Fulmer Backs Pruitt

MemphisVol77

Welp folks, the kiss of death has arrived.
Short of a 1-11 season that ones hard to interpret as the kiss of death. He listed too many inherited deficiencies Pruitt had to correct and then gave credit for improvements.

If he had just said "Pruitt is a good coach and he's working like heck" without any of the "knew it would take time" reinforcement I could maybe see it as the kiss of death.

I'm also glad he addressed and refuted all the Fulmer takes over as HC rumors from the peanut gallery.

Vol$_Deep_11_9

No surprise here. I don’t like mediocrity or being just flat out terrible as much as any of you guys do but I’m gonna support whoever is here. Whether I think he needs to be or not, I don’t throw money at the program just my fan support. I want to see whoever the man is coaching our football team to succeed

EZE

No surprise here. I don’t like mediocrity or being just flat out terrible as much as any of you guys do but I’m gonna support whoever is here. Whether I think he needs to be or not, I don’t throw money at the program just my fan support. I want to see whoever the man is coaching our football team to succeed
I’ll support whoever is here and hope for the best. But, when I think they are in over their heads, I’m going to say that, too.

Special Ed

VFE: Vol For Eternity
The AD finally emerging from his hidey-hole to express support for a coach under fire is not necessarily a good sign for the coach.
How many times in the past have we seen such a statement ring the eventual death knell for a coach on the ropes?
Perhaps Phil should have opted to remain silent for the nonce if he really supports Pruitt.

Last edited:

chattavol420

People come on. What the hell would anyone have expected him to say? Listen fans...I’m sorry but it’s obvious at this point I’ve made a massive mistake? Lol. Every ad is always going to support their coach. Until they don’t

Neal Boswell

Short of a 1-11 season that ones hard to interpret as the kiss of death. He listed too many inherited deficiencies Pruitt had to correct and then gave credit for improvements.

If he had just said "Pruitt is a good coach and he's working like heck" without any of the "knew it would take time" reinforcement I could maybe see it as the kiss of death.

I'm also glad he addressed and refuted all the Fulmer takes over as HC rumors from the peanut gallery.
I am really glad he gave the vote of confidence, and addressed the coaching issue just before all of these 'croots come in for this weeks game. It really needed to be said, and the timing was great. Recruits needed to know about the stability factor, if we are going to have a successful class this year. Two thumbs up for Coach Fulmer.

Vol$_Deep_11_9

I’ll support whoever is here and hope for the best. But, when I think they are in over their heads, I’m going to say that, too.
Agreed 100%. Right now Pruitt is in over his head, I think deep down even he knows it. But I also want to think he’ll learn from these mistakes early on and get it right. All I know is to be patient. Patience is wearing thin though

Vol$_Deep_11_9

Could you maybe give them a year and a half before you make your 'over their heads' determination?
Honestly, I think any first time head coach right now would be in over their head here. That’s not just the case with Pruitt. He’s got a good enough staff around him though to learn and fix that.

Brak

You expected him to say something different?
Not particularly, but I do appreciate the fact that Fulmer reiterated his original comments of understanding the state of the program when Pruitt took it over and the challenges and time it would take to correct it.

Also Fulmer directly squashing the coaching rumors thing.

VN Store

Sponsors