Florida better than expected?

Florida had the home field advantage and Utah didn’t have the athletes to keep up with Florida. The Utah quarterback just threw a bad ball on the last play. I think Tennessee has the athletes to compete with Florida and our offense will wear them down if they don’t start faking injuries. Billy Napier turned down his home state school twice so screw him and his sellout Saban loving a*s!
UTAH players were puking in the first quarter....

Took Florida all of one game to get a marquee win under Napier. We’re still waiting on one.
Hate to say I agree, but you're right. Should have beat Ole Miss last year for a marquee win. I think this off-season has been filled with such excitement about scoring lots of points and strong recruiting, that we forgot we lost to Perdue to finish last season. We shall see what 2022 holds...

Reactions: 08Vol
Yea him running the read option will give us fits I’m afraid.

I am sure someone else will point this out, but Florida doesn't scare me. - Not predicting a win, but they are pretty much a one trick pony. Who worries you besides their qb? Shut down or contain him and you shut them down. They will get stomped by Alabama and Georgia, yet to be seen how they do against us, and how they handle a rowdy Neyland and a fired up Tennessee team. They are pretty much who I thought they were - yet to be seen who we are and how much we have progressed or not progressed. We will have our hands full at Pitt - that should be our focus this week.

We won't know until the game get's played. But i don't see the guys on the HILL and the coaching staff not hungry enough for that game to take it to Florida. IF fla wins well so be it but i'm not gonna say right now that Richardson will do this or that to the Big O defense right now....Still have to play the game first...Always a shot if you come hungry enough to win with attention to detail...
If our boys can score often enough on them to make them play catch up and make them want to abandon the run, I could see where Richardson would have less success. But with the lack of pass rush and 3rd and Swiss cheese I'm not buying a good showing.

If our boys can score often enough on them to make them play catch up and make them want to abandon the run, I could see where Richardson would have less success. But with the lack of pass rush and 3rd and Swiss cheese I'm not buying a good showing.

Banks is in his swan song on The Hill. Lol

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Florida is exactly who I'd thought they'd be. They're a good team but I don't think they have enough horses to boat race us.
They have a lot of talent. Recruited really well. With the right coach they will be tough to deal with. This is not a give me game.

Reactions: 08Vol
I'm gonna withhold a conclusion until they play KY. The latter didn't impress me today but it's the first game for everyone this year. We'll find out more next week. I was surprised Utah pushed their DL around when they wanted to, haven't seen that much over the years. But is Utah really a #7?

Plus Richardson may come back down to earth.

I thought Utah was just okay. I wan’t impressed with them. Not even close to a 7 ranked team. Florida has a stud at QB (shocker) but it’s not like the guy put up 5 TDs. His legs bailed them out several times. We have guys like that too. I thought it was going to come down to whoever had the ball last. Rising didn’t live up to the hype. He forced a ball in coverage….bad decision… and almost gave it away earlier in the drive. I don’t know what to make of the Gators yet.

I like where we stand. We’ll see after next week and learn a little more about Florida too. Who wants to beat a Florida team that is down. I want to beat them when people are talking. about how great they are. ..even give them their first loss. I’ll feel so much better about it when that happens. Things are changing…should be fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Its called reality

No it’s not . We’ve watched one game , we are 1-0 , Pitt is 1-0 , Florida is 1-0 … the rest is BVS . There’s a thread asking what happens to coach’s confidence if we lose to Florida before anybody played a single game . If I had to be worried about something this early in the season … it would be the absolute beat down Georgia put on Oregon with basically a whole new defense . 😂

Last edited:
Incredible win. I’m very pleased with the offense and AR is exactly what we were hoping for.

The negative: interior DL had a bad second half vs the run and UF’s pass rush was less than what I expected.

Overall, I’m ecstatic with the win.

No it’s not . We’ve watched one game , we are 1-0 , Pitt is 1-0 , Florida is 1-0 … the rest is BVS . There’s a thread asking what happens to coach’s confidence if we lose to Florida before anybody played a single game . If I had to be worried about something this early in the season … it would be the absolute beat down Georgia put on Oregon with basically a whole new defense . 😂
Yea their offense looked remarkable today. Another debacle by Pruitt Ladd would have went here at the drop of a hat but he didn’t want him.

Some of you are a bunch of slack jawed pansies. Florida was a good team last year; they just quit on their coach. People were expecting the same undisciplined team to show up and roll over in Neyland. Well it’s not going to happen, hell I don’t want it to happen like that. We have to get over that hump and beat them. I want them undefeated when they roll into Neyland and I want to beat the hell out of them. Tennessee will never be truly back until they beat Florida consistently year in and out.

VN Store

Back