Florida better than expected?

Same Utah team that lost to Oregon State, BYU, and San Diego State last year. Sheez. If we did that we would fire our coach and be ranked 60th.
Wow this guys!! Yea Richardson is going to be a tough matchup.. you know what I’m not gonna get into this, we still don’t know enough about Tennessee to predict anything.

Reactions: stewart6600
If Florida Wins next week and we pull of the win we should both be ranked inside top 15 when we meet. They may be better than people were predicting.
I think Utah might have been a little overrated, weren’t they up by 35 on Ohio State and they ended up coming back and Utah lost… I’m not concerned yet, I think Utahs defense wasn’t very good, and there Qb missed open Receivers a lot.. I could be wrong, but I just don’t think that Utah team was very good..

Reactions: beachvol23
We have offensive skill position talent, particularly at WR and QB.

The rest is meh. And, I’m terrified at the prospect of our LOS play on both sides of the ball. And we will lose some games we probably shouldn’t because of it.

Hope not, but that’s what my intuition says.
I think it's safe to say that both offenses are gonna score. Four things make me confident about this game.

1. Hooker is a seasoned vet. He plays smart and he doesn't turn the ball over. He also pretty damn good with his legs.

2. We have 3 legit WRs that I don't think Fla can handle. That Utah WR was open all night.

3. Floridas D Line is not very good. They are particularly bad in the middle. We gonna be able to run the ball.

4. It's in Neyland and the crowd will be INSANE. Richardson will make a mistake or two. All our D has to do is bend but don't break. Our Offense is gonna score and score a lot.

Our Defense is gonna be better than some here think. They won't be world beaters. Not even close but all they have to be is average against teams like Pitt and Florida. Florida is gonna score a bunch of points. We are gonna score even more.

What's funny to me is if we switched teams and outcomes and the Vols barely beat Utah and it took a last second INT to do so while the Gators boat raced Ball St. most Vols fans would feel we would get beat by Florida. They would justify it somehow.

Honestly...guys, Florida looked ok. Utah is overrated, however the Utes gave that game away numerous times with not kicking a field goal twice in the redzone and going for it on fourth instead (their guy slipped on 2nd and goal and had a fine hole to run through on the 2 yd line). It never should have even been that close at the end. Utah handed them that game. UF has better athletes than Utah and so do we. Florida got outcoached tonight...ball bounced Florida's way.
That's the game I watched to. Utah had plenty of chances to put them game away and they blew it. You can't do that in The Swamp. That crowd was wild and helped those players stay motivated. I'm not saying Floridas bad. Hell I have thought they were a 7 to 8 win team all off season.. They were a very talented team last season. They just quit on Mullen. Florida kept hanging around and they did to Utah what Pitt did to WVU.. It's gonna be a wild game in Neyland. No doubt about it but our Offense is gonna be to much for them. Florida will score anywhere between 30 and 38. We will score anywhere between 38 to 48.

Reactions: beachvol23
Kentucky last year counts as one, imo. They were at least as good as this Utah team and possibly better.
Utah’s offense is good, but they also got screwed all night, the fix was in! Also, Utah’s defense is very slow, no they were not out of position, they’re SLOW. We have much better speed and athleticism despite our defensive deficiencies. Everyone remember Richardson is prone to injuries, he can’t do anything to the left, so the outlook is not as grim as some want it to be! We should be able to score 40+ on their defense! Lastly, as I’ve been saying ever since Florida hired BN, he makes in game boneheaded decisions and it only took first game at UF to show, but Richardson bailed him out! If they lose him to injury, they are screwed!

If Florida Wins next week and we pull of the win we should both be ranked inside top 15 when we meet. They may be better than people were predicting.
Seems to always be the case. They did look good last night. We didn't show much, so can't really say exactly how I feel about us. Our run game is questionable and defense is still a concern. We'll find out more against Pitt.

What's funny to me is if we switched teams and outcomes and the Vols barely beat Utah and it took a last second INT to do so while the Gators boat raced Ball St. most Vols fans would feel we would get beat by Florida. They would justify it somehow.
For 30 years it's usually those that feel we'll lose to UF that are right.

All we have to do to change that feeling is to start winning, otherwise those of us that have been around to see us lose 24 of the last 31 can't help but feel that way.

I think we'll have to score a ton to win as I expect Richardson to have 200 in the air and 200 on the ground.

In 40 years of fandom, it's hard to remember us stopping a mobile QB.

Utah is over-rated. Top 25 caliber, but not top 10. Poor coaching at the end, burning the last 2 timeouts and abandoning the run inside the red zone. No attempt to spike the ball to stop the clock.

What exactly did Pitt and Florida show you that makes you believe that?
My eyes tell me Pitt is better on both LOS and UF fielded a team with some athletes...especially at QB so that automatically gives them the advantage and an almost certain win over us until UT stops crapping the bed in that game. I've stated elsewhere that our OL hasn't impressed in the running game which makes me question how well we can run against teams like UF and Pitt when we need to? Maybe it's the old man in me but I don't like our "physicality" or at least what I've seen of it so far. At Pitt and anywhere vs UF...I don't like our prospects against either.

See I’m not sure we have a good enough run game. I think of us as a passing team way more than running team.
You people don’t watch the same Tennessee team as I have the past year and game. Coach runs and passes about equally (UT runs the ball far more than most realize). It’s truly about a 50/50 run/pass split. We are not a heavy pass team, we are simply really good at the pass game, and it translates as a passing team. Watch closer - and, Utah is over rated, and left that game inside the 5 , twice last night.

It would be easy to find justification because we almost always lose that game. One could argue that those calling UF a bad team and a win for UT lack any kind of justification for their stance based on the history of the series.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back