Fulmer Backs Pruitt

Great post! I think about 70% of this board (non Pruitt believers) will change their tune by the end of November next year. The man is great at recruting, development, x's and o's. He just needs to be better as a HC and will be there by this time next year. If given time and UT continues to get top 15 or better talent, the results will DEFINITELY BE THER in 2021. Hell, I am like all others. My patience is beyond thin! I wanted a 7-8 win season. But, I seriously think UT can still win 5-6 should BM or JTS emerge as the answer to our QB woes!!!
Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny too?

The togetherness should start with Pruitt continually ripping half his team

BELIEVE ME HE WANTS TO!!!!!

But he just can’t right now. Recruits are needed and depth is a concern this year. So ripping players only accomplishes increasing disasters.

Some upperclassmen that are here are not mentally tough enough for that and will go in shells and/or become locker room issues.

Then recruits in a rebuild won’t come if they think their coach will call them out.

He is doing a good job with what he has man.

Far from perfect, but man what he walked into was BAD.

HQibM.jpg

BELIEVE ME HE WANTS TO!!!!!

But he just can’t right now. Recruits are needed and depth is a concern this year. So ripping players only accomplishes increasing disasters.

Some upperclassmen that are here are not mentally tough enough for that and will go in shells and/or become locker room issues.

Then recruits in a rebuild won’t come if they think their coach will call them out.

He is doing a good job with what he has man.

Far from perfect, but man what he walked into was BAD.
There is no argument you can make that he is doing a good job on the field with what he has.

Reactions: zydane47
I expected him to say what he did because he's right.
Until he's not... I'm curious what your position will be then. I'm willing to eat my words if I'm wrong but I'd also be willing to bet that I'm not

Until he's not... I'm curious what your position will be then. I'm willing to eat my words if I'm wrong but I'd also be willing to bet that I'm not

Well Fulmer isn’t coming back to coach. He’s made that crystal clear after the national media assholes who have an axe to grind with him said he’s sabotaging Pruitt.

I am really glad he gave the vote of confidence, and addressed the coaching issue just before all of these 'croots come in for this weeks game. It really needed to be said, and the timing was great. Recruits needed to know about the stability factor, if we are going to have a successful class this year. Two thumbs up for Coach Fulmer.

Your going to get roasted on here, if you say anything good about fulmer or anything positive about Pruitt.

Fulmer hired Pruitt so of course Fulmer will pump up Pruitt to make his hiring Pruitt look good. If Fulmer talked down Pruitt that would make Fulmer's hiring of Pruitt look bad. Fulmer is all about Fulmer.

What I read is that we are spending your contributed 100 million dollars, you will get zero in return and this may go on for a while.

Fulmer has to support Pruitt...he hired him. He knows that if this situation goes south, so does he. So he’ll support him until he no longer can.

This statement means very little, and changes even less. It’s how the game is played.

Reactions: zydane47 and hog88
What I read is that we are spending your contributed 100 million dollars, you will get zero in return and this may go on for a while.
Yep, the UT athletic dept is more of a tv preacher.....send us your money and expect nothing in return, but we will promise you alot if you just keep the faith for a really long time

Anytime your AD has to come out and publicly issue a statement on a coach, that is NEVER a good sign.

Its usually a sign that the HC has all but lost control of the boat.

Fulmer hired Pruitt so of course Fulmer will pump up Pruitt to make his hiring Pruitt look good. If Fulmer talked down Pruitt that would make Fulmer's hiring of Pruitt look bad. Fulmer is all about Fulmer.
I'll add if Fulmer's hiring of the women's basketball coach doesn't work out, Fulmer should be on the hot seat.

He wasn't going to say anything publicly that would cast doubt on Pruitt right now. The fact he was even asked about it shows it's not going all that well. Let's see what he has to say if they start 1-6.. Probably going to happen folks. MSU is in their bye week and we have Georgia. Doesn't set up well.

Fulmer has to support Pruitt...he hired him. He knows that if this situation goes south, so does he. So he’ll support him until he no longer can.

This statement means very little, and changes even less. It’s how the game is played.

Yep, Fulmer will have to make a decision about Pruitts future at the end of next season at the latest. And that scares the whizz it of me.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I don't think Fulmer voluntarily decided to make a statement. Someone ran an article saying that Fulmer wants to replace Pruitt as coach. Someone else put the story out there.

VN Store

Back