‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Curious, where would you invest other than QB?
In general, or for UTs 2023 remaining recruiting class?

for this class TE and OT are top priotities imo. Unless Duncan switches to offense.
Actually we need to transfer portal TE. It's that dire of a situation.
And yes we need good OTs. but we don't need great ones or OT's that think they can be paid as a great one. Part of the beauty of our scheme is that our pace wears down edge rushers.

In general other than QB...definitely a great Edge. Great edge guys can cover up all 3 levels of mediocre defense on any given play.

The interesting side is how our OL is viewed at the end of the season. We have the potential to get 4 people drafted off this current OL in the next 2 years. That should be eye opening to other OL out there they they will be developed.
give it time.

This whole program is elevating in a way I have never seen. I became a fan of the Vols when they were already dominant. So this is really new

Sure. But the point is we can value players higher if we have more capital. So if we had millions more, we can budget more for a guard. Which I think was the real issue here. The uncertainty regarding his ability to play OT

We don’t have a guy like Ruiz at Miami who doesn’t care to throw millions around haphazardly. We don’t have the unlimited oil money like TAMU and TX has. And think about it, even with all that money, neither one of those teams are going to out recruit Bama or UGA this year. We don’t have unlimited money.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
We don’t have a guy like Ruiz at Miami who doesn’t care to throw millions around haphazardly. We don’t have the unlimited oil money like TAMU and TX has. And think about it, even with all that money, neither one of those teams are going to out recruit Bama or UGA this year. We don’t have unlimited money.

No one has unlimited money. We do have a lot of money. And more people donating helps

In general, or for UTs 2023 remaining recruiting class?

for this class TE and OT are top priotities imo. Unless Duncan switches to offense.
Actually we need to transfer portal TE. It's that dire of a situation.
And yes we need good OTs. but we don't need great ones or OT's that think they can be paid as a great one. Part of the beauty of our scheme is that our pace wears down edge rushers.

In general other than QB...definitely a great Edge. Great edge guys can cover up all 3 levels of mediocre defense on any given play.
I hadn’t even thought about TE. After Warren and Fant I don’t even know who we have.

Wonder if Darnell Washington is content sitting behind Bowers for another year

We're one of the richest schools in the country as far as donors go. 11 billionaire alums.

No OL is worth even close to that

Not. One. Single. OL.

That's ridiculous...

QB is the only position that comes close and I think that's too much. The $8MM for Nico "allegedly" would be my max. Nico worth that tho.

Next in line would be Edge Passer Rusher and CB. Those the only other two who I would go up to 7 figures a year for.

Where was this confirmed?
I never heard actual dollar amounts, but it was said he was all Vol until Ruiz came in with an offer the family could not refuse. So whatever dollar amount was well above what Tennessee/Spyre was willing to pay. Ruiz has been ridiculous with his spending. If Miami struggles, I'm hoping he gets disillusioned and pulls back on some of his offers.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I never heard actual dollar amounts, but it was said he was all Vol until Ruiz came in with an offer the family could not refuse. So whatever dollar amount was well above what Tennessee/Spyre was willing to pay. Ruiz has been ridiculous with his spending. If Miami struggles, I'm hoping he gets disillusioned and pulls back on some of his offers.
Does losing to MTSU constitute struggling?

VN Store

Back