'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

You're doing it right now 😂 but seriously, I've never said a negative thing to you, homie. No need to he so sensitive.
I’m not focusing it directly at you, bubba! I swurr. No seriously I really agree with both sides though, in all seriousness. It is such a broken record that it’s happening this way. It’s almost expected now 😒 so depressing

There was very little Kirby had as a first year HC to sell that Pruitt didn't.

I still think the background and behind the scenes stuff is where the real separation is. Minus his NC at LSU Saban was pretty pedestrian as a HC. He was good, no doubt, but in no universe does he replicate what he has done at Bama anywhere else. Maybe a place like OSU or Texas...but it is doubtful.
🤯 You can't be serious

I get what you're saying, but it's disingenuine to suggest JG's play didn't suck the air out of everyone in the GA and KY games.

Him and Bruin stand outside the gate waiting on JG after every game just so he can sign their man titties...no matter how bad he plays or how bad the stats are JG does no wrong but yet he’s the only guy who runs the offense and dictates the flow of the game on the field 😂😅 through 5 games he’s yet to break 1000 yards passing.has only thrown 6 tds and drummed up 3 INT’s .Compare these stats to other QBs in the sec through 5 games.it’s just sad. The 4th string juco transfer Bennett at Georgia is better than a 4th year starter JG at QB let that sink in.

There was very little Kirby had as a first year HC to sell that Pruitt didn't.

I still think the background and behind the scenes stuff is where the real separation is. Minus his NC at LSU Saban was pretty pedestrian as a HC. He was good, no doubt, but in no universe does he replicate what he has done at Bama anywhere else. Maybe a place like OSU or Texas...but it is doubtful.

So Kirby walked into a similar situation that’s Pruitt did????

Y’all know JG ain’t the boogeyman, right?

Defense plays bad - blame JG

HB not ready to take snaps - blame JG

Miss on a recruit - blame JG

Your wife cheats on you - blame JG

You know UGA fans/board is clamoring for JT Daniels? But Kirby keeps trotting out Stetson. So Kirby is being stubborn at the QB position.

Yet, crystal ball to UGA. Where Kirby coaches.

Perhaps this has nothing at all to do with the QB position?
Lol. I would trade JG for Stetson tma.

🤯 You can't be serious

If you think I’m comparing UT to UGA, then yes, I’m not serious.

If you think I’m comparing resumes of first year HC’s (Pruitt and Smart) then I’m dead serious, they were materially different as far as what they were selling recruits in their first year.

I would hope so. He’s got a lot more to sell than Pruitt based on results of the last decade.

Can we please stop acting like we SHOULD be pulling in all the elite talent and be finishing top 5 in recruiting?

Everybody who thinks this is stuck in the 90’s. We aren’t that program currently.

This is no easy fix.
TN has a consensus top five recruiting budget. Traditionally number 1. Arguably top facilities in SEC & three former ROY...

sooo....

TN has a consensus top five recruiting budget. Traditionally number 1. Arguably top facilities in SEC & three former ROY...

sooo....

Our facilities are not top in SEC. Not anymore. We might be top 3-4 in the SEC but it’s not arguable we’re #1.

Plus the teams we compete against have everything we have except they’ve also been winning football games the last decade.

We haven’t won 10 games since 2007.

UGA has done that 9 times since 2007, including last season.

Bama has done that 12 times since 2007, including last season.

FL has done that 6 times since 2007, including last season.

The kids we are recruiting were 5 years old the last time we won 10 games.

But we spend a lot of money so we should automatically be able to keep up?

Our facilities are not top in SEC. Not anymore. We might be top 3-4 in the SEC but it’s not arguable we’re #1.

Plus the teams we compete against have everything we have except they’ve also been winning football games the last decade.

We haven’t won 10 games since 2007.

UGA has done that 9 times since 2007, including last season.

Bama has done that 12 times since 2007, including last season.

FL has done that 6 times since 2007, including last season.

The kids we are recruiting were 5 years old the last time we won 10 games.

But we spend a lot of money so we should automatically be able to keep up?
Man, that's a pretty ****** way to look at it.

We're gonna be fine. Remember the cluster 3 years ago.

Man, that's a pretty ****** way to look at it.

We're gonna be fine. Remember the cluster 3 years ago.

I’m not being negative at all. I think we are absolutely recruiting the very best we can at this current time in our program. We’re in on a lot of big names and if we can start turning a corner on the field then maybe a few more of them head to the hill. But I’m not down on recruiting by any means.

Just being realistic about where we are with facilities are where our competition is as of now. We’re up against it.

Doesn’t mean it’ll stay this way - I’ve got plenty of posts here to show I believe it’ll get turned around - just what it is right now. We’re not UT of the 90’s.

The admin poo’d on the football program and we, the fans, are suffering the consequences right along with the team.

Currently.

Not forever.

Agree , wish somebody bought me free tickets. Only been to one game in my
Life and never been to an actual game in Neyland other than one spring game one year . I actually enjoy reading AV posts regardless of the other stuff , it’s just nice to have some positive news from time to time or just any news at all.
I know how you feel. I have to drag friends who are Vol fans to games from Jacksonville, FL. Most of mine are Gator or Seminole. I've converted two that cared more about pro ball to become Vols. Just takes time and experience at Neyland.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'll just point out that that search led us to Pruitt who many questioned if he was ready or prepared for a job of this profile. But we didn't have many choices left, all candidates at that time were flawed or completely unproven.
I would include that as part of my point...we "wound up" with Pruitt... Kirby was THE hot name on the market.... Just on perception alone Smart probably had a leg up just on name value...

Reactions: ShreveportVol
Facilities at this point are simply a matter of preference. I think the only thing that should matter in regards to the facilities is that your in the same conversation with that group, and we are.

Said it many times.. We have everything needed to be a top ten program.. Except being a top ten program...

Heh, go figure...?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan

VN Store

Back