ESPN the lost Network

Based on people stating they don’t like to be lectured to while they are watching a football game. You really don’t get do you.

Based on mostly white people complaining about being lectured about BLM, then yes I think it's reasonable that Memphis has reservations about putting anything BLM on their helmets/uniforms because of what they thought white donors would think. Do you need it explained further, or is that light bulb warming up yet?

Again....your point in relation to what I said?
“The American left is centered compared to the rest of the world” is what you said. The lefts views are actually extreme compared to most of the world. None of the **** that’s been happening here the last couple of months would have happened in Russia, Japan, Sweden, China, etc...and if it would have, it would have not lasted this long. The left wants to burn this country down.

Reactions: NEO
“The American left is centered compared to the rest of the world” is what you said. The lefts views are actually extreme compared to most of the world. None of the **** that’s been happening here the last couple of months would have happened in Russia, Japan, Sweden, China, etc...and if it would have, it would have not lasted this long. The left wants to burn this country down.

pnzJTq3.gif

Sports shows suck overall across the board. Nobody cares what pampered, overpaid talking heads and elite athletes think about politics and dont want to hear that nonsense. It actually has the opposite effect of what they think when they try to "wake" everyone. We've all got eyes and can see the BS for what it is. Tune out the propaganda and tune in the game. If they start bringing politics into the game then they'll be playing in empty stadiums like the NFL was pre-covid and will be again after the covid political sham passes.

Reactions: oz615 and VolAllen
Just pointing out your hypocrisy. Carry on.

So you're pointing out my hypocrisy to pointing out their hypocrisy.....so I guess keep it going by me pointing out your double standard for pointing out my hypocrisy and not their hypocrisy.

Sports shows suck overall across the board. Nobody cares what pampered, overpaid talking heads and elite athletes think about politics and dont want to hear that nonsense. It actually has the opposite effect of what they think when they try to "wake" everyone. We've all got eyes and can see the BS for what it is. Tune out the propaganda and tune in the game. If they start bringing politics into the game then they'll be playing in empty stadiums like the NFL was pre-covid and will be again after the covid political sham passes.

Sure thing. I guess we're just making sh** up now huh.

Now that you’ve brought the Frankfurt school into the football forum, you want to tell me how ESPN or Herbstreit are espousing Marxist ideals? Feel free to phone Roy Cohn for help.

Sure. They openly embrace the cynical criticism of critical theory on a daily basis (examples include proclaiming its racist to hire Steve Nash, racist for the cowboys to sign a white backup QB, racism preventing any black qb who is a free agent from being signed). Critical theory is directly from the Frankfort school and a part of the “Long March Through the Institutions”. A long march that is blatantly evident to anyone who has watched ESPN lately or read statements recently from the APA. The President of the American Psychological Association just released a statement claiming capitalism and white supremacy are the disease in America.

ESPN seems to intentionally seek out anchors who take part in the disingenuous cynicism of critical theory.

On top of that they openly embrace a radical Marxist organization in BLM (if you read their website they use the term comrade multiple times and even openly refer to themselves as “trained Marxists”)

Last edited:
Is it me or has ESPN thrown the last shovel of dirt on their grave? I mean who can watch this junk and call it sports reporting? To survive,if they can, they should leave the opinions to the fans and not express theirs on fans who just want to watch sports and get away from politics,the pandemic and the social unrest in our country. What’s sad is the network has hijacked college football and left many of us with no choice but to turn it off.

What exactly do you want them to report on, then? The way sports leagues and teams has dealt with the pandemic has been the only real story in sports since March. How many people can be in the stands, our teams are dealing with it, how many players test positive, that is all newsworthy. It stinks, but it is the story in sports. It would be irresponsible for them to ignore it.

As for the social protests, do you expect them to ignore a movement where a high percentage of the athletes in the sports they cover participate? If an NFL player gives a press conference and half of the questions he has asked deal with social justice, are they just supposed to omit that part of the question and answer session?

In yesterday’s college football games, two different coaching staffs wore shirts in support of social justice instead of their usual coaching attire. Are they supposed to ignore that? Not show that sideline?

I agree that many of us go to sports to escape the 24 hour news cycle on something else. But I think we have to understand that when many of the athletes we cheer for come to the court or the playing field, they can’t escape it. And if it’s happening, it’s ESPN’s responsibility to cover it, even if it makes some of us uncomfortable.

VN Store

Back