'20 FL WR Leonard Manuel

The NCAA doesn't have the authority to keep a kid from committing. Those are just words and they can't control such words. All they can do is make the rule that a school can't offer before the senior year. Committing without an offer is silly, although players this good assume they'd get the offer when allowed.

I realize that. I was making the same point from a different angle. Kids have the freedom to commit and decommit as often as they desire and schools have the freedom to offer kids playing per wee ball if they so choose. We fans have zero say in it.

that's an odd argument that people make. If newt contradicted himself by lauding 2020 recruits to osu, that would be one thing, but you can't debate the topic based on what some other people might say. People do this all the time. We are not a collective. Some people would say "harbaugh sleeps over with freshmen" if he committed to michigan, but that has nothing to do with newts pov. You can't argue against one mans views based on how hypothetical people may respond if things went differently. Well, you can, it just doesn't make any sense.

If he committed to florida people would say, "i knew it"? Some? All? If he committed to ole miss people would say, "won't be long the ncaa is coming"? If he committed to memphis people would say, "memphis pulling 5s while we get 3s"? If he committed to texas people would say, "herman is creating a monster in texas"? If he committed to fla atl people would say, "lane is a scumbag"? If he committed to kansas people would say, "how long until he decommits"? If he committed to wisconsin people would say, "i love tacos".

:rock:
wtf

Reactions: 1 person
Because I have an opinion and its not always puppies and rainbows.

We are aware of your opinion man. That doesn't change the fact that most of us would just simply like to be positive about the situation. Maybe he sticks, maybe he doesn't. At this point, oh well, I'd just rather dwell on the positive than look at an elite athlete and potential 5 star committing to us and more or less acting like there's no way he sticks because it's too early.

We are aware of your opinion man. That doesn't change the fact that most of us would just simply like to be positive about the situation. Maybe he sticks, maybe he doesn't. At this point, oh well, I'd just rather dwell on the positive than look at an elite athlete and potential 5 star committing to us and more or less acting like there's no way he sticks because it's too early.

We both have the freedom to look at how we wish, I am not condemning nor trying to talk you out of your view, simply stating my own on the matter...

Lane offered a 6th grader today.

Came out of the blue. He's not doing any interviews. He knows Kevin Beard and the relationship there was key it appears. Will be hard to hold I would think with all the in state schools in Florida wanting him.

-- Hubbs

We both have the freedom to look at how we wish, I am not condemning nor trying to talk you out of your view, simply stating my own on the matter...

Lane offered a 6th grader today.

Nor am I attempting to talk you out of yours sir, but you do have a tendency to post said opinion in... many, many threads. That's all.

Last edited:
Nor am I attempting to talk you out of yours sir, but you do have a tendency to post said opinion in... many, many threads. That's all.

Good grief I mentioned it in this one and backed up with the Reed decommit. Man you guys are touchy.:mf_surrender:

That seems to be the purpose of a message board, in my opinion.

75b048306044d0fd06ca9c2abf8c5aa0.jpg

He could be the Cade Mays of 2020 for us. Commit early and be the anchor and foundation of the class.

Beard Hired - "can't wait for him to use his S FLA connections to bring in some of those studs"

Beard lands a ScFla stud - freak out about when he may or may not stick

I'd rather try to hold onto him than never get him

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back