'20 FL WR Leonard Manuel

Kid sounds incredibly mature for a 9th grader if he wrote that himself. Wow.

Rival Challenge WR MVP in Orlando.

Youth was served at the wide receiver position as Manuel, a 2020 from Vanguard, won a tight battle for Wide Receiver MVP honors. The massive freshman stood 6-foot-5 and looked like a future defensive end. But when running routes, especially off the line of scrimmage. he was all wide out. He has double digit early offers from the likes of Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Miami, Louisville and others.

Not bad for a Freshman. I hope the staff comtinues to build relationships and get a hook in him early.I

With that size as a freshman, he could be the 2nd coming of Calvin Johnson. Like a lot u all have said, way too early to think this commit will stick, but if he does, what an amazing coup, right in the middle of Gator land. I love big WRs and they don't get much bigger than Manuel. Beard and his Florida connections are paying off. Hopefully, he will still be on the staff, in 2020

Vegas set the over/under at 2 for the number of commitments he makes before signing day.

Reactions: 1 person
Leonard Manuel hudl

MMqJQW.gif

NCAA violation will blow this recruit up. Look at the logo at the 50YL. :thud:

If I were a head coach I would not take commits over a year out from their senior year. It sets a bad precedent and is frankly ridiculous.

If I were a head coach I would not take commits over a year out from their senior year. It sets a bad precedent and is frankly ridiculous.

I understand not pushing for a commitment this early but if a kid this talented with this many offers wants to commit you can't say no.

Reactions: 8 people
Well yeah you can at least he can be a silent. You can say "listen you have a lot of football ahead of you and we are going to be watching you and supporting you but commitments mean something so lets wait to till you are further along in your career to make that huge decision so we both know its the right one."

I understand not pushing for a commitment this early but if a kid this talented with this many offers wants to commit you can't say no.

Dylan Moses is the only other rising sophomore I have seen with an offer list like this. It's unbelievable: FSU, Miami, Florida, USC (both of them), Alabama, Michigan and Auburn.

If you were a head coach you wouldn't offer anyone until their senior year has been completed.

Well yeah you can at least he can be a silent. You can say "listen you have a lot of football ahead of you and we are going to be watching you and supporting you but commitments mean something so lets wait to till you are further along in your career to make that huge decision so we both know its the right one."

Kid commits early and sticks - great, helps recruit for several years, shows classes in front of him that he knows UT is the place for him years in advance, gives UT lots of publicity as the words "UT Commit" are attached to his name for multiple recruiting cycles at camps and AA games

Kid commits early and decommits - neutral, kid commits and there is a change in coaches or some other factor that causes a decommit, could be used for negative press against UT but can be explained, can cause ulcers for certain groups of fans but they are gonna have ulcers anyway.

Kid waits to commit and sticks - good/great, depending on when and how he commits he could still recruit or bring more publicity to UT with a major commitment ceremony, if kids wait to commit they lose the opportunity to recruit for UT. Pluses and minuses

Basically, no matter when a kid wants to commit, you take him. It gets you good publicity. If the kid doesn't stick, there are plenty of reasons to be offered up as to why it didn't work out. Committed to early, coaching change, new offers, academic situation led them elsewhere...

Reactions: 3 people
If you were a head coach you wouldn't offer anyone until their senior year has been completed.

I would develop relationships as early as needed but yeah probably not offer till at least after their sophomore season and usually after their junior season. Of course my offers would be real and commit-able. I would not want to take a commitment before their junior season.

Exactly. Corbin committed to UT, decommitted a couple weeks later, and is now committed to another school. Kids view commitments like they view high school relationships. They often don't truly know what they are looking for and when something that looks good comes along, they grab it. Then they realize that maybe they like that other good looking thing over there and grab it instead. If the NCAA really wanted to stop the commit/decommit issue, they could make a rule that prospective student athletes are not permitted to verbally commit to any school until at minimum 12 months from their scheduled signing day with their prospective university. Then you would have any commits for the 19 football class until after the 18 class has their signing day.

It won't happen, but it is the only way to stop it. Schools are not going to stop taking early commitments, because it brings their schools name up in social media and when the kids go to camps and such.

Reactions: 2 people
Kid commits early and sticks - great, helps recruit for several years, shows classes in front of him that he knows UT is the place for him years in advance, gives UT lots of publicity as the words "UT Commit" are attached to his name for multiple recruiting cycles at camps and AA games

Kid commits early and decommits - neutral, kid commits and there is a change in coaches or some other factor that causes a decommit, could be used for negative press against UT but can be explained, can cause ulcers for certain groups of fans but they are gonna have ulcers anyway.

Kid waits to commit and sticks - good/great, depending on when and how he commits he could still recruit or bring more publicity to UT with a major commitment ceremony, if kids wait to commit they lose the opportunity to recruit for UT. Pluses and minuses

Basically, no matter when a kid wants to commit, you take him. It gets you good publicity. If the kid doesn't stick, there are plenty of reasons to be offered up as to why it didn't work out. Committed to early, coaching change, new offers, academic situation led them elsewhere...

Solid post. I approve. And I'm sure reading those words make the effort you took to type all that worthwhile.

Please stop with the rational posts. It just gets lost in all of the snide remarks and handwringing about how this kid is going to decommit next week. :no:

I understand why people think this but I would offer two points

The majority of commitments do stick and only commit and sign w one school

If you feel this way the recruiting forum seems like an odd place for you to reside

Reactions: 1 person

Kid commits but gets cut loose late by our lying, unethical coaching staff - TERRIBLE.

- Bruin

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back