Final poll?

OSU, UofA and UT all with the same record. Based off of the bowl performances I'd hesitate to move amy of them. They all are deserving and do they pass a 1 loss Michigan? OSU has only lost to #1 and #2 as of the current rankings.

Reactions: WillisWG
GA and TCU will be top two, Mich will be 3 (one loss). osu will be perceived as the best two-loss team. Bama will be 5 (not that they should), and we'll be 6, even though we should be 5.

TCU better show the F*** up and beat GA’s ass. One thing they have going for them is that Qb Duggan is like the size Tebow was and can actually throw the football unlike Teblow.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Anyone know when the final rankings/AP poll comes out after the playoffs shake out? Where do we end up, top 3?
We won't move. Michigan has one loss. OSU 2 and that was barely to a team that stomped us. Only change I think is Michigan and TCU swap. It is possible that Bama moves in front of Ohio St to #4. I don't see us jumping Bama after they destroyed the team that just beat TCU.

Is there a final CFP poll after the national championship game? Or do we just get the final AP and Coach’s Poll? It’s going to be irritating if we end up 6th.

We won't move. Michigan has one loss. OSU 2 and that was barely to a team that stomped us. Only change I think is Michigan and TCU swap. It is possible that Bama moves in front of Ohio St to #4. I don't see us jumping Bama after they destroyed the team that just beat TCU.

You sir……………………… are correct.

Is there a final CFP poll after the national championship game? Or do we just get the final AP and Coach’s Poll? It’s going to be irritating if we end up 6th.

This has played out poorly for chances to move up. With TCU eking out a win over MICH and GA eking out a win over OSU there will probably be just a rearrangement of the top 4. To maximize the polls we needed MICH curb stomping TCU to get them to 2 loses, GA doing likewise to OSU, then killing MICH in the big one, after a Bama loss. A very favorable common opponents score thing might have had us jump all or most those guys. OH WELL.....

I will now pivot and hope TCU beats GA to beat back the dynasty talk and hopefully get to revel in them going into spin mode for yet another big loss and reviving the Kirby can't win the big one narrative. It at least keeps the SEC in the big game streak alive and does not allow for a Big 10 has caught or passed the SEC crowing fest Best available option now I guess. It is possible with a GA win that TCU and MICH just swap places as only changes in the top 6. Flip GA and TCU if TCU wins or maybe MICH moves back to 2 based on score differentials.

Reactions: Winchester73
I Googled this and didn't find anything about rankings after all the bowl games are played. All the results were about rankings to determine who plays in which bowl and playoff games.

Reactions: Vols1891
Assuming Georgia beats TCU by more than a touchdown.

Georgia
Ohio State
TCU
Michigan
Bama
UT

It really doesn’t matter or take away from me the great season we had if we finish 6th instead of 4th or 5th.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Anyone know when the final rankings/AP poll comes out after the playoffs shake out? Where do we end up, top 3?

I do not know when the final rankings are released. I will be stunned if we are ranked any higher than 5th or 6th. Watching the same old anti-Tennessee bias these past several weeks makes me believe it will continue. I mean, c’mon…we have a 100 percent gimmicky offense and we got lucky to beat a bad Alabama team when they are in an off year, same with Florida, we beat LSU before they were really ready for our gimmicky offense, etc. etc. Georgia exposed us for the poseurs we are and a very average South Carolina team exposed us even worse. The Heisman committee got it right…Hooker had no business going to NY playing in that gimmicky offense. And we got lucky to catch Clemson in an off year for them.

The only teams that take us seriously are the ones we beat. Sportswriters and poll wizards do not take us seriously…and will not until we make them do that by winning championships. Even then, if we were to go 14-0, a few would still not vote us number one.

This is been going on since the 1950s, guys. We forced everyone to take us seriously in 1998…but many did that grudgingly. We are the hillbillies, the ignorant, nose-picking, cousin-marrying, mouth-breathing rednecks who can’t spell and who sit on our front porch with our hounds playing banjo waiting for Deliverance II to come out.

you know the saying "remain silent and be thought a fool or open your mouth and prove it!" I should remain silent but I'm going on the record with an outrageous prediction. So, go ahead and pronounce me a fool!

TCU beats Ohio State in the Championship Game!

this was posted at 3:47- It picks three winners. The first pick is correct!
What’s up Fool?🤣

Pollsters won't do it, but the tiebreaker with Bama should be the head to head game. We beat number 7 in a bowl game by 17 they beat a slighter lesser team by 25.

Well, the semi-finals ended up being too close. Which means Ohio State and Michigan, the losers, will not be penalized. Pollsters will gauge them as near-equals to the (now) #1 and #2 teams to whom they lost.

Which means Michigan and Ohio State will likely fill in the #3 and #4 spots. That also helps the loser of the championship game to hold the #2 spot; the B10 semi-final losers form a bit of a dam to prop the finals loser on top of.

And Bama winning their game big means they won't be penalized, either.

I think it's gonna end up:

#1 - UGa (or TCU, though I think this is unlikely)
#2 - TCU (or UGa, though I think this is unlikely)
#3 - Michigan (or Ohio St)
#4 - Ohio St (or Michigan)
#5 - Bama
#6 - Tennessee
#7 - winner of the Utah - Penn State bowl game (or Washington)
#8 - Washington (or winner of the Utah - Penn State bowl game)
#9 - USCw (as long as they don't choke in their bowl game)
#10 - Clemson or Kansas State or loser of the Utah - Penn State game

I Googled this and didn't find anything about rankings after all the bowl games are played. All the results were about rankings to determine who plays in which bowl and playoff games.

There’s just the final AP & Coaches Poll. The CFP rankings (like the older BCS rankings) are pretty much just about bowl placements: once the teams are all placed in the bowls, it’s done being released for the year.

VN Store

Back