Finished! Done!

And here I'd hoped that the unreasonableness from the FF would have stayed out of the PF.

We just got invaded...

Reactions: 1 person
Better than keeping it up my ass.

I think I'll wait until both sides have a chance to present their sides before rushing to judgement.

Anyway, nobody will miss you.
From someone who hasn't even read the complaint. Do you anything about the burden on a legal team to present such a case and the work involved?
Be careful what you wish for. If you think it's a good thing for UT to present their case you have lost your mind. That means depositions, jury trial, etc. Do you want Rogers on the stand testifying? Crazy.
UT will settle this case, which will offer no "presentation" of sides.

I'm afraid that some here have a history of accepting things as fact without much vetting.

lxLhfNl.gif

Reactions: 7 people
A portion? Ok. Nice way to say, "no."
Compensation?
So a payoff and problem go away?
Figures.

You appear to be far more naive than I thought. Without perspective, Mein Kampf is a tragic tale of one mans hardships as he tries to make his way in the world.
Maybe you should get the full picture before deciding the case.

I'm both amused and embarrassed for you that you've told on yourself in public. I honestly thought you were more rational than this.

Reactions: 2 people
I have read it and I agree it paints a pretty horrible picture. However, I also agree with everyone that says it is one-sided so far and we don't know UT's side. Further, you have to keep in mind that the gruesome sexual details only involve a handful of athletes out of thousands that have passed through in the last couple of years and relate to he said / she said situations where both parties put themselves in potentially bad circumstances.
There are arrest and testimony from former UT compliance people to corroborate.
As I pointed out, if people want this to go to court they have no idea the devastation. You think it's bad now, buckle your searbelts.

Your missing the point. Yes the majority of athletes dont commit crimes (we hope). Its the university's pattern of dismissive responses.

From someone who hasn't even read the complaint. Do you anything about the burden on a legal team to present such a case and the work involved?
Be careful what you wish for. If you think it's a good thing for UT to present their case you have lost your mind. That means depositions, jury trial, etc. Do you want Rogers on the stand testifying? Crazy.
UT will settle this case, which will offer no "presentation" of sides.

UT will most likely settle this case. If they are smart they will settle it quickly just like most any multi-million $$ operation would. That still wouldn't make me believe all of the plaintiffs claims, it would just be smart business on UTs part.

Remember that the plaintiffs are of course going to write a completely one-sided complaint full of doom and gloom, they are looking for a settlement.

There is this thing called "waiting for all the facts".

I find it humorous the lack of middle ground in this. Either all the allegations are completely false and it's some big time "libtard" conspiracy, or it's all completely true and we're the new Penn St.

As I pointed out, if people want this to go to court they have no idea the devastation. You think it's bad now, buckle your searbelts.

Your missing the point. Yes the majority of athletes dont commit crimes (we hope). Its the university's pattern of dismissive responses.

Well I will have to disagree with you there. I do not believe the testimony from disgruntled ex-UT employees and police reports corroborate a pattern of dismissive responses by the University. The players deserve a fair hearing and just because they are in sexual situations that I would deem personally offensive does not mean they deserve to be adjudged a sex offender on their transcript when police do not even have enough evidence to charge them or bring them in front of a grand jury.

UT will most likely settle this case. If they are smart they will settle it quickly just like most any multi-million $$ operation would. That still wouldn't make me believe all of the plaintiffs claims, it would just be smart business on UTs part.

Remember that the plaintiffs are of course going to write a completely one-sided complaint full of doom and gloom, they are looking for a settlement.
Well, i've already addressed this. if only a fraction of this is correct it is enough to maintain my position.

The dismissive attitude on display in this thread is one of fandom. I suggest you read the stuff on Rogers and why he resigned from his position. It is damning. With this much smoke there is fire. I don't UT has enough in the till to settle this in the time from they want.

It certainly doesn't look good, perception is reality as they say. However, I imagine that no matter how substantive or baseless the accusations truly are, it will all blow over in time when UT settles and dishes out the money. Just like any other school would do in the same situation.

Roust has been drinking from the same cup as Marcus. Caught the crazy.

There is this thing called "waiting for all the facts".

I find it humorous the lack of middle ground in this. Either all the allegations are completely false and it's some big time "libtard" conspiracy, or it's all completely true and we're the new Penn St.

There are already facts. The arrests of former and current players are facts. The cases already run through the UTAD are already facts. Tim Rogers resignation is a fact.

The only way more "facts" come into play is if this goes to trial, which would be a **** storm of epic proportions. We've got a bunch of people whistling past the graveyard. Here is my advice. Divest yourself from UT sooner rather than later.

I'd take any accusation with a grain of salt, especially anything recent by millennials who have zero coping skills.

I'd take any accusation with a grain of salt, especially anything recent by millennials who have zero coping skills.

At first I thought you wrote "copying skills"; I was about to reply "Nah they're pretty good at that given how unoriginal they are".

Last edited:

Can you post the doc on VN?

Well, i've already addressed this. if only a fraction of this is correct it is enough to maintain my position.

The dismissive attitude on display in this thread is one of fandom. I suggest you read the stuff on Rogers and why he resigned from his position. It is damning. With this much smoke there is fire. I don't UT has enough in the till to settle this in the time from they want.

Ok again I say. See ya! Nobody will GAF that you are gone. I wish more like you would follow your lead.

It certainly doesn't look good, perception is reality as they say. However, I imagine that no matter how substantive or baseless the accusations truly are, it will all blow over in time when UT settles and dishes out the money. Just like any other school would do in the same situation.

Roust has been drinking from the same cup as Marcus. Caught the crazy.
Percy,

I would ask you the same question. Have you read the 87 page document? If not, i encourage to do so. Saying this will blow over is dismissive fandom. In other words, it is basically saying, "Really, if i'm honest, i don't care what the truth is. I just want this to go away so my team can win some games." Sorry, i can't go there anymore. I've already been on the edge with pay for play looming and the financial nonsense that has become college athletics. When i weigh this against the nostalgia and pageantry of growing up going to games, i just don't see the benefit. I'm simply holding on to a myth. College football today is NOT what I'm really drawn to. It's a caricature. Being a fan, as we see, requires an emotional investment that causes otherwise decent people to abandon all reason and to overlook cheating and outright misconduct. I won't be party to that anymore. This case is really just the straw.

The legal team that is bringing this has been deliberate and strategic, but the fact is they have an actual case. Settle or not, it's ugly, and the repercussions will be far reaching. UT cannot bury this with its checkbook. A pandora's box has been opened.

Well I will have to disagree with you there. I do not believe the testimony from disgruntled ex-UT employees and police reports corroborate a pattern of dismissive responses by the University. The players deserve a fair hearing and just because they are in sexual situations that I would deem personally offensive does not mean they deserve to be adjudged a sex offender on their transcript when police do not even have enough evidence to charge them or bring them in front of a grand jury.
You obviously haven't read the document. I might as well talk to a brick wall.

My wife works for a DA. Do you know how hard it is to prosecute sexual abuse cases? Do you why?
Dismissive fandom. Stick your fingers in your ears and sing Rocky Top. This aint going away.

There are already facts. The arrests of former and current players are facts. The cases already run through the UTAD are already facts. Tim Rogers resignation is a fact.

The only way more "facts" come into play is if this goes to trial, which would be a **** storm of epic proportions. We've got a bunch of people whistling past the graveyard. Here is my advice. Divest yourself from UT sooner rather than later.

1) Sandvol 2.0

2) I don't ever want you near a jury for a case involving myself or my loved ones.

3) Arrests =\= convictions.

4) Please leave VolNation. Let your heart be troubled not by the rest of us supporting an institution of rape.

Reactions: 7 people
You obviously haven't read the document. I might as well talk to a brick wall.

My wife works for a DA. Do you know how hard it is to prosecute sexual abuse cases? Do you why?
Dismissive fandom. Stick your fingers in your ears and sing Rocky Top. This aint going away.

Now you know how many of us feel talking to you.

VN Store

Back