Florida board score predictions for UF v. UT

I think it will be close but if UT beats WVU and gets some confidence I think we can beat them pretty bad. I feel like Mullen is Lyle 2.0
Except that Lyle 2.0 has won more with less talent. Besides that..... and the fact that Lyle 2.0 comes from championship pegidree, I’d say yes.... their similar.

If you break your arm patting Dan Mullen on the back for his job at Mississippi state and being a consistent 7-9 win coach at a dump of a school, then you better start handing out coach of the year awards to Kevin Sumlin bc A&M was a perineal doormat of the BIG12 and came into the SEC West and Sumlin was a consistent 7-9 win team every year there as well. Coached a Heisman winner. And he beat Alabama once in his tenure. Plus he Recruited very well.

Sumlin didn't do as well as Slocum did at A&M....

If you think that Miss St and A&M are comparable in terms of resources, money, institutional commitment to football, fanbase, etc., you know absolutely nothing about college football. If you think that 8-5 records at Miss St and A&M are equivalent, you aren't really following what is happening with any sort of analysis or critical thinking. Sumlin was pulling in top ranked recruiting classes one right after the other, coaching at a school with a 102,000-seat stadium, a cultish fanbase that is nuts about football, and money coming out of its ears. Mullen was coaching at a cowtown school with a fraction of the resources.

This isn't professional football. The programs aren't created equal.

I am a cfb addict, so yes, i am quiet aware of A&Ms doormat status. Especially since i lived in the state of texas for a few years, i Partied in College station some back in the mid-2000s. I think we have different opinions on what a 'doormat' in cfb is and thats where this argument is coming from. I say a team that averages 6-7 wins a season over the life of their program and has basically no real success in modern cfb (except a year or two here and there sprinkled around), to me, that is a doormat. That makes pre-SEC tamu AND Miss st both doormats. So thats our difference of opinion on 'doormats'. Not worth arguing. Now, back to the topic of Florida....

You want to hand Dan Mullen a coach of the year award at Florida before he coaches a single game, i disagree and say the stage at Florida is much bigger, the pressure there is much higher and he will lose the fan base before he has time to re-establish their program, you disagree. Thats fine. But if he only wins 6-7 games this year and fails to sign a top-10 recruiting class, you're going to see a fan base turn on their coach in Gainesville. They fired a man after winning the east 2 yrs in a row.

Here is some analysis and critical thinking for you: If Florida loses to Mississippi state in september, thats going to be a bad omen for Mullen. ESPECIALLY if he loses to Tennessee the week before. His seat will be red hot the first month of his coaching tenure down there. Add to that, his recruiting class likely falls apart if he loses to Tennessee, Mississippi state, FSU...South Carolina...Georgia..basically all his main recruiting opponents (very possible)...then you have a situation where Joe Moorhead at Miss st...ya, know, the first year ever HC at a cow town university that held Dan Mullen back all those years....suddenly has a win over AND signs a better class than decade-long-SEC-HC-Dan Mullen does... at a school that is a college football darling.

Reactions: Gandalf
I think it would serve Florida fans well to read the article about the talent level of Tennessee versus Florida. I think there is even a thread with that article here. Technically we essentially have the same talent. Its what the new head coaches do with it that will determine our game.

I think the reason Florida is getting more credit is because they have an easier schedule. Where we have Auburn and Alabama, they have LSU and Mississippi State. 8-4 is probably a reasonable expectation for them or even 9-3. Our stretch of games will make it hard for us to get there but I certainly believe we can beat Florida when they come here

I think it would serve Florida fans well to read the article about the talent level of Tennessee versus Florida. I think there is even a thread with that article here. Technically we essentially have the same talent. Its what the new head coaches do with it that will determine our game.

I think the reason Florida is getting more credit is because they have an easier schedule. Where we have Auburn and Alabama, they have LSU and Mississippi State. 8-4 is probably a reasonable expectation for them or even 9-3. Our stretch of games will make it hard for us to get there but I certainly believe we can beat Florida when they come here
I can't see Florida doing better than 7-5

Charleston Southern W
Kentucky W
Colorado State W
Tennessee L
Mississippi State L
LSU L
Vanderbilt W
Georgia L
Missouri W
South Carolina W
Idaho W
Florida State L

So Swampgas has a lack of Nega-Gators. What a shame.....No wonder Lawgator, Lawrence and the rest of the gators seek asylum on the Volnation site.

That's why Volnation is the premier blog site in all of college football...We are the "despair and balanced" blogging forum!

Give the Legion of Miserable the internet and you get the best blog.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

You want to hand Dan Mullen a coach of the year award at Florida before he coaches a single game, i disagree and say the stage at Florida is much bigger, the pressure there is much higher and he will lose the fan base before he has time to re-establish their program, you disagree. Thats fine. But if he only wins 6-7 games this year and fails to sign a top-10 recruiting class, you're going to see a fan base turn on their coach in Gainesville. They fired a man after winning the east 2 yrs in a row.
I don't think you've read my other posts in this thread about Mullen. I don't want to hand Mullen a coach of the year award already. All I've said is that it's obvious he knows how to identify and develop talent. The early recruiting returns haven't been good, and I said if I was a Florida fan that would concern me. At a big job like Florida, I don't think you can meet their expectations by taking 3-star kids and coaching them up. You have to take 4 and 5-star kids and coach them up, because Florida expects to win SEC titles and the occasional national title.

He has a shorter time to turn their program around than Pruitt will have to turn around ours. Mullen has about a year before his seat gets really hot. I think he can win 6-7 games this year. If by year 2 it is clear there isn't more improvement, he'll set himself up to be fired in year 3. Even Ron Zook got 3 years.

VN Store

Back