'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

Kirby Smart ain't won crap yet. Big game, little game ANY game. Might wanna build a record before gassing about another HC.

Reactions: 1 person
Kirby Smart ain't won crap yet. Big game, little game ANY game. Might wanna build a record before gassing about another HC.

Of course not, but he has a couple rings, and kids see him and know him as Saban's guy. Once he gets scuffed up a bit, that advantage will fade.

It's not losing that's the issue, it's the perception that we choked away games due to coaching incompetence. Rest assured that Kirby and Dabo are all over that. Secondary issue is the perception that we squander talent, as evidenced by drafting zero for two years. Prove we can win big games and put about a half dozen in the league and this will magically fix itself.

Are you talking about Tennessee or Georgia? You must have talent before you can squander it.

A few other Saban assistant coaches who have rings:

Lane Kiffin
Sal Sunseri
Derek Dooley

So you are saying he's due to have one that has a clue?

My point is the same...perception. Until Kirby proves that he isn't Nick Jr., he will sell himself as such, and nobody has anything to disprove it.

My point is the same...perception. Until Kirby proves that he isn't Nick Jr., he will sell himself as such, and nobody has anything to disprove it.

I agree. Smart benefits some (at least for the moment) by not having a record to defend or decisions to defend.

Luckily the season's coming up and we can clear up the mystery pretty quick. :). If his team hits the ground running, he'll be a nightmare in the SEC East. If he tanks? Muschamp,Dooley etc will be references by OTHER HC's in THEIR "sell" jobs. If Chaney repeats the tunnel vision he did in his Vols stop, it might not be pretty.

Cannot be overstated how big it would be for Malone to have a big year. If he has a big year, we've answered every outstanding question.

I wonder if Kirby is paying $$ to get some of these players. It is quite shocking how now 2 elite players seemed all about UT and then boom. Lawsuits are happening all over the country with other universities so I don't think it's that.

The answer here is quite simple. When richt was running the show it was going on but in very limited fashion with only a few of the coordinators being involved. With KS arrival the program is now in FULL swing on all recruiting fronts. They are splashing around in much grander fashion than they have ever been. Simply means others around will step it up as well.

In other good news I was hard at work the last few days on some important work for the program. Planting some seeds and also watering some!

Future is bright...just need a great season to catapult this thing and we will be rollin!

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 7 people
In other good news I was hard at work the last few days on some important work for the program. Planting some seeds and also watering some!

Future is bright...just need a great season to catapult this thing and we will be rollin!

GO VOLS!

So you guarantee our field will be in top-notch shape this season?

Reactions: 5 people

GO VOLS!

?

VN Store

Back