Finebaum roasts CJP for post-game comment

Know you're all Finebaum fans. Aa long as the negative comments that for your narrative are said, it doesn't matter who they come from apparently. I thought Finebaum was a UT grad who turned on is and is in bed with Bama and Saban. Guess the narrative is more important.

I'd you look at the game holistically, phases, not giving up etc, he's right. The fight is there. They just have to work that much harder and believe that you get out what you put in. This team needs to find leadership that will push them to greatness. This Sr class are Butches boys and are soft like Charmin.

I'd you look at the game holistically, phases, not giving up etc, he's right. The fight is there. They just have to work that much harder and believe that you get out what you put in. This team needs to find leadership that will push them to greatness. This Sr class are Butches boys and are soft like Charmin.

Then why has Pruitt kept them and keeps playing them?

Butch's players is the laziest excuse out there, the day Pruitt renewed their schollys they became Pruitt's players.

Other sports-site commentary (bold mine):

If you’d like to hold onto an 8-game winning streak against the nobodies of the SEC and a couple of nonconference gimme putts, please, by all means, go right ahead. I prefer to stay in the real world, where after the Alabama loss, Pruitt said, “I’m excited about being here.”

Why wouldn’t he be? He’s getting paid $4 million a year to win games that mean nothing and getting blown out in the games that do.
We can talk all we want about Pruitt’s ability to recruit, and how his back-to-back top 15 classes are the foundation of the future, and how a potential top 10 class this December will only add to it.

But at some point, if those recruiting classes aren’t paying off on the field, the finger must be pointed to the coach developing those players. Of all the dopey things Butch Jones did (champions for life, turnover trash can, etc.) as coach at Tennessee, nothing compares to firing an assistant coach (Jimmy Brumbaugh) at halftime, and proudly proclaiming he’d coach the defensive line – and then watching that defensive line play poorly the following week. Nothing even close.

Alabama Finebaum is a disgrace even though he is a Tennessee alum. He has been inAlabama ‘s corner ever since he has had his radio show in Birmingham. He, himself, has been roasted so much that he is 60 something chestnut.

Other sports-site commentary (bold mine):

If you’d like to hold onto an 8-game winning streak against the nobodies of the SEC and a couple of nonconference gimme putts, please, by all means, go right ahead. I prefer to stay in the real world, where after the Alabama loss, Pruitt said, “I’m excited about being here.”

Why wouldn’t he be? He’s getting paid $4 million a year to win games that mean nothing and getting blown out in the games that do.
We can talk all we want about Pruitt’s ability to recruit, and how his back-to-back top 15 classes are the foundation of the future, and how a potential top 10 class this December will only add to it.

But at some point, if those recruiting classes aren’t paying off on the field, the finger must be pointed to the coach developing those players. Of all the dopey things Butch Jones did (champions for life, turnover trash can, etc.) as coach at Tennessee, nothing compares to firing an assistant coach (Jimmy Brumbaugh) at halftime, and proudly proclaiming he’d coach the defensive line – and then watching that defensive line play poorly the following week. Nothing even close.
The DL just needs leadership reps......chill

We are 0-8 against the SEC teams that matter. Butch was doing better than this. 9-3 next year or major coaching changes need to be made.....again.

We could learn from our mistakes and not change coaches every 4 years. Or we could throw caution to the wind and make the same mistakes over and over again. Rinse, repeat.

Finebaum just piling on and following whichever the way the wind blows on any given week. That being said.....don't disagree with him here.

From about 6 months ago

“He’s getting players that Tennessee has not gotten in a long time so he’s learned from others, especially his old boss in Tuscaloosa,” Finebaum said. “I think he feels and senses the momentum, so he’s playing to it and no matter how you slice it, Jeremy Pruitt’s recruiting has been the story of this spring. And the reason why I’m convinced that Tennessee is on the cusp of returning to power is I am hearing criticism from other schools, competing schools – from rivals, that he’s not doing that great.

Which would make sense if team did not regress from last year...

Kentucky loss is unexcuseable. Games vs. the nfl teams (ga and ala) just show we are no where near beating them at the moment. Talent gap and non development of players are reasons etc. Need to make a qb change time to move on from #2.

Know you're all Finebaum fans. Aa long as the negative comments that for your narrative are said, it doesn't matter who they come from apparently. I thought Finebaum was a UT grad who turned on is and is in bed with Bama and Saban. Guess the narrative is more important.

I'm pretty sure the underlying "narrative" has been that the Vols have mostly sucked the past 15 years.

It doesn't take much spin to fit that narrative, the results speak for themselves.

Wait!! Just who's decision was it to play JG?? Own up to the fact that he is not a good player nor leader. Can't blame JG as he is living up to his meager abilities.

Finebomb sux but he is right on this one.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back