'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

Great info?

giphy.gif

Good info. Not great.

Reactions: Sleegro
No. I’m sure we’ll still play football next year and the program will continue if we don’t get this and the other “must get’s”
Ok...i will adjust my stance. No 1 player makes or breaks a class.

However, this position must somehow have a big hit, whether its a HS player or a transfer, its imperative.

That should be a major factor in Joseph's thinking, but who knows? Working a program up from a bottom is hard and it typically takes a few years. We think our team is up on that curve, after seeing how much time and work goes into it. A player might prefer to go with a team that already has momentum in the turnaround. But if you've ever been to Lakeland, you might think the football feel was UF/FSU. Not saying Tennessee can't make the pull. It happens, and it can happen with Joseph, if he wants to be coached by Pruitt&Co.
It's tough for UT to pull good defensive players out of Fla. with the big three competing for nearly every player in that state.

Reactions: Vol Main
Ok...i will adjust my stance. No 1 player makes or breaks a class.

However, this position must somehow have a big hit, whether its a HS player or a transfer, its imperative.
It makes sense. But then I look at someone like HT who radically changed our defense.

I'm not dead set on saying it was Joseph, it could have been Calloway letting them know he shut things down and will sign weds. These coaches say nothing around this place anymore. Have to be all covert and stuff now just to get a little info.

Skeeter be all like...
cockatiel_hiding_gif_5268914718.gif

UGA gets 5 star RBs b/c they have a great track record of producing NFL backs in recent years and b/c the state of Georgia tends to produce at least two or three 5 star RBs every recruiting class. It's also easier to sell when you're winning. Case in point, coming off back to back 9 win seasons, Butch Jones had a Top 5 recruiting class for much of the 2017 season. When we started to lose, recruits fled like rats from a sinking ship.

But let's not forget that Gray, Chandler and Fils Aime were all 4 star RBs. And Lyn J Dixon was committed to us before Butch **** the bed in 2017. So we've got the talent, we just gotta coach em up. If Gray's last game is any indication on what we can expect in 2020, I would say our RB outlook is very bright and recruits will take notice. Getting monsters on the OL will help with this as well.

Also, we signed 6 offensive players last cycle that were 4 stars or better. We have 4 so far this year, and possibly 5 depending on what happens with Washington. And that's with an offense that was ranked 96th this year and 110th the year prior.
Our RB recruiting sucks .. bad ...

Reactions: Catbone
This isn’t going to be a popular post but running backs are a dime a dozen. No one carries the ball 25 times a game anymore. Maybe one or two guys a class are elite in the big three with size, speed, and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Give me two or three decent backs with different skill sets and let Chaney do his thang.

This isn’t going to be a popular post but running backs are a dime a dozen. No one carries the ball 25 times a game anymore. Maybe one or two guys a class are elite in the big three with size, speed, and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Give me two or three decent backs with different skill sets and let Chaney do his thang.
Sir, this is a Wendy's.
1576601562969.png

VN Store

Back