Flopping Rule (merged)

No reason to over complicate this. Make it simple, you go down and cause a stoppage in play, you are out for the series. I don't want some complicated 5 bullet rule that has to be mansplained by the announcers 5 times a game for eternity.
This but only on the defensive side

Sadly I hate the flop as I think it’s just crappy sportsmanship and I definitely feel new rules here are required. However until those rules exist an opposing coach would be a fool ( albeit slimy) not to use it against an up tempo offense.

If a defensive player goes down for an injury of any kind that stops play, even if it’s just the breath knocked out of them, they sit out the remainder of that possession. That should end it

I'd go further than that. If a player (offense or defense) is too injured to remove himself from the field of play he should sit the rest of the game. If he truly is that injured it's in his best interest to sit. If it's a minor, he should get off the field and let play continue.

Not only is it an unsavory ploy and unsportsman like, it's draining years off of spectators lives. It's really unbearable.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Penalty needs to be like ice hockey box.Injury stopping play should be a 5 min. box fine. Alabama Flag.jpg and you have to share the box with 1st and 2nd cousins.

Reactions: feathersax
I'd go further than that. If a player (offense or defense) is too injured to remove himself from the field of play he should sit the rest of the game. If he truly is that injured it's in his best interest to sit. If it's a minor, he should get off the field and let play continue.

Not only is it an unsavory ploy and unsportsman like, it's draining years off of spectators lives. It's really unbearable.

Until our best WR lands on the ball and loses his breath and has to sit for the whole game. The rules would go both ways. Pass.

Reactions: DrTNT
The announcers doing the game that's on now, WSU vs CM, talked about it. They talked about it happening in our game last night.

Reactions: feathersax
College football better get a handle quickly on the flopping. The game is changing to fast strike offenses and 5 hour football games is going to result in a lot of empty seats.
The way to stop it is this. As soon as the defensive player is taken off the field have an offensive player go down for cramps. Make a game drag out for about six hours on national tv versus a team like Bama and see what happens. Start messing with tv money and it gets addressed.

Until our best WR lands on the ball and loses his breath and has to sit for the whole game. The rules would go both ways. Pass.
With all the video available, it would be fairly easy to see who’s legit and who’s not. Theirs (and Ole Miss) were blatant. Just walking around and look at sideline and fall like they just died. That one boy kept pecking at his leg like he was trying to legitimize it. We all saw right through it. Not a thing wrong with him. But if a player (Turnage, I think) had legit injury (got rolled up), all of that is available ok video. The employment of a “sky judge” is a viable option.

Reactions: volnut1 and DrTNT
With all the video available, it would be fairly easy to see who’s legit and who’s not. Theirs (and Ole Miss) were blatant. Just walking around and look at sideline and fall like they just died. That one boy kept pecking at his leg like he was trying to legitimize it. We all saw right through it. Not a thing wrong with him. But if a player (Turnage, I think) had legit injury (got rolled up), all of that is available ok video. The employment of a “sky judge” is a viable option.
I agree, but nobody is ever gonna sit someone an entire game. And if they did, a coach would just pick a designated flopper and not care anyways

This was a major factor in Purdue's victory. The flopped almost as badly as Ole Miss and just a little more than Georgia did. Vols run the ball on 1st down for the purpose of setting up the 2nd down pass play......that has to be the reason, b/c for 3 1/2 quarters, the first down run was just a wasted play. When Purdue faked the injuries, it allowed them to sub in the players they wanted in the game and set up their defense for 2nd and long. It's unethical at best and cheating at it's core. Only a classless program would fake that many injuries.

I don't know what the answer is for this, the other angle that has to be looked at is 3rd stringer who would other wise not play being sent in for injury. This can get complicated.....
You just always attack the third stringer who is put in for that situation. Unless it’s like Alabama where there is no drop off, that should address it

Reactions: Sara Clark
I believe there should be a rule change in regard to what has been blatantly occurring multiple times (a player is able to jump around and celebrate the second their foot hits the sideline, saw it multiple times last night) this year. When a player is injured, if we’re honestly concerned about player safety as they say all the time, that player has to sit out the entirety of the current drive. If it is obvious that the intent is to delay the next snap, i.e. walking around then all of the sudden goes to a knee or falls to ground (would have to checked on one of the multiple camera angles while player is down obviously) then it’s a delay of game penalty against the Defense (as it is miraculously always defensive players suffering from these cramps & hamstrings) and automatic first down for the offense. There’s no place in the game for that kind of shoddy play/action, so make the penalty severe to discourage it.
saw it also

Reactions: volnut1 and DrTNT
Wasting your time with all this. This should be obvious, but they're not going to create a penalty for being hurt, ever. And honestly, you shouldn't need me or anybody else to tell you that.
You’re right they will just get better at acting. However, the guy last night was pointing to his coach and to the ground then just took a knee. That’s penalty worthy.

They are never going to make “injuries” subjective where an official delivers a ruling on whether he believes the player truly injured themselves.

Only a pre determined period of plays or time.

Reactions: mercuryvol
I'm more than willing to accept it both ways, that's the only way it works, and yes, I've seen Tennessee players flop as well. It needs to be addressed and resolved.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

VN Store

Back