‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Don't have a clue if our staff would wink at Spyre for a big check for an OL or not IF IF IF he is really having second thoughts. Could it cause problems in a room with lots of guys in it and on our future menus? I have kicked this around since our first pass miss on him and simply cannot reach a solid conclusion and for sure have no inside information source.

Exactly. I don’t see why this is difficult to understand. Jerome Carvin was basically telling Francis, “Hey, you really should reconsider joining the Big Orange”, and Mauigoa responded favorably with (my interpretation), “Yeah bro, it’s got my attention.”

I look at it like

Carvin:. "Hey look at what we just did/are doing"

GM:. "Yeah, I see you."

I just watched the Miami/MTSU game. Miami is hot garbage. MTSU was more physical in every way and their Oline couldn't block my daughters.

I understand they threw a pile of money at FM, but there is no way I would want to play for that school.

The football team yes, the surrounding area nope, we have to recruit against that too. Big reason I don't understand any young man wanting to attend Auburn.

Everybody has confirmed that they gave him 12.5 million over 4 years. We actually had him in the boat until they gave him a last minute call the morning of his commitment. Upped the over a little bit

12.5 over 4 years, what’s your source on that?

I think you're thinking of Carnel Tate. AP said this dude was going for the most money.

The post said he turned down more money. I thought at the time that was unusual to do something like that in this day and age. Pretty sure it was in the Muigoa (SP) thread or post. I definatly could be wrong.

What a player is worth changes based on your resources.

Yes, but there is always going to be a limit to what you can spend. You have 85 scholarship players. All will expect some sort of NIL money. Plus Spyre does not just cater to the football team. Player evaluations will play a part in what teams are willing to allocate to a certain player and even a position group. They'll always be players we miss on because some teams will value them more than our coaches.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yes, but there is always going to be a limit to what you can spend. You have 85 scholarship players. All will expect some sort of NIL money. Plus Spyre does not just cater to the football team. Player evaluations will play a part in what teams are willing to allocate to a certain player and even a position group. They'll always be players we miss on because some teams will value them more than our coaches.

Sure. But the point is we can value players higher if we have more capital. So if we had millions more, we can budget more for a guard. Which I think was the real issue here. The uncertainty regarding his ability to play OT

Count him and Jared Verse as two known we’ve lost due to NIL.

Donate to Spyre, y’all.

Still not convinced our leadership would even match their offer, much less top it. The risk/reward for spending that money as well as the value proposition for this player in our staff's eyes I would love to know. Might be a great prospect, but not great enough to pay the price. Once again would love to see the war room wall. Wonder if the priorities are changing with performances, good and bad, on the field?

Would love to have this guy. But we offered too much, and still got out bid.

We don't need an elite OT, or even LT to run this offense.

Carnell Tate is the same. Look how we just reload at WR without overpaying.

I'm all for these kids to get their paper, but Tennessee is on the rise because they are getting good coaching and good transfers.

Reactions: swampfoxfan

VN Store

Back