson just because of one game. That’s another one that’s far from over.
Wiltfong said it could come as soon as Halloween, I thought November as well

Reactions: GojiraVol17
giphy.gif

2014 UGA 10-3, 9th in AP

2014 UT 7-6
2015 UT 9-4, 22nd in AP
2016 UT 9-4 22nd in AP
2017 UT 4-8

giphy.gif

I’m was talking about resumes of Pruitt and Smart, not what condition the schools were in.

Agree , wish somebody bought me free tickets. Only been to one game in my
Life and never been to an actual game in Neyland other than one spring game one year . I actually enjoy reading AV posts regardless of the other stuff , it’s just nice to have some positive news from time to time or just any news at all.

Chris, reach out in Aug next year and we will try to have you get to a game.

Chris, reach out in Aug next year and we will try to have you get to a game.
Sure will bud, And appreciate the gesture. Not looking for anything free so if anything will enjoy the company . I honestly don’t have any Vol friends and get picked on A LOT , but I wouldn’t change it. You can’t be down forever and the way I look at it is UP is the only option here on out. I don’t know if we ever went this long of a drought but we will get there with Pruitt or whom ever we hire in the future . 🍊

VN Store

Back