Fire Pruitt

So everybody, I've made the suggestion. I'm not sure of the mechanics. I wasn't kidding. There are some very smart attorneys on this site (see Trading Places with Eddie Murphy --lol). Maybe we could get one of them to handle the money as a fiduciary. Freek has one of my email addresses. I'll work with anyone interested.

Many of us are serious if this can gain traction. In addition to the legal piece, we need a Social Media/PR person. This story would have legs and could impact Fulmer and the University. Who has the biggest Twitter following? KNS ran the article last night on the only reason left not to fire Pruitt is money. They'd probably be more than willing to follow it up with a piece on regular fans ponying up their hard-earned cash to help make this happen. Fans old enough to remember having a successful program need to keep pushing. Next generations of fans will have internalized a sense of apathy and hopelessness that'll be damn near impossible to overcome. A bold move is needed now.

Agreed, just saying that TN making to correct decisions is a pipe-dream.
Randy Boyd is a smart guy, very successful businessman. He's going to have to strong arm Fulmer, tell him if he values his position as a an AD he will stay out of it and smile for the camera at the press conference. Then the next coach will need to tell Fulmer to stay the hell out of his football program.

Many of us are serious if this can gain traction. In addition to the legal piece, we need a Social Media/PR person. This story would have legs and could impact Fulmer and the University. Who has the biggest Twitter following? KNS ran the article last night on the only reason left not to fire Pruitt is money. They'd probably be more than willing to follow it up with a piece on regular fans ponying up their hard-earned cash to help make this happen. Fans old enough to remember having a successful program need to keep pushing. Next generations of fans will have internalized a sense of apathy and hopelessness that'll be damn near impossible to overcome. A bold move is needed now.
I would definitely pitch in, my memories of the 90’s is all I have to carry but that is waning. My tank is on empty.

I’m in! Get rid of Jerry Green 2.0 FOR CAUSE immediately! Unacceptable coaching every week and for him to say “not my job” to address fans! OMG! Hey dumbass, you wouldn’t be making millions of dollars if not for FANS!!! This should be considered insubordination which is enough to fire someone with cause and avoid buyout! Surely there’s enough dirt and toxic culture behind scenes to guarantee it!!!! I’m so disgusted!!!! 😡

Meanwhile, Chip's team lost by only 3 to Oregon tonight. Must be nice to have a competent head coach. One that we probably could have had here. Sadly, Fulmer doesn't want a head coach that knows how to win or at least be able to put a competitive football team on the field.
Amen

The real test is on Fulmer. He’ll have to choose between his ego and what is best for Tennessee football. This has morphed into a toxic situation rather quickly. Let’s hope the powers that be force his hand sooner rather than later. We need a football coach and Jeremy Pruitt isn’t it.

Reactions: onevol74
Did anyone else hear the comments Pruitt made about Bailey? When asked why he isn’t starting Pruitt say I want to look him in the eye and determine if he wants it. WHAT???!!!
Not put him in because the guy ahead of him sucks. Not put him in because perhaps he will have a great pocket awareness when the guy ahead of him clearly doesn’t. Not put him in because he might be capable of throwing accurate passes across the middle of the field. Not put him in because the team often gets an emotional boost when they see the qb is being replaced. Not put him in because perhaps he’ll be able to look off dbacks before going to his no.1 target. Not put him in because we have absolutely nothing to play for this season so we might as well prepare for the future.
No. He’ll put him in when he sees a glisten in his eye that based on his vast experience in dealing with freshman qbs let’s him know he’s ready. I didn’t think I was possible to hire a dumber coach than butch Jones. But never say never. This guy is without a doubt a bigger idiot and a much worse coach.

Did anyone else hear the comments Pruitt made about Bailey? When asked why he isn’t starting Pruitt say I want to look him in the eye and determine if he wants it. WHAT???!!!
Not put him in because the guy ahead of him sucks. Not put him in because perhaps he will have a great pocket awareness when the guy ahead of him clearly doesn’t. Not put him in because he might be capable of throwing accurate passes across the middle of the field. Not put him in because the team often gets an emotional boost when they see the qb is being replaced. Not put him in because perhaps he’ll be able to look off dbacks before going to his no.1 target. Not put him in because we have absolutely nothing to play for this season so we might as well prepare for the future.
No. He’ll put him in when he sees a glisten in his eye that based on his vast experience in dealing with freshman qbs let’s him know he’s ready. I didn’t think I was possible to hire a dumber coach than butch Jones. But never say never. This guy is without a doubt a bigger idiot and a much worse coach.
This is exactly the mentality I would expect from a guy who grew up dreaming of playing at Bama but didn't have the measureables and then had to claw his way from MTSU to Tuscaloosa. I wonder if Saban let him sit guys until he saw they wanted it?

Meanwhile, Chip's team lost by only 3 to Oregon tonight. Must be nice to have a competent head coach. One that we probably could have had here. Sadly, Fulmer doesn't want a head coach that knows how to win or at least be able to put a competitive football team on the field.
Whaaaaa?

Chip Kelly is 8-19 in the same time frame over in the wimpy PAC-12. Doesn’t seem much better.

I would say that if Bailey has any issues with confidence, it's because his coach has no confidence in him. Standing on the sidelines and continuously being overlooked and not trusted would make anyone that way.

The only way Bailey will learn and mature is on the field in real life game situations....

VN Store

Back