Finebaum roasts CJP for post-game comment

Without going back and looking at the original quote, I think he did say it was closer than it was 3 years ago when he was on the other sideline. Technically, hes not wrong, but it almost sounds like hes lobbying for his DC job back in case he gets fired.

We could learn from our mistakes and not change coaches every 4 years. Or we could throw caution to the wind and make the same mistakes over and over again. Rinse, repeat.

In the 90s and early 2000s Alabama had a stretch where they were 1-7 against Auburn and 2-10 against Tennessee. They kept firing coaches every 4 years until that changed.

In the 1990s and 2000s Georgia went 3-14 vs Florida and lost 9 in a row to Tennessee. They kept firing coaches every few years until they found one that stopped that.

The mistake is keeping losers and hiring people bad at their job. Not getting rid of losers.

I'd you look at the game holistically, phases, not giving up etc, he's right. The fight is there. They just have to work that much harder and believe that you get out what you put in. This team needs to find leadership that will push them to greatness. This Sr class are Butches boys and are soft like Charmin.

Are you still blamimg CBJ for this teams performancr?

Wtf you gonna blame next year...the red shirt senors? The year after...thebone guy that gets a medical exemption?

This either isnor isnt CJPs team. And if he is in his thrid season and it isnt his team.....well one might say he aint much of a HC

Reactions: swampfoxfan
In the 90s and early 2000s Alabama had a stretch where they were 1-7 against Auburn and 2-10 against Tennessee. They kept firing coaches every 4 years until that changed.

In the 1990s and 2000s Georgia went 3-14 vs Florida and lost 9 in a row to Tennessee. They kept firing coaches every few years until they found one that stopped that.

The mistake is keeping losers and hiring people bad at their job. Not getting rid of losers.

Bama and UGA are great illustrations of my point. When Bama was churning coaches, they generally sucked. Shula was 10-2 in 2005 and 6-6 in 2006, not actually that bad. But they knew they had Saban, a homerun hire, before they fired Shula. That ended a series of poor hires because they hired the right guy instead of firing wrong guy without a plan to improve.

So if we could score someone like Urban Meyer, we should make that happen ASAP. Otherwise we need to bide our time.

How in the world do you guys get so worked up over another talking head who is just piling on to the obvious? These guys make a living off of tabloid emotion and we just slurp it up like it means something!
Dude probably didn't even watch the game.

I'd you look at the game holistically, phases, not giving up etc, he's right. The fight is there. They just have to work that much harder and believe that you get out what you put in. This team needs to find leadership that will push them to greatness. This Sr class are Butches boys and are soft like Charmin.
The “fight is not there” for the coaches. They quit in the 2nd half against Alabama.

Butches boys? You are most certainly a condescending jerk, Pruitt inherited such softies as Trey Smith,J Jennings, M Calaway,D. Butili D. Taylor T Chandler B Buchanan Palmer, Wolf etc.

When Pruitt got here he immediately began blaming players,he still does, Pruitt is not man enough to look in the mirror and find the weak link. What kind of loaded roster did Kiffin inherit at Ole Miss? what was the Bama Ole miss score?

Bama and UGA are great illustrations of my point. When Bama was churning coaches, they generally sucked. Shula was 10-2 in 2005 and 6-6 in 2006, not actually that bad. But they knew they had Saban, a homerun hire, before they fired Shula. That ended a series of poor hires because they hired the right guy instead of firing wrong guy without a plan to improve.

So if we could score someone like Urban Meyer, we should make that happen ASAP. Otherwise we need to bide our time.

They didn't know they had Saban, they tried their best to hire Rich Rodriguez and he turned them down. They then did what we should do but never do, they made Saban an offer at the time that was 25% higher than any coach in college football. Miami had foolishly denied his interest in signing Drew Brees, so he split and doomed college football.

VN Store

Back