Fire Pruitt

Insane on PF's part to give this idiot an extension.
He hired the man and gave him an extension. He’s directly responsible for this mess. Unfortunately his “performance” bonuses are not actually tied to success of the field, so as long as fans still show up and spend money he has no reason to make a change. Fan behavior is predictable. They start losing interest in a failing program, AD knows they can go dumpster diving and our fan base rationalizes the hire and supports the program for a couple years until it inevitably fails again, rinse and repeat. From a financial standpoint the administration seems to find this acceptable. So they continue doing it

Last edited:
Want to email me about this? We can't do it on volnation. Dustyrocksolid@yahoo.com
Hey Dusty, I could email you, but like I said in one of my rants last night, I'm probably not the guy to head this up, due to my work schedule.

Jim Beam and I promised last night we'd put up $100 if everybody else joined in and I think I raised it to $200 or maybe $300--and I still feel exactly the same today. There were some guys who said the same and even three or four who said they'd chip in $1000. Having said that, the chances of raising more than 15 to 20 K seems pretty remote with a clearer head. Naturally, putting that up against the 10 to 12 million to even get close to the buyout will probably get us nowhere.

Nope, looks like our only real recourse here is to make enough noise and spend less on the program until the big money people come around. If some enterprising soul with some time on his hands wants to start a crowd fund or something, I'm definitely in for my contribution.

Hey Dusty, I could email you, but like I said in one of my rants last night, I'm probably not the guy to head this up, due to my work schedule.

Jim Beam and I promised last night we'd put up $100 if everybody else joined in and I think I raised it to $200 or maybe $300--and I still feel exactly the same today. There were some guys who said the same and even three or four who said they'd chip in $1000. Having said that, the chances of raising more than 15 to 20 K seems pretty remote with a clearer head. Naturally, putting that up against the 10 to 12 million to even get close to the buyout will probably get us nowhere.

Nope, looks like our only real recourse here is to make enough noise and spend less on the program until the big money people come around. If some enterprising soul with some time on his hands wants to start a crowd fund or something, I'm definitely in for my contribution.
Yeah, you're absolutely right.

Ok, I've resisted this, but fact is, when this guy trotted Guarantano (Mr. 100 yard pick) out there (fans be damned), and then trotted him out again after the pick, I know we're done, aight? So, I figure if I'll send $100 to the AD to buyout Pruitt. That is if 100,000 Vol fans are willing to get rid of this piece of sh-t and matching my $100, I'll send tomorrow, if we have enough to get the job done. Otherwise, I'll not waste my money. Is anyone else in? I mean, I'm not stupid, I know if I send money to Phil Fulmer, he'll just forward it on. I never want to see Guarantano or Pruitt on the UT sideline again next year. Lifelong fan and grad--ready to move on.

I won’t resort to calling Pruitt a piece of ****. He is a good man, but he definitely does not care what the fans want. Hard to say he cares enough about the program. He does however very much care about the kids. I’m just sitting back and accepting I don’t control anything. I will keep my money in my pocket. Boosters have plenty if they want to go after the right person.

QCA8QV5.gif

I won’t resort to calling Pruitt a piece of ****. He is a good man, but he definitely does not care what the fans want. Hard to say he cares enough about the program. He does however very much care about the kids. I’m just sitting back and accepting I don’t control anything. I will keep my money in my pocket. Boosters have plenty if they want to go after the right person.
Pruitt is a good ole country boy, old school, defensive minded coach.
nothing more, nothing less.
that’s not what is required in today’s modern SEC to win.

I’ll pay $1,000 if we can get Freeze or Kiffin and get back to being passionate about winning football games!

Ok, I've resisted this, but fact is, when this guy trotted Guarantano (Mr. 100 yard pick) out there (fans be damned), and then trotted him out again after the pick, I know we're done, aight? So, I figure if I'll send $100 to the AD to buyout Pruitt. That is if 100,000 Vol fans are willing to get rid of this piece of sh-t and matching my $100, I'll send tomorrow, if we have enough to get the job done. Otherwise, I'll not waste my money. Is anyone else in? I mean, I'm not stupid, I know if I send money to Phil Fulmer, he'll just forward it on. I never want to see Guarantano or Pruitt on the UT sideline again next year. Lifelong fan and grad--ready to move on.
if it really started to happen and everybody up to 100,000 you would only need 99,998

It wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t hear about Bailey in the transfer portal by years end. If I were him I would check to see if Kiffin would take him. My goodness, Bailey under Kiffin?

1606100260005.gif

No. You can't fire Coach Pruitt. You have to keep him till the end of the 2025 season because I said so.

VN Store

Back