'20 FL OL Richie Leonard (Florida commit)

Hard to believe that’s what you wanted for us. Honing the fine edges of a 54th ranked recruiting class. At least he’s overpaid as you advocated UT to do...printing money to half-azz coach an uninspired bunch while still making bank from the two NFL teams that fired him for incompetence. Dare to dream...dare to dream.
I don't think there's any way to know what he would've done here or how well or poorly he would've recruited. Couldn't have been much worse than what we have now. Be interesting to see how many games he wins this year with that class.

I don't think there's any way to know what he would've done here or how well or poorly he would've recruited. Couldn't have been much worse than what we have now. Be interesting to see how many games he wins this year with that class.
It definitely COULD be worse...it was! What’s the difference between 11th and the 50’s? And Chip Kelly inherited a top 10 class and it ended up in the 20’s! Who can’t pull 4 star recruits out of California and has two thumbs up his azz? Chip Kelly guy. 😎

We haven't got commitments from any 5 star recruits so far this year, which was promised under this supposed all star recruiting staff. I want Pruitt to succeed but so far he hasn't proved much in the way of recruiting this year.

But, but...Pruitt promised me....

giphy.gif

If his offer isn't committable (I don't know), it is hard to believe Tennessee would burn an official visit in June for a prospect unless they were ready and willing to take a commitment

I think it's funny how everyone in here is getting "hype" over a low ranked 3 star and think that his offer should be commitable. He would have to jump nearly 450 spots to be considered a 4 star. I'm tired of hearing the excuses for this by you all saying, "you can't look at his ranking" or "I trust this staff." This staff made a promise saying we would have a top 5 recruiting class this year and taking player like this dude, Jackson, the wide receiver that I can't think of at this moment and giving a scholarship to a long snapper is not gonna get us there.

I think it's funny how everyone in here is getting "hype" over a low ranked 3 star and think that his offer should be commitable. He would have to jump nearly 450 spots to be considered a 4 star. I'm tired of hearing the excuses for this by you all saying, "you can't look at his ranking" or "I trust this staff." This staff made a promise saying we would have a top 5 recruiting class this year and taking player like this dude, Jackson, the wide receiver that I can't think of at this moment and giving a scholarship to a long snapper is not gonna get us there.
sir this is a Wendy's

K 😴

Reactions: jakez4ut
If his offer isn't committable (I don't know), it is hard to believe Tennessee would burn an official visit in June for a prospect unless they were ready and willing to take a commitment
Yeah. You can only have so many officials as well if memory serves. I don’t believe they would burn one on a kid they didn’t like.

I'm tired of hearing the excuses for this by you all saying, "you can't look at his ranking" or "I trust this staff." This staff made a promise saying we would have a top 5 recruiting class this year and taking player like this dude, Jackson, the wide receiver that I can't think of at this moment and giving a scholarship to a long snapper is not gonna get us there.
Got it, loud and clear.

Back to Leonard: Not really worried about the ranking with this guy, I'm just gonna trust the staff on this one. Feeling a little hyped here.

I'm calling BS on a couple of these...

After 2018 signing day, CJP did state that we would have the best class in the country in 2019. That statement was made in the wake of people questioning whether we might've had a better signing day if CJP had not stayed on Bama staff, even part time, through the championship game. Even if the statement was hyperbolic fan service to get people off his back, it created an expectation. Couple that with the angle that this staff is supposed to be built for elite recruiting and the amount of the program's recruiting budget and people are right to wonder wtf is going on. This staff is being paid to deliver elite classes without having to prove it on the field first. If they can't do that, we may have the wrong staff. It's only May.

Nope. He didn't say those words.

Can I get a link to this quote? I don't recall hearing this and I watch most of the PC's and read most of the news blurbs.

Can I get a link to this quote? I don't recall hearing this and I watch most of the PC's and read most of the news blurbs.

On record I'm not sure he has, but he has been quoted by recruits saying these kind of thing. Call bs all you want, only stating what has already been stated.

On record I'm not sure he has, but he has been quoted by recruits saying these kind of thing. Call bs all you want, only stating what has already been stated.

No, no, no... this is how crap gets out of hand. You think you might recall hearing that some guy said that a high school kid mentioned that a coach told him we'd have a top 5 class. Now you're coming in here and declaring it as a truth... as if Pruitt promised all us little fans a top 5 class. That's not cool at all.

Just the facts, ma'am.

"because next year on signing day we will be up there at the very top.”
He also later said he wouldn't let ranking services tell him who that was.
The trick is to find an article that has both. Most are just clickbait.

VN Store

Back