From New Orleans...

hatvol96

Sweet 16 Storylines. 1. Second year wonders. Bruce Pearl and Tim Floyd are both about three years ahead of schedule in their rebuilding projects. 2. David and Goliath. The last true Cinderella, Butler, draws Florida. 3. San Antonio Shootouts. Two great games in the Alamo City. 4. The Michigan Factor. Who will be the first Sweet 16 coach to be forced to deny interest in the job in Ann Arbor? 5. Beauty v. Beast. It looks like the red hot offense of Kansas is on a collision course with the meatgrinder defense of UCLA. 6. Oregon-Contender or Pretender? The Ducks have played exceptionally the last two weeks. 7. Return of the Rebs. How many times do you think we'll see video of Anderson Hunt and Moses Scurry over the next week? 8. Memphis. The Tigers get a chance to prove that conference affiliation doesn't matter. 9. Teacher v. Pupil. Ben Howland runs into old friend Jamie Dixon. 10. UNC-G'Town, redux. If form holds, a rematch of the epic '82 final is on tap.

I got to watch a couple games today in airports, Tennessee winning in Nashville Int'l and Texas lose in DFW. Both experiences were nice. I was waiting to post that Bruce Pearl and Tim Floyd are THE MAN.

Sweet 16 Storylines. 1. Second year wonders. Bruce Pearl and Tim Floyd are both about three years ahead of schedule in their rebuilding projects. 2. David and Goliath. The last true Cinderella, Butler, draws Florida. 3. San Antonio Shootouts. Two great games in the Alamo City. 4. The Michigan Factor. Who will be the first Sweet 16 coach to be forced to deny interest in the job in Ann Arbor? 5. Beauty v. Beast. It looks like the red hot offense of Kansas is on a collision course with the meatgrinder defense of UCLA. 6. Oregon-Contender or Pretender? The Ducks have played exceptionally the last two weeks. 7. Return of the Rebs. How many times do you think we'll see video of Anderson Hunt and Moses Scurry over the next week? 8. Memphis. The Tigers get a chance to prove that conference affiliation doesn't matter. 9. Teacher v. Pupil. Ben Howland runs into old friend Jamie Dixon. 10. UNC-G'Town, redux. If form holds, a rematch of the epic '82 final is on tap.

I'd say UNLV is the last true Cinderella

I think it's hard to call a team with 30 wins and a coach who's been to the Final Four a Cinderella.

Speaking of slippers and Cinderellas. I'm so glad there isn't one.

I had enough ESPN (sports media in general) slurping of Rutgers in the football season to put up with another one.

5. Beauty v. Beast. It looks like the red hot offense of Kansas is on a collision course with the meatgrinder defense of UCLA.

KU looked pretty good against against Kentucky's meatgrinder defense, still finding ways to use their athleticism in what turned into an ugly, half-court slugfest for most of the game. UCLA has more offensive weapons than the Cats, and I'll be interested to see whether that makes the difference.

I doubt also that UCLA will forget to get the ball to their best offensive weapon for the middle 20 minutes of the game.

Drop some BB knowledge on me hate so I can talk a little smarter to the fellas at the club and not talk from the lower region.

Gimme a good assesment of UT and Pearl.
Thanks bud. :thumbsup:

Tennessee-Undersized team that relies on outside shooting and creating a full court game to mask their weaknesses. Pearl-Smart, charismatic guy who extracts every ounce of productivity he can from a gutsy, but flawed, group of players.

Tennessee-Undersized team that relies on outside shooting and creating a full court game to mask their weaknesses. Pearl-Smart, charismatic guy who extracts every ounce of productivity he can from a gutsy, but flawed, group of players.
Very good assessment of Pearl and the Vols.

I'm missing the inconsistency there. Oregon has played exceptionally well for about two weeks. The season started in November. That doesn't exactly show constant quality play. However, given the source of the complaint, I'm not surprised that nuance was missed.

I'm missing the inconsistency there. Oregon has played exceptionally well for about two weeks. The seaon started in November. That doesn't exactly show constant quality play. However, given the source of the complaint, I'm not surprised that nuance was missed.

The first quote was based off of the first round of play (title of thread)

Now, they have been playing good for 2 weeks.

Why didn't you fill a bracket? Too afraid to show you don't know anymore than the next guy.

I would be surprised if Memphis beat A&M. The Aggies are the type of team that will take advantage of the 5-10 minute lapse of concentration the Tigers invariably have. Also, Acie Law will have a huge advantage against Andre Allen and Willie Kemp. The game being played in San Antonio also doesn't help Cal's crew.

Why don't you and I bet $250 a game against the spread for the rest of the tournament? Then we'll see who knows what.

Thanks! :salute:

The first quote was based off of the first round of play, moron. (title of thread)

Now, they have been playing good for 2 weeks.

Why didn't you fill a bracket? Too afraid to show you don't know anymore than the next guy.

Just wanted to quote this for board rules violation stuff. Citizen's arrest, if you will.

Oregon played brilliantly in their three games in the PAC 10 tournament. They played just well enough to win against Miami. They defeated a good Winthrop team easily. I think those results indicate they've had a pretty good two weeks. However, their overall resume does not indicate they have the consistency to be an elite team. Hence, the question: Do they prove themselves by playing well and advancing or do they have one of their flameouts and get dispatched? It's actually an easy set of concepts to grasp.

Oregon played brilliantly in their three games in the PAC 10 tournament. They played just well enough to win against Miami. They defeated a good Winthrop team easily. I think those results indicate they've had a pretty good two weeks. However, their overall resume does not indicate they have the consistency to be an elite team. Hence, the question: Do they prove themselves by playing well and advancing or do they have one of their flameouts and get dispatched? It's actually an easy set of concepts to grasp.

I just think you are full of it, and you get off from a bunch of bootlickers.

VN Store

Back