Florida board score predictions for UF v. UT

I agree. But in a sense the Swampgas name carries with it an element of making fun of oneself. It sure does seem that the Gator fans on the whole are a lot more realistic about the upcoming season than some Vols fans that litter this board appear to be. Much more self-deprecating and gallows humor over there.
No they aren't, stop lying. All Florida fans hear and see is the media fellating them constantly while we get dragged in every prediction. Literally every single actual prediction on this board has been between 5-7 and the occasional 9-3.

Last edited:
If you’ve ever been to Gainesville you’d know swamp gas is the perfect name. Gainesville stinks. Literally! It’s comong from the swamp just south of Gainesville. It’s an armpit of a place.

Reactions: Type Orange+
A thread already up at Swampgas. Thought I'd share my favorites:

tenor.gif

Reactions: bigorange
They’re all pretty lame, weak on SEC news and dominated by a hand full of extremely negative posters.

Wha? Negative to who? I don’t think that word means what you think it does . I only looked at one and it’s anything but “ filled with negative posters “ lol

Reactions: Booker512
-Dan Mullen is tweeting @ rappers on twitter....
-Calling his QBs 'Champions' when they havent even played a game yet...
-Is walking around in Jordans and propping his feet up on tables just to show them off...
-Making cheesy work-out videos in halloween costumes...
-Taking photoshoots with kids showing off their grills...
-Messing up a simple question and turning it into a soundclip the media plays over and over; "Do you have a no-weapons policy?"....here, Dan. Lemme help you out...say: "YES, our players arent allowed to have guns on campus, next question"...

he is like five inches from having a Third down song, a turnover trashcan and driving around in a mercede's with lambo doors

Thats why people are calling him Lyle 2.0

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
A few things of which I am 100% certain regarding UF: they will be vastly improved on special teams, they will be back to elite on defense, they will be in much better physical shape, they have a stable of SEC stud RB’s, and the depth and talent at WR is impressive with Trevon Grimes and Van Jefferson joining Cleveland and Kadarius Toney.

But the QB play is still a question mark, the o-line is still unproven even though they return 5 starters with tons of experience and depth at safety is a concern.

-Is walking around in Jordans and propping his feet up on tables just to show them off...
-Messing up a simple question and turning it into a soundclip the media plays over and over; "Do you have a no-weapons policy?"....here, Dan. Lemme help you out...say: "YES, our players arent allowed to have guns on campus, next question"...

he is like five inches from having a Third down song, a turnover trashcan and driving around in a mercede's with lambo doors

First of all, I think Mullen is a hell of a coach and any comparison between him and Butch's coaching abilities is crazy. However, I want to leave this right here...

I was driving to Jackson, MS on national JUCO signing day in late 2016(Maybe a week or 2 after Butch's Champions of Life comment). The local ESPN affiliate was interviewing Mullen about the JUCO signings that day. The ESPN host asked him "Why did you think you signed such a highly regarded JUCO class?" Mullen stated "We were able to show them that if they came to Miss State, they would be champions in the classroom, champions on the field, and Champions in Life"

Nobody is calling him Lyle 2.0 except you and a few of your like-minded buddies. Lyle 2.0 resides in Tallahassee, Florida. Florida fans by and large are thrilled with the direction Mullen has taken the program. It’s exactly what we were hoping for.

I guess he could be running around talking in extremely monotone, mundane terms, insulting the fan base, using double-negatives that leave people wondering what the hell they’re listening to and generally looking goofy as hell with an eyebrow that appears to be permanently stuck two inches higher than the other eyebrow.

A few things of which I am 100% certain regarding UF: they will be vastly improved on special teams, they will be back to elite on defense, they will be in much better physical shape, they have a stable of SEC stud RB’s, and the depth and talent at WR is impressive with Trevon Grimes and Van Jefferson joining Cleveland and Kadarius Toney.

But the QB play is still a question mark, the o-line is still unproven even though they return 5 starters with tons of experience and depth at safety is a concern.

So basically...Florida of the past 8 years....Elite defesne, no QB and offensive playmakers who cant get the ball to do anything with it?

Im not saying Tennessee should have ANY expectations after 4-8, but what you just described is exactly what Florida has been for 8 years now: Studs all over the offense with no QB, an elite defense.

I think its more like this: If Mullen can find a QB he jives with, Florida will probably be ok. If he cant, then Florida will have to just wait and be patient with whatever you see on the field until he finds one.

So basically...Florida of the past 8 years....Elite defesne, no QB and offensive playmakers who cant get the ball to do anything with it?

Im not saying Tennessee should have ANY expectations after 4-8, but what you just described is exactly what Florida has been for 8 years now: Studs all over the offense with no QB, an elite defense.

I think its more like this: If Mullen can find a QB he jives with, Florida will probably be ok. If he cant, then Florida will have to just wait and be patient with whatever you see on the field until he finds one.

Florida’s defense was awful last year, not even close to elite. 12th in the SEC in sacks despite having Cece Jefferson, Polite and Zuniga. They never blitzed, ever. The defense was basic and predictable. My point is, they’ll be back to elite this year.

I generally agree with your point on the QB situation but will just add that UF is much better at WR and RB than they have been during much of this 8-year horrible offense stretch.

I’m not saying UF wins the east or plays for a national title by any means, but I’m saying a solid 8-4, 9-3 type season is certainly doable.

Funny how people want Urban Meyer fired for keeping Zach Smith on staff but no-one says anything about Mullen keeping Jeffrey Simmons at MSU after this video came out...

Funny how people want Urban Meyer fired for keeping Zach Smith on staff but no-one says anything about Mullen keeping Jeffrey Simmons at MSU after this video came out...

Mullen kicked Justin Watkins off the team a few weeks ago for allegedly fighting with his girlfriend. Not sure about this dude at Mississippi State, but Mullen appears to be doing the right thing at Florida so far.

But UT was certainly willing to hire Mullen, in fact, it was been widely reported that UT and Mullen were very close to a deal. I doubt we would see any UT fan worrying about his disciplinary practices at Miss State had he been hired by UT instead of UF.

Nobody is calling him Lyle 2.0 except you and a few of your like-minded buddies. Lyle 2.0 resides in Tallahassee, Florida. Florida fans by and large are thrilled with the direction Mullen has taken the program. It’s exactly what we were hoping for.

I guess he could be running around talking in extremely monotone, mundane terms, insulting the fan base, using double-negatives that leave people wondering what the hell they’re listening to and generally looking goofy as hell with an eyebrow that appears to be permanently stuck two inches higher than the other eyebrow.

Or you could just be honest instead of that all the Florida boards are filled with negajorts stuff . I know you gators think we are just hillbilly’s , but we are hillbilly’s that know how to use the Internet . 😉

We're playing WV and someone gives 2 ***** what UF fans think the score is going to be??

I might add that I haven’t heard any Tennessee fans saying that we are going to win the SEC...most are debating whether we will even make a bowl game.

Well, you know how it is with lizards. They are categorized with snakes, iguanas, and komodo dragons. That is to say, almost nothing good about them. Plus they can't be trusted.

Last edited:
Or you could just be honest instead of that all the Florida boards are filled with negajorts stuff . I know you gators think we are just hillbilly’s , but we are hillbilly’s that know how to use the Internet . 😉

Yes, negajorts stuff is a bore on the UF boards. And no, I don’t think all UT fans are hillbillies at all. Some billies, yes, but also some fine people. I know lots of them.

Two words .. Dak Prescott . Danny boy does well when he has a superstar QB to work with . Without one , Meh
Thats the point tho. He turned a 3 star QB into what you see playing at Dallas.. Nick Fitzgerald is pretty good as well you know. He can coach, its that simple

They have same talent and the arguably 3rd/4th best coach in the SEC west.
2 years ago arguably the 4th/5th best coach.
I understand Miss St. isn't the recruiting ground of Florida, but let's not get carried away just yet.

VN Store

Back