Franklin

I would love Freeze. There is a below zero chance he comes here.
With Fulmer being AD, there are a number of coaches that he won't entertain hiring because of the personal/philosophical differences he might have with them

Fulmer is likely as short term as Pruitt. Keeping Barnes here is his one accomplishment

A 3 day old baked potato would be better than what the Vols have at head coach now.

Pruitt is just going through the motions with the platitudes for the press and waiting for that buyout money at this point.

That being said, not a fan of Harbaugh and especially not a fan of Franklin.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Well, Sexton took Phil to the absolute cleaners on Pruitt's current contract, which may or may not have a way to off-set buyout money if he takes a job, and Fulmer also extended him coming off a year with the worst home loss of the modern era and absolutely 0 pressure that Pruitt would get a sniff at another job. That has now made Pruitt's buyout over 12 million dollars.

Harbaugh has been mentioned in this thread a few times. Harbaugh is 150-67-1 in his career as a head coach. He's been to two NFC Championship games, the Super Bowl and has won 10+ games 6 times as a college coach. Care to guess what his buyout is if he's fired on December 1st 2020? 6.3 million dollars.

So if I were guessing, Sexton loves Phil. He's made Jimmy a bunch of easy money.
May or may not? Please tell us your may not facts!

Franklin might be a good example of why we should take the results of this Covid season with a grain of salt.

Reactions: knox73
LOL. I feel the sentiment. Any UT fan making fun of another coach or program is living the worst glass house scenario possible.
Actually you can agree that Tennessee is underperforming and know why other certain coaches would also not be the answer

Why? Because we care about winning?
His routine of "trying" to be a grumpy old man with profound insight is whats laughable.
Trying in quotes bc its obvious and its honestly sad
Freeze will go to SEC if not at TN and prison rape the vols
And he will be one of the first on here to just kick TN without acknowledging Freeze is top notch

Didn’t Freeze lose to like Memphis and Arkansas the same year he beat Bama. He’s getting overhyped. Fire away. But it’s true.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
In checking other boards, SCe is screaming for Freeze as well. Muskrat is likely to be fired this year even with the covid mess. Having been through a lot of coaching changes at UT, they are always a day late and way too many dollars short. Betting odds suggest that Freeze will be long gone before UT admin and the money boosters make up their collective minds. Having just ck'd Napier is the SCe favorite

Last edited:
That can't win at Michigan.

His worst season is 8-5 and he's won 10 games three times there and 9 his other season. He'd be getting an auto raise/extension here for "not winning" like he has at Michigan. He'd be the most accomplished coach we've ever hired, hands down, if he ever came here.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
fire a coach who is building for one bad season for another guy who is struggling? the babies are def out and about

His worst season is 8-5 and he's won 10 games three times there and 9 his other season. He'd be getting an auto raise/extension here for "not winning" like he has at Michigan. He'd be the most accomplished coach we've ever hired, hands down, if he ever came here.

Not ever, Johnny Majors won a national title before returning to Tennessee,

Yeah, he may have won some games in a weak big 10 conference. How many of those wins came against Ohio State? Maybe even State Penn? I don't have much confidence in big 10 success transfering to the SEC. Burt Belima comes to mind.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I wouldn't write him off because of one bad season. Just look at his body of work. Multiple 10+ win seasons at Penn State and got Vanderbilt to 9 wins, which is an impressive feat in of itself lol.

Still can't stand the guy though personally.

I'm with you on the likeability of Franklin, but he is a good coach, if you can win 9 games at Vandy, you are very good.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Not ever, Johnny Majors won a national title before returning to Tennessee,

Yeah, he may have won some games in a weak big 10 conference. How many of those wins came against Ohio State? Maybe even State Penn? I don't have much confidence in big 10 success transfering to the SEC. Burt Belima comes to mind.

I love Johnny, but Harbaugh has coached a team to the Super Bowl, that's the pinnacle of the football coaching world. He's also coached in 2 other football conferences besides the Big 10. He beat a #1 ranked USC team that was just tearing up SEC schools in the biggest upset in CFB history when Stanford was a 41 point underdog. The SEC is 7-6 vs the Big Ten the last 3 seasons. Not exactly domination.

Didn’t Freeze lose to like Memphis and Arkansas the same year he beat Bama. He’s getting overhyped. Fire away. But it’s true.

He’s one of the few that don’t flinch when he sees Saban across the field. Unlike the guy we have now.....

VN Store

Back