Franklin

Freeze or Kiffin Or Kiffin or Freeze don’t even come home without one of them

Doesn’t James Franklin have three 11 wins seasons!? Hell, if a coach at Tennessee ever gets one 11 win season, he will be given a lifetime contract and a statue built in his honor.

LOL. I feel the sentiment. Any UT fan making fun of another coach or program is living the worst glass house scenario possible.

I wouldn't write him off because of one bad season. Just look at his body of work. Multiple 10+ win seasons at Penn State and got Vanderbilt to 9 wins, which is an impressive feat in of itself lol.

Still can't stand the guy though personally.
He's a good coach no doubt. Definitely better than what we've had in almost 2 decades

Franklin covered up a rape scandal at Vandy. I would never support him at UT. PSU only hired him because they have a history of not caring about rape...
But do give them credit for proper shower hygiene as Dooley would say.

Winning 9 games at Vandy included:
Presbyterian
Mizzou (5-7)
Auburn (3-9)
UMass (1-11)
UAB (2-10)
Kentucky (2-10)
Ole Miss (7-6)
Tennessee (5-7)
Wake forest (5-7)
and he covered up a rape

Wow never even realized that when it happened,1 team barely winning record. That was basically great timing. ESPN that year kept showing his face & 9 wins at Vandy they got behind him and he got big $$$. I do think he is above average coach but I totally dis like Franklin.

Not sure what is going on this year at PSU, but his body of work is impressive. That said, every time he speaks he comes off like a guy who is desperate to impress the listener with how smart or cool he is.

Reactions: sierraorange
4 bowl teams and three teams that won 8-9 games doesn’t equal that weak schedule

It wasn't any sort of murderers' row.

South Carolina (4-8)
UAB (9-5)
Kentucky (8-5)
Missouri (6-6)
Vandy (3-9)
Indiana (8-5)
South Carolina (2-5)
Missouri (2-3)

VN Store

Back