‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Sure. But the point is we can value players higher if we have more capital. So if we had millions more, we can budget more for a guard. Which I think was the real issue here. The uncertainty regarding his ability to play OT
Yeah, if we had unlimited money then yeah, you could buy your team. I just don't think you'll ever have enough money. Teams will always have to weigh a players skill to how much they are willing to pay. According to people I've talked to, (TIFWIW) didn't think he was worth what Miami was promising. They thought they could get someone with a similar skill set that wasn't going to eat up that much NIL. Also, I've been told the staff avoids players that are just looking to go to the highest bidder.

Yeah, if we had unlimited money then yeah, you could buy your team. I just don't think you'll ever have enough money. Teams will always have to weigh a players skill to how much they are willing to pay. According to people I've talked to, (TIFWIW) didn't think he was worth what Miami was promising. They thought they could get someone with a similar skill set that wasn't going to eat up that much NIL. Also, I've been told the staff avoids players that are just looking to go to the highest bidder.
Facts...Most schools are treating NIL like a salary cap. Texas A&M for instance threw out insane money for that last class but have been behind the 8ball with the current class. Spyre has a sustainable model but us fans definitely have to continue to donate.

I like that if true. They have worked too hard on rebuilding the culture to take that chance. Believe they are looking for team guys, not me guys.

Any player that goes to the highest bidder, for that reason alone, is likely to do that again through the portal.

Would love to have this guy. But we offered too much, and still got out bid.

We don't need an elite OT, or even LT to run this offense.

Carnell Tate is the same. Look how we just reload at WR without overpaying.

I'm all for these kids to get their paper, but Tennessee is on the rise because they are getting good coaching and good transfers.
Absolutely!

Reactions: LittleVol

I'm all for these kids to get their paper, but Tennessee is on the rise because they are getting good coaching and good transfers.
Yep and one other benefit is that it reveals what drives/motivates the recruit. If that's their only focus, we're better off without them.

Curious, where would you invest other than QB?

A pass rushing defensive end. Two shut down corners. A rangy outside linebacker with good height and speed to play pass coverage.
You writing your letter to Santa Claus? Sounds a lot like my wish list. I've also wished for a 6'2 250lb solid muscle MLB who runs a 4.4 40, has a 4.0gpa,
a 37" vertical, works like a rented mule and hits like a pissed off Mike Tyson.

I hope this dude got a lot of money to go to Miami. But I still think he’s making a mistake. The kids that get drafted are the kids that end up playing on top 10 teams. When you look at Bama and Georgia with how many kids they are getting drafted every year it is because they get to play in so many high profile games. Tennessee is on the verge of that same status. Just compare the scene this past Saturday at Tennessee versus what Mauigoa would’ve witnessed if he’d have went to Miami (not sure if he was in attendance). But seriously, not sure how anyone could feel that school of headed in the right direction quicker than us. Like I said…hope he makes a lot of money there because he’d be much more likely to make that nfl $ with us

Last edited:
VN be like....

power-hayden-christensen.gif
😆

What did we offer?

VN Store

Back