Fulmer Backs Pruitt

I see what you’re saying but fans don’t have as much to do with it as they like to think. It’s the mentality of the program’s administration that kills a program.

More and more are beginning to disagree with that theory. We will have to disagree.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I see what you’re saying but fans don’t have as much to do with it as they like to think. It’s the mentality of the program’s administration that kills a program.

More and more are beginning to disagree with that theory. We will have to disagree.
PS, our fans already proved their influence with the Schiano deal.

The only thing anyone is "entitled" to is what they earn. And so far Pruitt isn't earning his keep.
Whatever....so I guess you got first hand information that he I not doing anything to earn his keep...Nothing sitting on his backside and baby sitting....players would disagree. V

What Fulmer said:

“But we’ve got a really, really good coach, and we need to make sure we’re appreciating that.”

What Fulmer meant:

You guys are really, REALLY going to have to pick up the beer sales and donations if you want this goofball gone.

So you’re one of those that believes the fans got that deal nixed. I hate to break it to you, but a handful of high placed people tanked that deal. It had nothing to do with ‘twitternation’ or a small protest in front of a campus building. Make no mistake, I’m glad shamoo didn’t get the job but the downside of it is it over inflated many fans sense of their ability to influence program changes.

The ONLY way fans can influence the administration is to not show up at Neyland. You cost them money, they pay attention.... Quickly.

Reactions: a vol n tears

No fans pitched a 2 yr old temper tandem and state reps listened and prevented. The hire don't think it ever happens again. Fans got it right but where some are wrong is tthink they can do it agiain and they are empowered...Its like money only the top 5 % of wealth controls the remaining 95%

I don't suppose any of you negavols filling up every FF thread like algae blooms could be convinced to take a breather this season and distract yourselves with another team?

For example, Delta State. They're 3-1 on the season, having lost only to D2 powerhouse, Grand Valley State. Their coach, Todd Cooley has been with them for 7 seasons. They're near the top of the Gulf South Conference. Located in Cleveland, MS, DSU offers a flight program. Though historically known as the Statesmen, the student body chose The Fighting Okra as a mascot in the 1980s. The unofficial mascot has its own Webpage, and an unidentified person shows up in costume on campus unannounced at arbitrary intervals. If nothing else, the Fighting Okra videos are must watch.

Agreed, I like the fighting Okra videos!

Based on all your years of experience evaluating football coaches from your recliner? Noted.

I'd wager that most on here are like Finebaum---never worn a jockstrap one day in their life--but think their education and connections actually qualify them to state an informed opinion.

WISDOM used to be valued....but now the only thing valued is the right to express an opinion without having to be embarrassed over how stupid it is.

And I know it is a message board---so I guess instead of trying to correct incompetent opinions we should be handing out participation trophies.

After all----the more people participating = more $$$......

Reactions: rnouredd
Whatever....so I guess you got first hand information that he I not doing anything to earn his keep...Nothing sitting on his backside and baby sitting....players would disagree. V

I sure do.

1-3 this season and 6-10 overall with seven 25+ point beatdowns. How much more information do you need?

Based on all your years of experience evaluating football coaches from your recliner? Noted.

F921319B-510F-442C-932E-63027736872B.jpeg

It’s really not that hard to reach that conclusion, and it will get easier throughout the season. All you have to do is watch the loss column.

I sure do.

1-3 with seven 25+ point beatdowns. How much more information do you need?

At this point Didn't you expect this with any hireable coach....
Throw more money into a fire, hire a clown, a story teller, a used car salesman and an experience head coac....what do you expect?
4 ADs
IMO the University of Tennessee has been treating a sucking chest wound with a bandaid for the past 12 years...

I sure do.

1-3 this season and 6-10 overall with seven 25+ point beatdowns. How much more information do you need?
Once the win loss numbers add up to 36, I will be willing to judge. Only then will a change to CJPs contract take place, either exercising the firing language or extension language.

That deal was nixed before the fans even got wind. The aftermath made the story but it wasnt the catalyst for why Schiano was dropped.

The fans have been pissed for a decade and 4 HC hires. They have some influence in when a guy gets run by not showing up/selling seats to opponents, or withdrawing funds but it stops there. In regards to hires its the influence of a few.

That deal was nixed before the fans even got wind. The aftermath made the story but it wasnt the catalyst for why Schiano was dropped.

The fans have been pissed for a decade and 4 HC hires. They have some influence in when a guy gets run by not showing up/selling seats to opponents, or withdrawing funds but it stops there. In regards to hires its the influence of a few.

The fans stopped coming to the games which moved them to fire Fulmer. This is definitely inside info. Schiano situation was covered quite a bit and I have never seen a fan base react like that or a coaching situation go down like that, so the math to me says the fans had a lot to do with empowering those few.

Reactions: BIGORANGETARHEEL
At this point Didn't you expect this with any hireable coach....
Throw more money into a fire, hire a clown, a story teller, a used car salesman and an experience head coac....what do you expect?
4 ADs
IMO the University of Tennessee has been treating a sucking chest wound with a bandaid for the past 12 years...

Hell no I didn't expect this level of incompetence. Sure I expected to have a rough 1st season I wasn't even expecting a bowl game but I damn sure expected to be competitive with Vandy and Mizzu. Then I expected to see improvement this season which as we can see hasn't happened.

Reactions: vettefool
Once the win loss numbers add up to 36, I will be willing to judge. Only then will a change to CJPs contract take place, either exercising the firing language or extension language.

He's going to get his 3rd season but I see no evidence that he needs to be here any longer than that.

so, that's what I told you already...glad he finally came out with it...with the latest "Banks" incident his hand was forced...I back Coach Pruitt and Coach/AD Fulmer also...and,

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE DAWGS!

Like maybe beating Georgia State? Maybe being competitive in some of the conference games? Man us fans are just too demanding!!
or soft because u cant let go of a game that was a month ago. seems like u dont get over stuff easily. might need to see the psych

or soft because u cant let go of a game that was a month ago. seems like u dont get over stuff easily. might need to see the psych

I’m in the don’t care category on keeping/firing Pruitt. But the Ga St game is the biggest reason that topic is the most talked about topic on this board. It is recent history. Fans talk about games from 20 yrs ago so no way they forget that game. It will be brought up 20 yrs from now.

Exactly. All the Schiano deal exposed was how weak the management was at the top of the UTK food chain. Burning mattresses and picketing Andy Holt Tower or painting obscenities on the Rock doesn't give one power. Weak presidents, weak Board of Trustees and poor athletic director hires got us in this funk. And I believe a purposefully de emphasizing sports in general and football in particular by the powers that be is what precipitated this fall from grace. May they rot in Hell.

For whatever some of our fans have gotten out of the past 12 years, they mostly got what they deserved. Several woke up on 3rd base and thought they'd hit a triple. I hope the next round of good times are appreciated more than the last round.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
I'd wager that most on here are like Finebaum---never worn a jockstrap one day in their life--but think their education and connections actually qualify them to state an informed opinion.

WISDOM used to be valued....but now the only thing valued is the right to express an opinion without having to be embarrassed over how stupid it is.

And I know it is a message board---so I guess instead of trying to correct incompetent opinions we should be handing out participation trophies.

After all----the more people participating = more $$$......

Post of the season here. Well done 👍

Like maybe beating Georgia State? Maybe being competitive in some of the conference games? Man us fans are just too demanding!!
Good thing you aren’t a bama fan after Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe , Saban woudl have been unemployed

VN Store

Back