From New Orleans...

Wow, somebody in the SEC needs to snatch Cal up immediately. He's gone 4-1 the last two seasons against the league with a team comprised of "second stringers and pot heads." That's some mighty fine coaching.

Wow, somebody in the SEC needs to snatch Cal up immediately. He's gone 4-1 the last two seasons against the league with a team comprised of "second stringers and pot heads." That's some mighty fine coaching.

Actually, I'm a little bit afraid that if Kentucky ever does set Tubby free, they will do just that.

IE, don't watch Memphis much, do you? CDR, while a really skilled player, would be hard pressed to jump over the metro Knoxville phone book or beat Dick Bavetta in a footrace. It is easier to name the scholarship players on the Memphis roster who are not more athletic than him, Kareem Cooper and Hashim Bailey. Doneal Mack and Antonio Anderson are athletically to CDR as Wlliam F. Buckley and Noam Chomsky are intellectually to Paulie Shore.

IE, don't watch Memphis much, do you? CDR, while a really skilled player, would be hard pressed to jump over the metro Knoxville phone book or beat Dick Bavetta in a footrace. It is easier to name the scholarship players on the Memphis roster who are not more athletic than him, Kareem Cooper and Hashim Bailey. Doneal Mack and Antonio Anderson are athletically to CDR as Wlliam F. Buckley and Noam Chomsky are intellectually to Paulie Shore.

Looks like you landed just fine...:good!:

And you took your free time flying to come up with some more stellar analogies...:eek:lol:

If you are referring to John Pelphrey and Travis Ford, they would not miss. They would be, however, aiming in the wrong direction.

Did I ever say they would miss? I said if they somehow don't.. And I never said they would be going in the right direction, I simply stated what my source has heard regarding possible coaching canidates.

Did I ever say they would miss? I said if they somehow don't.. And I never said they would be going in the right direction, I simply stated what my source has heard regarding possible coaching canidates.

Your source is echoing the misguided sentiments of every person with a blue hat that has ever listened to Cat Calls. I will be mildly surprised if the sidelines in Lexington aren't graced by a man named Orlando for at least another year, though.

I respectfully and completely disagree with this assessment. You can have your opinion, but I disagree with it.

Your source is echoing the misguided sentiments of every person with a blue hat that has ever listened to Cat Calls. I will be mildly surprised if the sidelines in Lexington aren't graced by a man named Orlando for at least another year, though.

We'll see about that cotton:birgits_giggle: .. And my source isn't some delusional Kentucky fan calling in on Cat Calls or posting on CatsPause from time to time.

Athlete: a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

I don't know about jumping over phone books, but I can tell you that CDR is the best athlete Memphis has. He may come off walking with a gimp or appear awkward walking around. But when he is on the court he makes the most shots on the team and is easily identified as their go-to man.

Athlete: a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

I don't know about jumping over phone books, but I can tell you that CDR is the best athlete Memphis has. He may come off walking with a gimp or appear awkward walking around. But when he is on the court he makes the most shots on the team and is easily identified as their go-to man.

What does that have the do with being their best athlete or being the most athletic?

Shaq was the Magic's go to guy and made the most shots for them...are you going to tell me he was more athletic than Penny Hardaway?

The Memphis coach has repeatedly said Mack is easily his best athlete, while at the same time joking with CDR about his lack of explosiveness and leaping ability. I think I'll roll with Cal's assessment.

The boss just came and asked me whether we should take rolling coverage or continuous feed of the MEM game Thursday. I said rolling coverage. Now some local Memphis fan is gonna hate me for sure...

Once again, UK will not pursue John unless they miss out on some of the other targets..

Just sitting back waiting for the drama to unfold in Lex. I have heard it all, mostly from good sources. My most reliable source tells me that if Tubby does go, that Mr. Donovan is on speed dial. That does not mean I am predicting his acceptance, but he will now be the primary target without exception.

I don't think anybody really knows what is going to happen in Lex right now, but I do know that I will wear orange of some shade in every public appearance that I make for the rest of this week.

The Memphis coach has repeatedly said Mack is easily his best athlete, while at the same time joking with CDR about his lack of explosiveness and leaping ability. I think I'll roll with Cal's assessment.

The Memphis coach also said repeatedly that Hunt was permanently dismissed from the team.

As for CDR being an athlete or not - my original point was that Memphis is in trouble if CDR is out or limited based on injury. As you said and I meant - CDR is their best ball player. That's all.

Shaq was the Magic's go to guy and made the most shots for them...are you going to tell me he was more athletic than Penny Hardaway?

If your definition of athlete is the skinny guy that can dominate in a three-legged sack race then it's Penny. But if it's the ability to dominate the game they play then Shaq is head and shoulders above Penny.

VN Store

Back