Flopping Rule (merged)

I expect there will be a rule change this off-season. BUT, if we’re still dealing with this chit next year, I completely support taking the flopping to the extreme and ruining a game.

If we could get UGA or bama on prime-time ESPN and make the game last 6+ hours that might do the trick. Line up, flop, line up again, flop again, etc. Fug it, make the 1st quarter last 6 hours. Make the first play last 6 hours. Just flop around all night until the rule is changed then and there.

What's sad is that is probably gonna to take something that extreme against one of the big market teams to have any effect.Common sense says they put some simple rule in like has been discussed with sitting out the series,but I have no faith they will do a damn thing quiet honestly.

They could also institute a substitution limit like soccer uses. Each quarter you can sub a certain amount of times and once you are past that you have to call timeout to sub past the limit.
Don’t think that would work. Special teams such as punt team, punt return team, field goal, nickel and dime packages, goal line all would be practically eliminated and also fewer players would see significant playing time as you penalize 2nd and 3rd team players. Injuries,real or flop, should be treated the same with a minimum time off the field, even if it is a QB. The only exception to just missing 1 play could be an equipmental malfunction like a broken chin strap, loosing a shoe, or helmet coming off. And yes I do agree with eliminating the the non injured players from going to the sidelines during a play stoppage for injury. Refs should keep the remaining players together in the middle of the field unless they use a timeout, and only allow the injured player to be substituted for.

The other thing that should happen is that the teams should not be allowed to 'huddle' with the coaches. They should go to a neutral corner (maybe their side of the 50 on the logo?) as it were and stay away from the sidelines. It's being used as a free timeout to work on strategy as well as slowing down up tempo offenses. If they DO go to the sidelines, they should get charged a TO.
How about only the team with injury is prevented from huddling. We’re usually talking about defensive i”injuries” so the offense gets a benefit not a penalty

Some of these folks suggestions are more complicated than the NCAA. For goodness sakes, if you go down you are out for the rest of the series. End of problem, period. But when does the NCAA ever do something simple and easy.GBO
It’s not that easy, how do the officials police it? I KN ow it’s easy to record the player number when they go out, but with double numbers and free substitution how do they make sure a player doesn’t slip back in. That why a number of free injury TO will be more accepted by officials. I do like the idea that only the injured player can be subbed for and no coach contact

VN Store

Back