Final poll?

We had a great year, finished 11-2 and we are right up there with the top teams in the country. Everybody knows that top 6 is tight. Just feels good to finish up there in the top 5 conversation. GBO

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. UT

Georgia routs OSU and then beats Michigan in a slightly more competitive game. Alabama curb stomping K-State was the safest bet of the post season, and the pollsters are thrilled to put them at #2. They can't stomach the idea of three SEC teams on top, so Michigan slides in at #3.
Bama def gonna be #1. The voters love bama. Evidence is the final poll that ranked them ahead of the team that beat them and beat the other team that beat them too. Doesn't matter they didn't win the championship. Voters always right. /S

Bama def gonna be #1. The voters love bama. Evidence is the final poll that ranked them ahead of the team that beat them and beat the other team that beat them too. Doesn't matter they didn't win the championship. Voters always right. /S

1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. UT
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State

They'll keep TCU at #2 unless they are blown out, and just might put one of the Big 10 teams undeservedly ahead of UT so they don't have three SEC teams that high.

Reactions: Vol737
1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. UT
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State

They'll keep TCU at #2 unless they are blown out, and just might put one of the Big 10 teams undeservedly ahead of UT so they don't have three SEC teams that high.
Went over your head. In seriousness, if TCU loses, they won't be 2. I would guess 3 unless they get blown out. GA AL TCU UT MI OSU

1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. UT
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State

TCU would lose 2 of their last 3. No way they stay above Bama who bested the B12 champs easily. The team that beat TCU.

Went over your head. In seriousness, if TCU loses, they won't be 2. I would guess 3 unless they get blown out. GA AL TCU UT MI OSU

Didn't go over my head, I got the joke.

I'd agree they would put Bama at #2 and they should then put UT at #3, but I can't see them putting SEC teams at 1 and 2, and will probably leave MI above the Vols as well. They may love Bama, but the Big 10 bias might be stronger.

Anyone know when the final rankings/AP poll comes out after the playoffs shake out? Where do we end up, top 3?
Uhh no.

#5 would be the likely best. #4 if we get lucky. #6 is quite possible as well.

Our best bet is AP voters pushing OSU down 2 places for losing 2 straight.

We were already 50 votes behind Bama and they beat #11 K St by 25. We beat #10 by 17. Just not sure that will be enough to jump Bama, since we were already behind them, unless the name brand of Clemson helps.

No way we jump Michigan, so top 3 is never happening.

Reactions: BubbaDoc
It will be a crime if we aren’t ranked ahead of Bama in the final poll.
Why? We already weren't ahead.

The time to be ahead of Bama was with the last poll. That's behind us and they played too well to be punished, if I had to guess. Similar opponents, #10/#11 as well.

Not saying it's right, but they made up their mind weeks ago and left us 50 votes behind.

Why? We already weren't ahead.

The time to be ahead of Bama was with the last poll. That's behind us and they played too well to be punished, if I had to guess. Similar opponents, #10/#11 as well.

Not saying it's right, but they made up their mind weeks ago and left us 50 votes behind.

Because we had a better season than them, we beat #7 in our bowl game as compared to them beating #9, and we beat them straight up in head-to-head competition?

We beat Clemson, a conference champ, Kansas State was not. Clemson is also higher ranked than Kansas State. Clemson is also a recent national champion. Clemson also had a better record than K State.
And of course we beat Bama.
So we should be ranked ahead of Bama, right?

Last edited:
1. Georgia
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. UT
5. Michigan
6. Ohio State

I doubt they’re going to put the 13-1 team whose only loss came in a playoff game against the #3 team by a single score behind an 11-2 team.

We beat Clemson, a conference champ, Kansas State was not. Clemson is also higher ranked than Kansas State. Clemson is also a recent national champion. Clemson also had a better record than K State.
I thought K State beat TCU in the Big 12 Championship ?

Kansas State beat TCU to win the Big 12 championship. That’s the reason they were in the Sugar Bowl.

I doubt they’re going to put the 13-1 team whose only loss came in a playoff game against the #3 team by a single score behind an 11-2 team.

Agreed, and I alluded to that in my post. But the fact that the 13-1 team is in the Big 10 and the 11-2 the SEC only makes it more so.

6th is wonderful, but 5th would be phenomenal, 4th would be surreal

Only pisser is Saban, who we beat, probably gets ranked ahead of us. For his NIL, I wouldn't buy AFLAC if it was free. Well, maybe, if they did a commercial with him on his knees begging again.
There's Nick now, politicking for a good final poll rating

Attachments

• begging-3.jpg
    begging-3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1
I think we'll probably jump OSU, even though they played great. Same record, but higher strength of schedule. I won't be shocked if we don't jump them, or even be upset.

How would 13-1 Michigan fall behind us? Not happening.
Well, I originally had those flipped but then I noticed I had Michigan above Tennessee. Screw MI they will never be above Tennessee not in my poll I mean bias is obviously ok in polls now since Bama was ranked ahead of TN before bowl season and they got beat by them. My justification is that they lost and Tennessee won convincingly over the ACC champ. Michigan is the B12 champs so they are about par with the ACC champs. the/

VN Store

Back