'20 FL OL Richie Leonard (Florida commit)

"because next year on signing day we will be up there at the very top.”
He also later said he wouldn't let ranking services tell him who that was.
The trick is to find an article that has both. Most are just clickbait.

Ya, I remember him sayin exactly that, which is why I called out those other posts. If we are going to complain, we at least need to complain about reality. He didn’t say we’d have the number one class... not even Saban would promise that.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Ya, I remember him sayin exactly that, which is why I called out those other posts. If we are going to complain, we at least need to complain about reality. He didn’t say we’d have the number one class... not even Saban would promise that.
Yeah, he went on to talk about rosters being determined by needs and several other things, in a follow up, but it was hardly written about.
I had a full article on my laptop. That laptop unfortunately met a premature demise after 2 months in my son's hands..

It will be missed but not forgotten.

I think it's funny how everyone in here is getting "hype" over a low ranked 3 star and think that his offer should be commitable. He would have to jump nearly 450 spots to be considered a 4 star. I'm tired of hearing the excuses for this by you all saying, "you can't look at his ranking" or "I trust this staff." This staff made a promise saying we would have a top 5 recruiting class this year and taking player like this dude, Jackson, the wide receiver that I can't think of at this moment and giving a scholarship to a long snapper is not gonna get us there.

If it makes you feel better he will likely pick either FSU or UF over UT, then you won’t have to worry.

A friend of mine was a long snapper in college and trains long snappers now. The one we offered has the best distance times ( from snapper to either holder and/or punter) among those ever measured, he was going to get a scholly from practically everyone

No, no, no... this is how crap gets out of hand. You think you might recall hearing that some guy said that a high school kid mentioned that a coach told him we'd have a top 5 class. Now you're coming in here and declaring it as a truth... as if Pruitt promised all us little fans a top 5 class. That's not cool at all.

Just the facts, ma'am.
I never said I think I might recall. I said a recruit specifically said coach told him we would have a top 5 class. That's how sh** starts. People like you, change the wording to push your own narrative.

If it makes you feel better he will likely pick either FSU or UF over UT, then you won’t have to worry.

A friend of mine was a long snapper in college and trains long snappers now. The one we offered has the best distance times ( from snapper to either holder and/or punter) among those ever measured, he was going to get a scholly from practically everyone
Yeah I'm not upset with giving the kid a scholarship. Hell, he is number 2 in the nation at his position. I was just stating that if we take a lot of these lower rates player are going to hurt our over all ranking as a team and would make it hard to be in the top 10 let alone the top 5.

Yeah I'm not upset with giving the kid a scholarship. Hell, he is number 2 in the nation at his position. I was just stating that if we take a lot of these lower rates player are going to hurt our over all ranking as a team and would make it hard to be in the top 10 let alone the top 5.
1559261011878.gif

I never said I think I might recall. I said a recruit specifically said coach told him we would have a top 5 class. That's how sh** starts. People like you, change the wording to push your own narrative.

Wow. Okay man... take care. So glad to hear we're gonna have a top 5 class.

2018 Signing Day Article

Now you can parse out why "right at the top " and 'best in America' are two completely different things.

No idea what this post is supposed to mean. Are you saying that "right at the top" means #1? You said that Pruitt promised us the #1 class in 2019. All I said was "he didn't say that."

Wow. Okay man... take care. So glad to hear we're gonna have a top 5 class.

No idea what this post is supposed to mean. Are you saying that "right at the top" means #1? You said that Pruitt promised us the #1 class in 2019. All I said was "he didn't say that."
Now I remember who you are. You are the only person I had on the ignore list, so I decided to take you off. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

I think a few people miss some of the paper 4 stars just to feel good. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it still early? Yes. Am I going to Kandahar in 27 days and realize that there’s better things to cry about? Yes. Why am I typing this? I’m bored and the ball and chain is at Harris Teeter.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Now I remember who you are. You are the only person I had on the ignore list, so I decided to take you off. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Fare enough... not sure why anyone would put me on ignore. I mostly just post stupid stuff, trying to be funny. You obviously have pretty thin skin.

Any other time you would be disappointed in recruiting if we were take these lower rated recruits but for some reason you are now ok with them.
You don’t seem clued in on how it works. Look at Jacobs at Bama last year...Pruitt learned from the best.

18 P5 offers including all three Florida schools...5 or so sec offers and another 5 or so ACC offers... Notables.. Oregon, wash st, UNC, Miami, FSU, Uf, UK, and TN.

Solid offer list.

Looks like we're not the only ones who think he can play.

we are def in a position to be choosy. if he can play, bring him on.

Sounds like someone else listened to the VQ podcast when they were talking about Butch 4* from Florida that didn’t have offers from FSU or UF.
I actually didnt. I've just picked up on some recruiting trends through the years.

I remember Phil taking #50 ranked O-line commits, playing for championships with them, and graduating them to the NFL.

OL development and coaching is more important than stars at that position. One of those spots I’ll trust a staff eval over a site ranking because the sites focus so much on camps which is fine for skill positions but doesn’t tell all for OL. Stars are nice as it increases odds but I look more at who is recruiting a kid and their style of offense when it comes to OL.

Side note: not saying anything specific to this kid as I havent looked into him

I think it's funny how everyone in here is getting "hype" over a low ranked 3 star and think that his offer should be commitable. He would have to jump nearly 450 spots to be considered a 4 star. I'm tired of hearing the excuses for this by you all saying, "you can't look at his ranking" or "I trust this staff." This staff made a promise saying we would have a top 5 recruiting class this year and taking player like this dude, Jackson, the wide receiver that I can't think of at this moment and giving a scholarship to a long snapper is not gonna get us there.

L O freakin' L. There are some posters who give me a chuckle every time I read their delusional drivel.

VN Store

Back