Ferguson Riots

I would think one that is a LEO would see things in a different light than a civilian. There are some bad officers but imo there are many more good officers. That is one profession that I respect tremendously. There are good and bad in every profession, imo.

Good points Gramps.

Some just hate cops. I thought Michael Browns mothers comments on the Early Show yesterday fit that.
Paraphrasing, He (Wilson) was looking for somebody to shoot that day.

At the end of the day GV, you're just as biased for cops as I am against. Why we even bother is beyond me. It is what it is, have a happy thanksgiving.

No, actually the major difference in us is the fact I can admit when a cop is in the wrong as I've done before.

And you would never admit they were right about anything. And always look for even the most remote inkling of impropriety to justify your prejudice.

No, actually the major difference in us is the fact I can admit when a cop is in the wrong as I've done before.

And you would never admit they were right about anything. And always look for even the most remote inkling of impropriety to justify your prejudice.

Like I said, why bother. You have your beliefs, I have mine.

Wait for the facts when we have a video of exactly what went down? Sure why not.
Do me a favor, before you attack someone's beliefs, how about knowing a little something about them first. Anarcho/capitalist do not believe in no law, they believe in private security that would be provided by the market that would actually be held accountable to their customers, unlike the system of force you endorse.

lol private law enforcement? Justice for those who can afford it!

Collect revenue for the state.

Here is a link to the supreme court ruling I was referencing

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0

Pains me to link the NY times

There is no specific duty to "protect" any individual citizen. This makes sense actually as it's an insane idea that the cops would be able to protect everyone...it'd literally be impossible. What that ruling does is keep almost any given crime victim from arguing "Where were the police." in a lawsuit. It's also why everyone should get it through their skulls that the first person in charge of your safety is you.

Reactions: 1 person
If a 10-12 year old boy pulled out a pistol and was aiming at you, what would you do?

The only way the cops could have handled it worse is shoot out a rolled down window and keep driving. I've said this 8 damn times in this thread, and I keep getting the same question you asked me, so for the last time:

The cops made the fatal error before the kid allegedly went for the fake gun in his waistband.

Reactions: 3 people
The only way the cops could have handled it worse is shoot out a rolled down window and keep driving. I've said this 8 damn times in this thread, and I keep getting the same question you asked me, so for the last time:

The cops made the fatal error before the kid allegedly went for the fake gun in his waistband.

It's pointless bro.

What fatal error is that?

Reactions: 2 people
So rape victims may receive justice if they can afford it?

No, but it's way too long of a conversation to have in the wrong thread.

Think of explaining democracy to somebody 1000 years ago. It would take you 2 months for them to understand but they'd just call you crazy. "You mean to tell me the leader of the country is just going to hand over power peaceably when he loses an election?"

They wouldn't understand cause they are too stuck in their framework. It takes a lot of thinking and discussion/reading to understand the theory of anarcho-capitalism. You may never agree with it, but everyone should understand it, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

Think of explaining democracy to somebody 1000 years ago. It would take you 2 months for them to understand but they'd just call you crazy. "You mean to tell me the leader of the country is just going to hand over power peaceably when he loses an election?"

They wouldn't understand cause they are too stuck in their framework. It takes a lot of thinking and discussion/reading to understand the theory of anarcho-capitalism. You may never agree with it, but everyone should understand it, IMO.

I'm interested. Make a thread! I can't say I know much of the topic.

What fatal error is that?

Rolling up within 5 feet and surprising the child who is supposedly dangerous. The kid didn't have time to think clearly and comply or refuse to comply. That's an obvious fact because the cops claim the kid went for a toy gun. Why would he do that if he had time to think clearly?

Reactions: 2 people

God lord this 100x this. :good!:

Rolling up within 5 feet and surprising the child who is supposedly dangerous. The kid didn't have time to think clearly and comply or refuse to comply. That's an obvious fact because the cops claim the kid went for a toy gun. Why would he do that if he had time to think clearly?

Why would he go for his toy gun either way? And what makes this fact obvious? Maybe he was trying to show them it was fake. Maybe he wanted to die? Going for the weapon proves nothing.

VN Store

Back