'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

I believe the deal with Gibbs has more to do with all the db's we have committed and on the team right now. We are stacked at db, but you still want a player like Gibbs. Who knows, after this season starts and we produce on the field, then Warrior gets in his ear he might end up a Vol after all.

I'm sure Warrior would be in his ear if he ever visited. Problem is somehow he's forgot how to get to Knoxville. Waco TX, he made it. Norman OK, check. Sounds like he's been at UGA enough he's got a meal plan. Knoxville? Nope.

Reactions: 1 person
Depends on how you define legacy. Dale Carter is his uncle.

You're right. And that's definitely how we defined the "leader of the legacy class" Vic Wharton. His only connection was his uncle who played bball at Tennessee.

I believe the deal with Gibbs has more to do with all the db's we have committed and on the team right now. We are stacked at db, but you still want a player like Gibbs. Who knows, after this season starts and we produce on the field, then Warrior gets in his ear he might end up a Vol after all.

We have at least 2, perhaps 3 starters leaving this year. It appears that Evan Berry can't find his way onto the field at safety. He wouldn't start as a true freshman but he could definitely push to start as a sophomore if he's as good as his billing. I know we've stacked some talent, but there's opportunity going forward IMO.

It's been known that he went to Reeds every summer and looks at Reeds father as his second dad. You just don't want to admit it. It's not negative. It's a fact. Why do you think we were trying to get Reed.

I don't think it's the fact that people don't want to admit it. The info is out there and isn't difficult to find.

'91 I don't see you as a troll or negative like Catbone. It just seems as if just bc you subscribe to VQ, or whatever it is you subscribe to, that you know everything that's in the loop. But you don't.

TJ Moore 'was' a vol. analysts predicted it. CB's predicted it. Tee Higgins named Tennessee his leader then committed to CU. You get the picture. Recruiting has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Whenever someone says something positive you do sometimes "correct" them w/ your info but your info is also coming from a middleman. It's not set in stone. And you're not the only person on VN who pays for this info either, sometimes I think, you think you are the only one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I don't think it's the fact that people don't want to admit it. The info is out there and isn't difficult to find.

'91 I don't see you as a troll or negative like Catbone. It just seems as if just bc you subscribe to VQ, or whatever it is you subscribe to, that you know everything that's in the loop. But you don't.

TJ Moore 'was' a vol. analysts predicted it. CB's predicted it. Tee Higgins named Tennessee his leader then committed to CU. You get the picture. Recruiting has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Whenever someone says something positive you do sometimes "correct" them w/ your info but your info is also coming from a middleman. It's not set in stone. And you're not the only person on VN who pays for this info either, sometimes I think, you think you are the only one.

Relax

Man if I were Butch, I would just stop recruiting Gibbs and all other 2017 players and only focus on 2018 and beyond. Its obvious that this 2017 class is done for and will have no real talent coming in.

Reactions: 1 person
Man if I were Butch, I would just stop recruiting Gibbs and all other 2017 players and only focus on 2018 and beyond. Its obvious that this 2017 class is done for and will have no real talent coming in.

Think of the roster spots that will be available! :yahoo:

You would make an excellent recruiting coordinator.......

Reactions: 3 people
So Gibbs has visited Oklahoma in the last 6 months but not UT?

Yes. Looks like Oklahoma, Baylor, Florida, and Georgia since his last UT trip. Now sometimes 247 misses a visit or it shows up late on the profile. With no one chiming in to mention a specific time DG being on campus in the last 6 months, it looks like Mid February was his last time in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Yes. Looks like Oklahoma, Baylor, Florida, and Georgia since his last UT trip. Now sometimes 247 misses a visit or it shows up late on the profile. With no one chiming in to mention a specific time DG being on campus in the last 6 months, it looks like Mid February was his last time in Knoxville.

Wow, i didnt know hed visited Oklahoma and Baylor. I thought he was mainly us and Georgia all along. Wonder what has happened with his recruitment on our end, he visited knoxville numerous times last year with warrior and iirc, a couple more by himself.

VN Store

Back