Florida better than expected?

Richardson will do whatever he wants to the Vols defense.
We won't know until the game get's played. But i don't see the guys on the HILL and the coaching staff not hungry enough for that game to take it to Florida. IF fla wins well so be it but i'm not gonna say right now that Richardson will do this or that to the Big O defense right now....Still have to play the game first...Always a shot if you come hungry enough to win with attention to detail...

For the first time in forever I'm not expecting to loose. Heup is the reason for that. We have the talent to win both and we finally have a leader that won't be outcoached. That's the difference

We have offensive skill position talent, particularly at WR and QB.

The rest is meh. And, I’m terrified at the prospect of our LOS play on both sides of the ball. And we will lose some games we probably shouldn’t because of it.

Hope not, but that’s what my intuition says.

Florida is playing as a well disciplined team right now. Hopefully it’s a fluke. If not we have a lot on our hands when we play them and that’s not good.

Yall won't win the east or anything, but I wouldn't be worried about the game against us. Yall will beat us just like you do most every year.

I would still take Tennessee. As with all teams, we will learn more as the season goes along.

Florida did confirm what I thought tonight. They aren't the trash that ended the year last season.

1st game. lots of positives. several negatives.

This kind of statement is usually reactionary and over the top, but it's the first Florida football game I've ever seen that a Florida defensive lineman didn't make a play all night.

That was the most concerning thing I saw. I don't know what to make of the back 7 because the front 4 got mauled.

Yup.

In fairness, Utah's o line is outstanding and experienced. But yes, d line is the greatest weakness on this UF team.

1st game. lots of positives. several negatives.

This kind of statement is usually reactionary and over the top, but it's the first Florida football game I've ever seen that a Florida defensive lineman didn't make a play all night.

That was the most concerning thing I saw. I don't know what to make of the back 7 because the front 4 got mauled.

We are mostly in the same boat there.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Let's focus on Pitt first before anyone else....I mean damn......really?
No one said not focus on Pitt actually said hope we beat Pitt so undefeated and if Fl is then both be ranked. Post was simply about Fl being better than what they were predicted . 6-6 is what a lot were predicting

Yep unfortunately Florida look better , more disciplined that’s a credit to the coaching. I’m worried Richardson is gonna run wild on us.

Reactions: 08Vol
Great...Florida has a better than most mobile Quarterback...yeah...

200.gif

Multiple media outlets are already projecting him as a 1st round NFL pick. He did nothing tonight to disprove that prediction.

Reactions: 08Vol and Jdw2920
Florida looked good. But a lot of factors at play imo.

Utah had to travel east which is always tough. Time change and what not. We always struggled on the west coast ourselves.

Utah doesn’t deserve to be number 7. It’s opening week and you find out who the contenders and pretenders are.

The Swamp is a tough place to play.

Richardson had an amazing game.

That being said…even during the Muschamp and Zook years when they sucked, they still found a way to beat us. It’s almost like it’s mental or we are cursed at this point. I never thought that we would blow them out this year.

Honestly...guys, Florida looked ok. Utah is overrated, however the Utes gave that game away numerous times with not kicking a field goal twice in the redzone and going for it on fourth instead (their guy slipped on 2nd and goal and had a fine hole to run through on the 2 yd line). It never should have even been that close at the end. Utah handed them that game. UF has better athletes than Utah and so do we. Florida got outcoached tonight...ball bounced Florida's way.

I would still take Tennessee. As with all teams, we will learn more as the season goes along.

Florida did confirm what I thought tonight. They aren't the trash that ended the year last season.
Nah. They were calm and calculated on their game winning drive.

Y'all aren't very deep on the DL, but the rushing of AR15, Johnson, Wright can keep the ball in your possession protecting the defense.

Tennessee is different type of challenge.
We have more speed than Utah of offense.
It's all about match ups...

I'm not sure Tennessee could beat Utah, but I still like the way Tennessee matches up with Florida. Looking forward to seeing how our teams develop.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back