Franklin

His record was 56-23 at Penn State coming into this season....I'd take that record out of a UT coach right now.
Agreed. James Franklin may have character issues, but he is a good coach and he's done a very good job at Penn State. They are struggling right now, but I don't think the Penn State administration is going to overreact and fire him for having a down season - under such irregular circumstances as we have in 2020.

Hugh Freeze > James Franklin

Yep and wasn't Franklin called by one of the players on the night of the Vandy gang rape. I cannot remember details seems like Franklin was in the process of accepting PSU job and having to deal with maybe being slightly involved with the allegations. When all this started to roll out.

Franklin is dealing with star players sitting out as well. I would take him over Pruitt. He would recruit great here as well. PSU won’t fire him for a bad season during Covid just as we won’t get rid of Pruitt, but definitely worth watching next year.

I am curious of whether Freeze would jump to any open SEC school or wait a year for things to shake out. Personally I think he would have his choice of bigger programs next season, but Texas might throw a Saban like contract at him this year

VN Store

Back