Ferguson Riots

Don't you think the parents share some responsibility for allowing the kid to take off the orange tip?
That orange is on there for a reason.

Sure, but what can any of us do about the parents? I'm worried about the public servants sworn and paid to protect this kid.

What happens when cops are issued body cameras?

(From The Wall Street Journal) So it is in Rialto, Calif., where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras, no bigger than pagers, that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras’ introduction, the use of force by officers declined 60%, and citizen complaints against police fell 88%.

Reactions: 1 person
Good points. The Brown/Wilson case is a good example across the board. Had the total evidence shown he shot a fleeing or surrendering Brown (regardless of his recent crimes) he should have been "vigorously" prosecuted as the Gov stated months prior. Of course when he made that comment he was either ignorant, ignoring, or not willing to wait for a full picture.
I think I'll choose all of the above. (All the while being encouraged by a race baiting White House and DOJ.)

What happens when cops are issued body cameras?

(From The Wall Street Journal) So it is in Rialto, Calif., where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras, no bigger than pagers, that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras’ introduction, the use of force by officers declined 60%, and citizen complaints against police fell 88%.

Link?

If you'll go back through this thread you'll see I didn't comment much on Wilson/brown as I viewed it as a self defense shooting. I posted a link to an article not knowing it was from a liberal snooze fest. I posted it for info purposes only. As I didn't know if the chaps here had seen it. I got drug into defending the article, which I kept prefacing my comments with "if true" then I'm on Browns side for some reason, when the only thing that mattered to me was that one guy lost his life and the other his anonymity for the rest of his life.

Is it true I dislike cops? Yes it is. I despise all systems based on force and extortion.

No need. Your stance is noted.

That was a general comment not directed at one individual.

I agree with the extortion idea. And force only when its not necessary. In the Wilson case, Michael Brown made that decision for Wilson.

I choose not to lump everything or everyone into one pile.

To be honest I see little downside to cameras. In fact, on balance, I think it'd do more to incriminate bad guys and protect officers than anything else.

Reactions: 3 people
So in that split second he thought "I want to die so I'm going to go for my gun"?

If he was trying to show them it was fake then he wasn't thinking clearly. Obviously they are going to shoot him cause they see him going for the gun. He didn't have time to process that. If he had even 3 seconds to say it's fake this could have been avoided. He may have been saying it's fake while he was going for the gun. The cops didn't give him or themselves any time to make a good decision.

Well you and Defend know how it went down. After all, all you need is that video, right? The rest of your argument is just fluff. You saw the video and made your decision. Done. Hang the cop.

Back to the Ferguson situation for a moment and the aftermath. Some community policing in action.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3phQiGb6os[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
. I see it as the thugs they're dealing with behaving because they know they won't have a leg to stand on in court.

You think the amoeba brained thugs that these guys deal with for the most part will change their behavior because they are on camera? Really?

You think the amoeba brained thugs that these guys deal with for the most part will change their behavior because they are on camera? Really?

Seeing as I deal with them on a daily basis as well and when LE Shows, their attitude changes to complete Compliance, yes I do.

Sorry, I'm not really into comparing cages.

Not anything like that. I just wonder, because you seem to think we have the most corrupt system on the planet. You have no idea what true corruption is all about. Just like the people in New Orleans have no true idea what poverty is and what it's like to lose everything... and I mean EVERYTHING. No FEMA trailers in India after the tsunami... Just grass huts on the beach with the shirts on their backs.

Not anything like that. I just wonder, because you seem to think we have the most corrupt system on the planet. You have no idea what true corruption is all about. Just like the people in New Orleans have no true idea what poverty is and what it's like to lose everything... and I mean EVERYTHING. No FEMA trailers in India after the tsunami... Just grass huts on the beach with the shirts on their backs.
That's exactly what you want to do, compare cages. I'm not concerned with other countries, I'm concerned with where I live and smashing the authoritarian system that has been built around us.
At the end of the day, I can't speak for Huff but I'm sure he will agree, we just want everyone to be free.
For the record, I have been out of the country, not that it matters.

That's exactly what you want to do, compare cages. I'm not concerned with other countries, I'm concerned with where I live and smashing the authoritarian system that has been built around us.
At the end of the day, I can't speak for Huff but I'm sure he will agree, we just want everyone to be free.
For the record, I have been out of the country, not that it matters.

Yeah no cops would be awesome. I am sure these protests wouldnt have happened and crime would be at all time lows..

Reactions: 3 people
"When the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again." - Edith Hamilton

VN Store

Back