'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Wow, i didnt know hed visited Oklahoma and Baylor. I thought he was mainly us and Georgia all along. Wonder what has happened with his recruitment on our end, he visited knoxville numerous times last year with warrior and iirc, a couple more by himself.

Hard to say. With recruiting and young kids it could be something small and he just didn't like how something played out. Obviously something changed shortly after NSD. It might be as simple as Kirby is killing it now at recruiting and Gibbs likes what he sees going on there.

Hard to say. With recruiting and young kids it could be something small and he just didn't like how something played out. Obviously something changed shortly after NSD. It might be as simple as Kirby is killing it now at recruiting and Gibbs likes what he sees going on there.
Yeah your probably right, thanks for the responce. The 2017 recruiting cycle seems tough. Its our most successful season since Fulmer was here and Butch seems to be having trouble reeling in the "big fish" this year. Oh well, this season still has to play out on the field, and its a long way to nsd as well. Hopefully things will pan out for the 17' class.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah your probably right, thanks for the responce. The 2017 recruiting cycle seems tough. Its our most successful season since Fulmer was here and Butch seems to be having trouble reeling in the "big fish" this year. Oh well, this season still has to play out on the field, and its a long way to nsd as well. Hopefully things will pan out for the 17' class.

troll.gif

Since you're new here, I'll cue you in - he's never right. :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, i didnt know hed visited Oklahoma and Baylor. I thought he was mainly us and Georgia all along. Wonder what has happened with his recruitment on our end, he visited knoxville numerous times last year with warrior and iirc, a couple more by himself.

You want to know what happened? Its pretty simple. Gibbs seems to be a young man who is unsure where he wants to attend school. Basically every media personality, sports writer, insider, recruiting expert or message board experts do not have a clue. For all we know, a couple of unknkwn schools could pop up into his recruiting before NSD. The fact is nobody knows except Gibbs.

Gibbs needs to check in with his pals Sutton, Berry, Abernathy, Buchanan, Warrior, etc
and see how things are shaking out in Knoxville for top recruits from the State
of Georgia!:cool:

Man if I were Butch, I would just stop recruiting Gibbs and all other 2017 players and only focus on 2018 and beyond. Its obvious that this 2017 class is done for and will have no real talent coming in.

What.is.Obvious.is.That.This.Is.Just.Plain.Stupid.

Man if I were Butch, I would just stop recruiting Gibbs and all other 2017 players and only focus on 2018 and beyond. Its obvious that this 2017 class is done for and will have no real talent coming in.

Have you thought about what I'm fixing to to tell you? Right now, we have 23 scholarship commits & Butch wants to get to 25. That would mean only 2 spot are open under that analogy. However, Butch is going to allow around 3-5 commits leave elsewhere to other schools. That would mean 5-7 spots open up still for 2017.

Say we get Trey Smith & one-two 5* recruits to commit along with the rest being 4* recruits. That puts us definitely in the top 10 signing class. We all know what Butch can pull off on NSD. Look what he did two years ago.

That provided us a top 5 class. I would say top 5 is not likely however but top 10 definitely is so don't give up on the 2017 class just because right now we have signed so many 3* recruits.

It could be turned around on NSD. If not, then we're still going to be a top 20 signing class & possible top 15 if we can get just one big name recruit. I think Butch will get us into the top 10 for sure though.

Have you thought about what I'm fixing to to tell you? Right now, we have 23 scholarship commits & Butch wants to get to 25. That would mean only 2 spot are open under that analogy. However, Butch is going to allow around 3-5 commits leave elsewhere to other schools. That would mean 5-7 spots open up still for 2017.

Say we get Trey Smith & one-two 5* recruits to commit along with the rest being 4* recruits. That puts us definitely in the top 10 signing class. We all know what Butch can pull off on NSD. Look what he did two years ago.

That provided us a top 5 class. I would say top 5 is not likely however but top 10 definitely is so don't give up on the 2017 class just because right now we have signed so many 3* recruits.

It could be turned around on NSD. If not, then we're still going to be a top 20 signing class & possible top 15 if we can get just one big name recruit. I think Butch will get us into the top 10 for sure though.

Sorry but you are confused. My post was 100% pure sarcasm and meant as a knock at those posters who think this class is pretty much over with before its even close to NSD.

I fully expect a much better class than we have now. As a matter of fact, I think we will finish in the top 7.

Sorry but you are confused. My post was 100% pure sarcasm and meant as a knock at those posters who think this class is pretty much over with before its even close to NSD.

I fully expect a much better class than we have now. As a matter of fact, I think we will finish in the top 7.

Gotcha! Can't tell sarcasm sometimes on here with people. :wink:

You want to know what happened? Its pretty simple. Gibbs seems to be a young man who is unsure where he wants to attend school. Basically every media personality, sports writer, insider, recruiting expert or message board experts do not have a clue. For all we know, a couple of unknkwn schools could pop up into his recruiting before NSD. The fact is nobody knows except Gibbs.

Yes, that is obvious. I was just talking about how he seemed to be all vol and now not so much. Sure, things could change and he could still end up a vol or he could end up at another school. I never said though, that his recruitment was over.

If I saw the depth in the secondary that UT has, I would think long and hard about coming there as well. I hope DeAngelo does, he is special and would see the field early enough. But I would not blame him for choosing to go elsewhere. I want the best for him and all student athletes.

VN Store

Back